Java User Acct. Problem?

rjboney

Java User Acct. Problem?
While trying to play POGO.com games. I got error msg [Java Not Found or Not
Working]. Pogo had worked prior to today. Something has changed, but I can
not figure it out. I can log on to Pogo ok and play non-Java based games.
When I select a Java based screen it goes to game popup and starts loading
then popup closes and site goes to error msg. screen. It does this wheather
I use IE7.0 or Firefox 2.0, I get the same error. Java console is enabled
for Tray but does not show with browser in use, there fore can not check
Java execution steps.
Java does not work for Vista User acct.rjboney. Every thing works ok if I
logout and login underVista user acct. pdboney. Both accounts have the same
administrator rights. I ran the following tests.
Vista User Acct. pdboney Java test results
Ran Java.com java test and It showes installation ok.
Ran Pogo's EA support test for Java with results:
Java 1.6.0_01 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)
Windows Vista 6.0 (x86)
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR
2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506)

Vista User Acct. rjboney Java test results
RanJava.com java test and it goes to web site:
http://java.com/en/download/help/testvm.xml but no test seems to run.
Ran Pogo's EA support test for Java with results:
No info just a square with a red [X].

I have checked and/or tried the following.
Popup blockers are off.
I have deleted cache and temporary internet files.
Uninstalled and reinstalled Java with firewall disabled and Vista UAC
disabled.
Windows Updates are upto date.
Problem still there. Pogo and Java work ok under other Vista User Accouts
but not this User Account.
I get the same error when I use IE7.0 or Firefox 2.0
I checked McAfee and Java Platform has permission enabled for Java.
* IS there some file or fix for a User acct. that would not automatically be
fixed by reinstalling Java?
* Is there possibly a Windows security system blocking Java that I do not
know or, and if so how do I check it? Example UAC?
I could possibly create a new User Account but would perfer not to as I am
the primary user of this computer and it would be a lot of work transfering
user data across and I am not sure if problem would not follow. I would do
this as a last resort.

system information.

OS Name Microsoft® Windows VistaT Ultimate
Version 6.0.6000 Build 6000
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name RJBONEY-LAPTOP
System Manufacturer Dell Inc.
System Model MM061
System Type X86-based PC
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU T7200 @ 2.00GHz, 2000 Mhz, 2
Core(s), 2 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Dell Inc. A14, 4/2/2007
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume3
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.0.6000.20500"
User Name rjboney-laptop\rjboney
Time Zone Central Daylight Time
Total Physical Memory 2,037.82 MB
Available Physical Memory 935.73 MB
Total Virtual Memory 4.19 GB
Available Virtual Memory 2.86 GB
Page File Space 2.28 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

windows IE7.0

Version: 7.0.6000.16473
Cipher Strength: 256-bit
Update Version:0

Firefox 2.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010
Firefox/2.0

Java
Version 1.6.0 (build 1.6.0_01-b06)

Enabled in:
java control for IE
IE7.0 internet options, Advanced
Manage add-ons Sun Java Console enabled

Macafee

Security Center-
Version 7.2
Build 7.2.147
Language: en-us
last update 4/14/2007

Personal Firewall-
Version 8.2
Build 8.2.122
Language: en-us
last update 6/25/2007
Program Permssion[ javaw.exe, jusched.exe both have full access]

Spam Killer-
Version 8.2
Build 8.2.137
Language: en-us
last update 7/4/2007
Content Version: 615.613.165.165

Privacy Service-
Version 9.2
Build 9.2.134
Language: en-us
last update 6/9/2007

James Matthews

Re: Java User Acct. Problem?
Download and install JAVA

--

http://www.goldwatches.com/watches.asp?Brand=14
"rjboney" <rjboney@texoma.net> wrote in message
> [...]
> Update Version:0
>
> Firefox 2.0
>
> Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.0; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20061010
> Firefox/2.0
>

> Java
> Version 1.6.0 (build 1.6.0_01-b06)
>
> Enabled in:
> java control for IE
> IE7.0 internet options, Advanced
> Manage add-ons Sun Java Console enabled
>
> Macafee
>
> Security Center-
> Version 7.2
> Build 7.2.147
> Language: en-us
> last update 4/14/2007
>
> Personal Firewall-
> Version 8.2
> Build 8.2.122
> Language: en-us
> last update 6/25/2007
> Program Permssion[ javaw.exe, jusched.exe both have full access]

rjboney

Re: Java User Acct. Problem Update?
I have removed and reloaded Java multiple time in the last two days. Java
works on all my wifes and kids user acct but not on mine. Problem seems to
be something corrupted on just this user acct. Some file that interfaces a
user account in vista with Java is corrupted. reinstalling Java does not fix
problem. Any help appreciated.