Progress slow on vista upgrade.

Lester Stiefel

Progress slow on vista upgrade.
Received a technewsletter on Vista which definitely
throws a hurle in the path of upgrade. The newsletter stated
that Vista keep records of all sites visited, applications
used, and personal information exchanged (Gulp). That last
one I definitely do not like at all.

Does anyone know why it is a necessary feature for this to
be done?

And, does anyone know how to purge/erase these tracks?

I am a private citizen, and would use Vista business, it is
the version sent to me by Dell (which I think may have been
an error on their part).

--
Lester Stiefel
In Romans 1 there are qualities of Unregenerate man listed
Carey Frisch [MVP]

Re: Progress slow on vista upgrade.
I don't know what information you read,
by your assertions are entirely 100% false!

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

---------------------------------------------------------------------------*-----

"Lester Stiefel" wrote:

Received a technewsletter on Vista which definitely
throws a hurle in the path of upgrade. The newsletter stated
that Vista keep records of all sites visited, applications
used, and personal information exchanged (Gulp). That last
one I definitely do not like at all.

Does anyone know why it is a necessary feature for this to
be done?

And, does anyone know how to purge/erase these tracks?

I am a private citizen, and would use Vista business, it is
the version sent to me by Dell (which I think may have been
an error on their part).

--
Lester Stiefel
In Romans 1 there are qualities of Unregenerate man listed
which describe him in the last days.
Is your quality found on this list??

Rick Rogers

Re: Progress slow on vista upgrade.
Hi Lester,

Sites visited: Yes, through history and caching, this has been present in
all versions of IE since Windows 95.

Applications: Yes, this is what prefetch is about. Vista tracks frequently
used applications and loads these for faster access by the user. Disabling
this feature will simply cause slower performance. What is cached here are
the files used by the application for loading and running, not personal
information used by the application.

Personal Information exchange: Maybe they are referring to information
stored in hibernation or paging files that is not purged immediately
(something that is common to many computer memory management models and is
not exclusive to Windows), but I am not aware of anything in Vista that
actually caches this type of information. There are some programs that cache
this information as well, like IM programs that retain a record of previous
conversations.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/