Quicktime causes blue screen of Death on Vista 64 ultimate

loopback0

Quicktime causes blue screen of Death on Vista 64 ultimate
Quicktime causes blue screen of Death on Vista 64 ultimate, when playing .mov
file.
I did find a KB article, and apparently there is a patch but you have to
phone up for it or wait until the next service pack ?

Why is this happening ?
Why can I just not download the patch ?
Why do I have to wait for the service pack and when will it be ?

Richard Urban

Re: Quicktime causes blue screen of Death on Vista 64 ultimate
A patch that is not thoroughly tested, or affects only a small minority of
users, is likely held for a service pack. If you want it earlier you have to
call and explain your need.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

"loopback0" <loopback0@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Quicktime causes blue screen of Death on Vista 64 ultimate, when playing
> .mov
> file.
> I did find a KB article, and apparently there is a patch but you have to
> phone up for it or wait until the next service pack ?
>
> Why is this happening ?
> Why can I just not download the patch ?
> Why do I have to wait for the service pack and when will it be ?

loopback0

Re: Quicktime causes blue screen of Death on Vista 64 ultimate
Hello Richard,

Thanks for your reply. However I had gathered that but the reasons for my
questions are that it is just not acceptable. When an OS that has taken so
long to hit the shelves can not work with a commonly needed application is
beyond belief.

I think this affects quite a large amount of users as Internet searches have
revealed, and if the patch is not 100% than why not.

Perhaps another reason to get a MAC, at least then I could watch .mov files.

So Microsoft, sort this out with Apple if needed. But release the patch for
32 and 64 bit and make it available as an update in the meantime.

Vista became so unstable and slow, I have just had to do a clean install as
a last resort.

My need is not to call Microsoft to explain I need something to work, but a
stable OS that works properly with properly released patches when the need
arises.