Java Runtime Environment

Eric Ogawa

Java Runtime Environment
I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit) on my computer. Does anyone know
what is the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) that runs on
that operating system, and how I can download and install it.

Thanks for your help in advance.

--Eric Ogawa

phypps

Java Runtime Environment
JRE 1.6 (32 bit)

Even with a 64 bit system you need the win32 version.
This will then work with 32 bit Internet Explorer.
(64 bit IE won't allow Java, Flash, Norton, and other add ons etc.)

I also have Vista Ultimate x64 and it installs and works fine
(though I did use the manual install)

Phypps

"Eric Ogawa" <eboklr(at)pixi.com> wrote in message
> I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit) on my computer. Does anyone
> know
> what is the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) that runs on
> that operating system, and how I can download and install it.
>
> Thanks for your help in advance.
>
> --Eric Ogawa

Richard G. Harper

Re: Java Runtime Environment
http://java.sun.com/

"Eric Ogawa" <eboklr(at)pixi.com> wrote in message
> I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit) on my computer. Does anyone
> know
> what is the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) that runs on
> that operating system, and how I can download and install it.
>
> Thanks for your help in advance.
>
> --Eric Ogawa

Eric Ogawa

Re: Java Runtime Environment
How can I tell which version, 32 or 64 bit of Internet Explorer 7 came with
my Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit) that was preinstalled on my HP?

--Eric

"phypps" <nobody@nospam.com> wrote in message
newsNmdnRZco6_EUBXbnZ2dnUVZ8vmdnZ2d@bt.com...
> JRE 1.6 (32 bit)
>
> Even with a 64 bit system you need the win32 version.
> This will then work with 32 bit Internet Explorer.
> (64 bit IE won't allow Java, Flash, Norton, and other add ons etc.)
>
> I also have Vista Ultimate x64 and it installs and works fine
> (though I did use the manual install)
>
> Phypps
>

> "Eric Ogawa" <eboklr(at)pixi.com> wrote in message
> > I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit) on my computer. Does anyone
> > know
> > what is the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) that runs

on
> > that operating system, and how I can download and install it.
> >
> > Thanks for your help in advance.
> >
> > --Eric Ogawa

phypps

Java Runtime Environment
Both !

32 bit IE is the default (this one allows add ons such as java)
IE32 should be on your start menu.
IE64 should be near the top of the "program" menu.
(if it isn't root around a bit for it and its shortcut is clearly marked as
64 bit)
IE64 doesn't allow add ons.
I honestly don't know what other differences there are.
IE32 runs in protected mode anyway so I am not sure if IE64 has any obvious
advantages or increased protection.

In fact there are both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of most of the Microsoft
Windows programs.
(I believe that the 32 bit are default but you can run the 64 bit versions
if you wish)

> How can I tell which version, 32 or 64 bit of Internet Explorer 7 came
> with
> my Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit) that was preinstalled on my HP?
>
> --Eric
>
> "phypps" <nobody@nospam.com> wrote in message
> newsNmdnRZco6_EUBXbnZ2dnUVZ8vmdnZ2d@bt.com...
>> JRE 1.6 (32 bit)
>>
>> Even with a 64 bit system you need the win32 version.
>> This will then work with 32 bit Internet Explorer.
>> (64 bit IE won't allow Java, Flash, Norton, and other add ons etc.)
>>
>> I also have Vista Ultimate x64 and it installs and works fine
>> (though I did use the manual install)
>>
>> Phypps
>>

>> "Eric Ogawa" <eboklr(at)pixi.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm running Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit) on my computer. Does anyone
>> > know
>> > what is the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) that runs

> on
>> > that operating system, and how I can download and install it.
>> >
>> > Thanks for your help in advance.
>> >
>> > --Eric Ogawa

Eric Ogawa

Re: Java Runtime Environment
I checked my Internet Explorer 7 and it is the 64 bit version. I checked my
"Start" and "Program" menus and I couldn't find the IE32. To run the IE32,
do I have to uninstall the IE64 and then install the IE32, or can they both
be installed on the computer at the same time? Also, where can I download
IE32?

Thanks for your help.

--Eric Ogawa

> Both !
>
> 32 bit IE is the default (this one allows add ons such as java)
> IE32 should be on your start menu.
> IE64 should be near the top of the "program" menu.
> (if it isn't root around a bit for it and its shortcut is clearly marked

as
> 64 bit)
> IE64 doesn't allow add ons.
> I honestly don't know what other differences there are.
> IE32 runs in protected mode anyway so I am not sure if IE64 has any

obvious
> advantages or increased protection.
>
> In fact there are both 32 bit and 64 bit versions of most of the Microsoft
> Windows programs.
> (I believe that the 32 bit are default but you can run the 64 bit versions
> if you wish)
>
> Phypps
>

> "Eric Ogawa" <eboklr(at)pixi.com> wrote in message
> > How can I tell which version, 32 or 64 bit of Internet Explorer 7 came
> > with
> > my Windows Vista Ultimate (64-bit) that was preinstalled on my HP?
> >
> > --Eric
> >
> > "phypps" <nobody@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > newsNmdnRZco6_EUBXbnZ2dnUVZ8vmdnZ2d@bt.com...
> >> JRE 1.6 (32 bit)
> >>
> >> Even with a 64 bit system you need the win32 version.
> >> This will then work with 32 bit Internet Explorer.
> >> (64 bit IE won't allow Java, Flash, Norton, and other add ons etc.)
> >>
> >> I also have Vista Ultimate x64 and it installs and works fine
> >> (though I did use the manual install)
> >>
> >> Phypps
> >>

> >> "Eric Ogawa" <eboklr(at)pixi.com> wrote in message

anyone

runs
> > on

Eric Ogawa

Re: Java Runtime Environment
Thanks Phypps for your help. I found the IE32 on my computer.

--Eric Ogawa