Ultimate vs. Nero: Don't initialize!

beto666

Ultimate vs. Nero: Don't initialize!

After installing NERO 7.9.6.0 (at least that's when I think it all
started) into my Vista Ultimate in my laptop (Toshiba Satellite A200),
every time I power on, Vista stops in the "Welcome" screen and doesn't
go further. I have to power off and start all over again. Sometimes on
the second try things are OK, other times I have to boot at least 3 or 4
times until the system engages. Any tips of what can be wrong? Any
related issues? I have already run reg scans, deleted temp files, etc.
Will I have to clean install it again?

Thanx in advance!

--
beto666
Spirit

Re: Ultimate vs. Nero: Don't initialize!
How about uninstalling it? Maybe check for newer version after that.

"beto666" <beto666.2t2134@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> After installing NERO 7.9.6.0 (at least that's when I think it all
> started) into my Vista Ultimate in my laptop (Toshiba Satellite A200),
> every time I power on, Vista stops in the "Welcome" screen and doesn't
> go further. I have to power off and start all over again. Sometimes on
> the second try things are OK, other times I have to boot at least 3 or 4
> times until the system engages. Any tips of what can be wrong? Any
> related issues? I have already run reg scans, deleted temp files, etc.
> Will I have to clean install it again?
>
> Thanx in advance!
>

> --
> beto666

beto666

Re: Ultimate vs. Nero: Don't initialize!

Thanx Spirit, but THIS is the newer version. Anyway, I'm beginning to
set it all up from the start. Out of patience for a while. If I had
found all the necessary drivers (even looked for them at Toshiba), I
would move back to XP. Vista is much bloodier than we think!

--
beto666
Spirit

Re: Ultimate vs. Nero: Don't initialize!
Well it sounds like Nero is the cause of your problems,,,,,,,,, there have
been a lot of Nero issues in the various Vista newsgroups. This is a
P205 Toshiba lappie however I have avoided using Nero due to the
issues raised in the NG's.

"beto666" <beto666.2t2bi5@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Thanx Spirit, but THIS is the newer version. Anyway, I'm beginning to
> set it all up from the start. Out of patience for a while. If I had
> found all the necessary drivers (even looked for them at Toshiba), I
> would move back to XP. Vista is much bloodier than we think!
>

> --
> beto666

Spirit

Re: Ultimate vs. Nero: Don't initialize!
I wonder IF you have a disc in the drive and that is causing your problem?

"beto666" <beto666.2t2134@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> After installing NERO 7.9.6.0 (at least that's when I think it all
> started) into my Vista Ultimate in my laptop (Toshiba Satellite A200),
> every time I power on, Vista stops in the "Welcome" screen and doesn't
> go further. I have to power off and start all over again. Sometimes on
> the second try things are OK, other times I have to boot at least 3 or 4
> times until the system engages. Any tips of what can be wrong? Any
> related issues? I have already run reg scans, deleted temp files, etc.
> Will I have to clean install it again?
>
> Thanx in advance!
>

> --
> beto666

beto666

Re: Ultimate vs. Nero: Don't initialize!

Spirit, what do you mean by "a disc in the drive"? BTW, my lappie is an
A200 TR4 Canadian edition. I did it all over again, and before trying
Nero for a second time, I will create a restore point, just in case.
Until then, I'm installing all the necessary stuff all over again. Lots
of fun!

--
beto666
Spirit

Re: Ultimate vs. Nero: Don't initialize!
I meant do you have a disc in your DVD/CD drive? Or a USB memory stick
installed?

"beto666" <beto666.2t3d0h@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> Spirit, what do you mean by "a disc in the drive"? BTW, my lappie is an
> A200 TR4 Canadian edition. I did it all over again, and before trying
> Nero for a second time, I will create a restore point, just in case.
> Until then, I'm installing all the necessary stuff all over again. Lots
> of fun!
>

> --
> beto666

Lester Stiefel

beto666 wrote:
> Spirit, what do you mean by "a disc in the drive"? BTW, my lappie is an
> A200 TR4 Canadian edition. I did it all over again, and before trying
> Nero for a second time, I will create a restore point, just in case.
> Until then, I'm installing all the necessary stuff all over again. Lots
> of fun!

I second this. I have found that this does cause hang at
startup screens ( either preload-black, or welcome).
Remember to at least have the CD/DVD drives unloaded.
In Vista, the IMAPI integrated engine, can interfere with
Nero, causing it to crash. Usually most common in the InCD
(custom install), VSCS (shadow-copy) and explorer. Also
happen with Nerocheck (for basic engine start).
In XP the telltale of InCD comes at shutdown after
packet-writer operation. Will usually yield a "Windows
explorer has committed an illegal operation and needs to
close". Click ok then let explorer restart, wait a few
seconds, then do a normal shutdown.
I have documented this to Nero, and am hoping this is being
worked on. Nero is normally an outstanding application suite.

--
Lester Stiefel
In Romans 1 there are qualities of Unregenerate man listed
beto666

Re: Ultimate vs. Nero: Don't initialize!

I agree with you Lester about the outstanding performance and features
Nero brings, although they are trying to go further, and offer much more
than simply recording features. This is making things hard a bit. And
Spirit, my CD-DVD drive is internal, no USB stick, although I'm thinking
about buying some SD card to make it readyboost the system. I have a
Dane-Elec pen 1GB which I use now and then to store things up and bring
them about when I need. Lester, I always install Nero without InCD,
Mobile, Home, Backup stuff, Nero rights, and a couple of other features
I now do not recollect. Only the stuff I use to record, edit, and recode
audio end video files. Ah, and Nero Vision, as well. And sorry for my
supidity, but, waht do you mean by "unload my CD-DVD drive" if it's part
of everything else? For Nero, you mean? Thank you for your time guys.

--
beto666
Spirit

Re: Ultimate vs. Nero: Don't initialize!
Quit being a dumb bunny,,,,,,, if there is a DISC in your CD/DVD drive
take the DISC out!