windows keep changing sizes

Susan

windows keep changing sizes
Hi,
I have had my new laptop with Vista on it about 2 weeks, and when I have a
window open: Word, Netscape, IE, etc, periodically the window will resize
itself --without me doing anything.

Is this a glitch in the program? when it happens, I am either clicking on a
link, scrolling, or moving the cursor. Is this happening to anyone else? Is
there something I can do to fix it?

thanks, susan
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: windows keep changing sizes
Susan

Look in the settings and options for the touchpad on that laptop. It sounds
like a setting that enables resizing if you press a certain part of the
touchpad, like a corner and scroll/click at the same time.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I have had my new laptop with Vista on it about 2 weeks, and when I have a
> window open: Word, Netscape, IE, etc, periodically the window will resize
> itself --without me doing anything.
>
> Is this a glitch in the program? when it happens, I am either clicking on
> link, scrolling, or moving the cursor. Is this happening to anyone else?
> Is
> there something I can do to fix it?
>
> thanks, susan

Susan

Re: windows keep changing sizes
Thanks Ronnie! That was it.. with the new touch pad that scrolls also.. there
are WAY too many 'touch zones'.. Susan

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Susan
>
> Look in the settings and options for the touchpad on that laptop. It sounds
> like a setting that enables resizing if you press a certain part of the
> touchpad, like a corner and scroll/click at the same time.
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I have had my new laptop with Vista on it about 2 weeks, and when I have a
> > window open: Word, Netscape, IE, etc, periodically the window will resize
> > itself --without me doing anything.
> >
> > Is this a glitch in the program? when it happens, I am either clicking on
> > link, scrolling, or moving the cursor. Is this happening to anyone else?
> > Is
> > there something I can do to fix it?
> >
> > thanks, susan

Ronnie Vernon MVP