Actual RAM usage of applications

Lord Takyon

Actual RAM usage of applications
Just a quickie, in Task Manager I can get a list of all the running
processes, but could someone please tell me which column I need to show to
be able to see how much RAM each app is using?

There are several columns that show memory stuff, but they are all different
values. No idea which one will show just RAM usage.

--
Can't think of a sig at the moment.
Read this instead.

Rick Rogers

Re: Actual RAM usage of applications
Hi LT,

The resource monitor can give you a better picture of memory usage on a per
process basis, but to separate physical from virtual is not really practical
as processes generally use a constantly varying combination of both.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Lord Takyon" <takyon@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Just a quickie, in Task Manager I can get a list of all the running
> processes, but could someone please tell me which column I need to show to
> be able to see how much RAM each app is using?
>
> There are several columns that show memory stuff, but they are all
> different values. No idea which one will show just RAM usage.
>
> --
> Can't think of a sig at the moment.
> Read this instead.

Lord Takyon

> Hi LT,
>
> The resource monitor can give you a better picture of memory usage on a
> per process basis, but to separate physical from virtual is not really
> practical as processes generally use a constantly varying combination of
> both.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Lord Takyon" <takyon@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Just a quickie, in Task Manager I can get a list of all the running
>> processes, but could someone please tell me which column I need to show
>> to be able to see how much RAM each app is using?
>>
>> There are several columns that show memory stuff, but they are all
>> different values. No idea which one will show just RAM usage.
>>
>> --
>> Can't think of a sig at the moment.
>> Read this instead.

Of course it can, what was I thinking. Excuse my brainfart LOL

Thanks for a speedy response.