uninstall program

HvP

uninstall program
maybe it is just me and I'm blind but I am trying to uninstall a program and
I just don't see a button to "uninstall, change or repair"

I have all the programs listed and if can select it but that's about it.
nothing with double click, right click or enter and no buttons.

Any help ?

thanks

Spirit

Re: uninstall program
You have to check the program you want to Uninstall and then the button
appears.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial141.html
How to Uninstall Programs in Vista

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f56ca1033.mspx

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...069f51033.mspx

"HvP" <hvonp@verizon.net> wrote in message
> maybe it is just me and I'm blind but I am trying to uninstall a program
> and I just don't see a button to "uninstall, change or repair"
>
> I have all the programs listed and if can select it but that's about it.
> nothing with double click, right click or enter and no buttons.
>
> Any help ?
>
> thanks

Sid

Re: uninstall program
I'm facing same problem. I've un-installed programs on vista before.

But, now for some reason as I select a program to uninstall, the uninstall
button doesn't appear. Please help!!

"Spirit" wrote:

> You have to check the program you want to Uninstall and then the button
> appears.
>
> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial141.html
> How to Uninstall Programs in Vista
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f56ca1033.mspx
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...069f51033.mspx
>
> "HvP" <hvonp@verizon.net> wrote in message
> > maybe it is just me and I'm blind but I am trying to uninstall a program
> > and I just don't see a button to "uninstall, change or repair"
> >
> > I have all the programs listed and if can select it but that's about it.
> > nothing with double click, right click or enter and no buttons.
> >
> > Any help ?
> >
> > thanks

Spirit

Re: uninstall program
Are you logged in as Admin? See the links I posted.

"Sid" <Sid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm facing same problem. I've un-installed programs on vista before.
>
> But, now for some reason as I select a program to uninstall, the uninstall
> button doesn't appear. Please help!!
>
> "Spirit" wrote:
>
>> You have to check the program you want to Uninstall and then the button
>> appears.
>>
>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial141.html
>> How to Uninstall Programs in Vista
>>
>> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f56ca1033.mspx
>>
>> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...069f51033.mspx
>>
>> "HvP" <hvonp@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> > maybe it is just me and I'm blind but I am trying to uninstall a
>> > program
>> > and I just don't see a button to "uninstall, change or repair"
>> >
>> > I have all the programs listed and if can select it but that's about
>> > it.
>> > nothing with double click, right click or enter and no buttons.
>> >
>> > Any help ?
>> >
>> > thanks

Zeroth

Re: uninstall program
Are you using HP? I had an issue back in XP, where HP installed new drivers,
automatically, that removed my ability to uninstall "system critical
programs" like... Dungeon Keeper 2, etc.

"Spirit" wrote:

> Are you logged in as Admin? See the links I posted.
>
> "Sid" <Sid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm facing same problem. I've un-installed programs on vista before.
> >
> > But, now for some reason as I select a program to uninstall, the uninstall
> > button doesn't appear. Please help!!
> >
> > "Spirit" wrote:
> >
> >> You have to check the program you want to Uninstall and then the button
> >> appears.
> >>
> >> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tuto...torial141.html
> >> How to Uninstall Programs in Vista
> >>
> >> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...f56ca1033.mspx
> >>
> >> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...069f51033.mspx

mupet0000

RE: uninstall program
I have vista ultimate with the latest updates, i dont have this problem at
all. What type of vista are you using, branded, OEM?
Paddy

Re: uninstall program
Same problem for me.

When I open the control panel and choose a program, a few days ago I had the
"Uninstall" button.

But, now it no longer shows.

I've selected every program in turn in the list, and every single one does
not show an "Uninstall" or "Change" button.

Something's wrong. Is something preventing uninstalls?
dean-dean

Re: uninstall program
I've had the "Uninstall or Change a Program" Control Panel using the
Contacts folder template (with Import and Export [contacts] in the Toolbar).
This might not correspond to your problem, but I think you are having
template problems, none-the-less. Of course, there is no way to change the
"folder" template for "Uninstall or Change a Program".

To reset the folder type, even pretend ones like "Uninstall or Change a
Program", for a Windows folder (that is, when it's showing inappropriate
tasks in the toolbar), you'll have to do this:

In the Registry Editor, go to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local
Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\BagMRU

Then right-click on the key BagMRU, in the left-hand pane, and choose
delete. Then go to

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\Local
Settings\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell\Bags

Right-click on the key Bags, in the left-hand pane, and choose delete.

Log off and log back on to Windows to re-create the keys (done
automatically), and start anew. This will reset all your folders to the
default templates.

"dean-dean" wrote:
> To reset the folder type, even pretend ones...

Dean-Dean, thank you, that worked.

For others who may read this post, please remember that only some of the
programs will show Uninstall or Change. The best way to uninstall is through
each individual program's uninstall option (if it has one, of course).