Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

.Net framework version??

microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2007
LoneStar
 

Posts: n/a
.Net framework version??
How do I check the .net framework version on my Vista Home Premium? I have
an "update," as most of you have, for .net version 3, but I need to know my
current version. If it is version 3, do I really need an update -- I don't
"think" I ever use the .net framework.

Am I clueless, or what!

EW


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2007
Peter
 

Posts: n/a
Re: .Net framework version??

A good free tool to see what's what in your machine is Belarc Advisor
http://belarc.com/

Meanwhile I would take the update as you may not use it but many
applications do.
--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate
"LoneStar" <ewyatt_del_me@excite.com> wrote in message
news:468adfa7$0$97232$892e7fe2@authen.yellow.readf reenews.net...
> How do I check the .net framework version on my Vista Home Premium? I
> have an "update," as most of you have, for .net version 3, but I need to
> know my current version. If it is version 3, do I really need an
> update -- I don't "think" I ever use the .net framework.
>
> Am I clueless, or what!
>
> EW
>
>


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2007
Ken Blake, MVP
 

Posts: n/a
Re: .Net framework version??
On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 18:45:45 -0500, "LoneStar"
<ewyatt_del_me@excite.com> wrote:

> How do I check the .net framework version on my Vista Home Premium? I have
> an "update," as most of you have, for .net version 3, but I need to know my
> current version. If it is version 3, do I really need an update -- I don't
> "think" I ever use the .net framework.



It's not a matter of what version (singular) you have. There are
several versions and later ones do not always substitute for older
ones. For that reason, it's safest to have them all (they take very
little disk space).

These files provide needed run time files for programs written with
..net. If you remember the old vbrun dll files, they did something
similar for programs written with Visual Basic.

They permit you to run some programs that wouldn't be able to run if
they weren't there. You may not need them now if you don't run any
programs that need them, but chances are you'll need them soon, as
more and more programs need them. If I were you I'd just leave all of
them in place

--
Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP Windows - Shell/User
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2007
LoneStar
 

Posts: n/a
Re: .Net framework version??
Thanks Ken (and Peter) for the comments. I'll do as you say and just
install the update. I haven't read of any problems by anyone else after
installation. I appreciate the info.........

EW

"Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@this.is.am.invalid.domain> wrote in message
news:dqul835ku0tub554oik21e4ha7jh9ok2dc@4ax.com...
> On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 18:45:45 -0500, "LoneStar"
> <ewyatt_del_me@excite.com> wrote:
>
>> How do I check the .net framework version on my Vista Home Premium? I
>> have
>> an "update," as most of you have, for .net version 3, but I need to know
>> my
>> current version. If it is version 3, do I really need an update -- I
>> don't
>> "think" I ever use the .net framework.

>
>
> It's not a matter of what version (singular) you have. There are
> several versions and later ones do not always substitute for older
> ones. For that reason, it's safest to have them all (they take very
> little disk space).
>
> These files provide needed run time files for programs written with
> .net. If you remember the old vbrun dll files, they did something
> similar for programs written with Visual Basic.
>
> They permit you to run some programs that wouldn't be able to run if
> they weren't there. You may not need them now if you don't run any
> programs that need them, but chances are you'll need them soon, as
> more and more programs need them. If I were you I'd just leave all of
> them in place
>
> --
> Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP Windows - Shell/User
> Please Reply to the Newsgroup



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 07-04-2007
Ken Blake, MVP
 

Posts: n/a
Re: .Net framework version??
On Wed, 4 Jul 2007 15:51:03 -0500, "LoneStar"
<ewyatt_del_me@excite.com> wrote:

> Thanks Ken (and Peter) for the comments. I'll do as you say and just
> install the update. I haven't read of any problems by anyone else after
> installation. I appreciate the info.........



You're welcome. Glad to help.



> "Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@this.is.am.invalid.domain> wrote in message
> news:dqul835ku0tub554oik21e4ha7jh9ok2dc@4ax.com...
> > On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 18:45:45 -0500, "LoneStar"
> > <ewyatt_del_me@excite.com> wrote:
> >
> >> How do I check the .net framework version on my Vista Home Premium? I
> >> have
> >> an "update," as most of you have, for .net version 3, but I need to know
> >> my
> >> current version. If it is version 3, do I really need an update -- I
> >> don't
> >> "think" I ever use the .net framework.

> >
> >
> > It's not a matter of what version (singular) you have. There are
> > several versions and later ones do not always substitute for older
> > ones. For that reason, it's safest to have them all (they take very
> > little disk space).
> >
> > These files provide needed run time files for programs written with
> > .net. If you remember the old vbrun dll files, they did something
> > similar for programs written with Visual Basic.
> >
> > They permit you to run some programs that wouldn't be able to run if
> > they weren't there. You may not need them now if you don't run any
> > programs that need them, but chances are you'll need them soon, as
> > more and more programs need them. If I were you I'd just leave all of
> > them in place
> >
> > --
> > Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP Windows - Shell/User
> > Please Reply to the Newsgroup

>


--
Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP Windows - Shell/User
Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-05-2007
Peter
 

Posts: n/a
Re: .Net framework version??
Glad to help, good luck.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate
"LoneStar" <ewyatt_del_me@excite.com> wrote in message
news:468c08ac$0$97216$892e7fe2@authen.yellow.readf reenews.net...
> Thanks Ken (and Peter) for the comments. I'll do as you say and just
> install the update. I haven't read of any problems by anyone else after
> installation. I appreciate the info.........
>
> EW
>
> "Ken Blake, MVP" <kblake@this.is.am.invalid.domain> wrote in message
> news:dqul835ku0tub554oik21e4ha7jh9ok2dc@4ax.com...
>> On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 18:45:45 -0500, "LoneStar"
>> <ewyatt_del_me@excite.com> wrote:
>>
>>> How do I check the .net framework version on my Vista Home Premium? I
>>> have
>>> an "update," as most of you have, for .net version 3, but I need to know
>>> my
>>> current version. If it is version 3, do I really need an update -- I
>>> don't
>>> "think" I ever use the .net framework.

>>
>>
>> It's not a matter of what version (singular) you have. There are
>> several versions and later ones do not always substitute for older
>> ones. For that reason, it's safest to have them all (they take very
>> little disk space).
>>
>> These files provide needed run time files for programs written with
>> .net. If you remember the old vbrun dll files, they did something
>> similar for programs written with Visual Basic.
>>
>> They permit you to run some programs that wouldn't be able to run if
>> they weren't there. You may not need them now if you don't run any
>> programs that need them, but chances are you'll need them soon, as
>> more and more programs need them. If I were you I'd just leave all of
>> them in place
>>
>> --
>> Ken Blake, Microsoft MVP Windows - Shell/User
>> Please Reply to the Newsgroup

>
>


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
microsoft.NET framework lorenzo microsoft.public.it.windows.vista 5 06-07-2007 19:29
.NET Framework 1.1.4322 Port Admiral Haynes microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 20 04-09-2007 18:41
.NET Framework version 1.1.43322 newsgroupposter microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 1 04-08-2007 14:29
.net framework 1.1 =?Utf-8?B?bXRnYg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 1 12-16-2006 14:03




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:38.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120