Help and Support Images Not Loading

Legend One

Help and Support Images Not Loading
Not sure why. I did that registry fix that someone helped me with here, but
the images, pics do not load in the help and support app. They are red x'd,
like a web page. I AM online.

Thank you.
dean-dean

Re: Help and Support Images Not Loading
In the Registry Editor, select this key:

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.png

In the right pane, the Value Name "Content Type" (no quotes) should have
Value Data "image/png" (no quotes).

If you don't see "Content Type", or it's data is missing or incorrect, and
you don't wish to modify it directly, a .reg file to do this can be found
here:

http://winvista.mvps.org/Ficheros/PNG.reg

"Legend One" <LegendOne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Not sure why. I did that registry fix that someone helped me with here,
> but
> the images, pics do not load in the help and support app. They are red
> x'd,
> like a web page. I AM online.
>
> Thank you.

Burnardo

Re: Help and Support Images Not Loading
After using the registry-fix to solve the first problem on "Help and
Support", I encountered the same problem.
However the registray adjustment for the pictures (PNG) did not solve this
display problem.

Furthermore there is also a display problem on the fonts. Most probably the
correct CSS cannot be found as well. (if "Help and Support" uses a CSS-file
to display the correct fonts)
So in my case not only the pictures do not load but the fonts also display
only in a default value, making the help and support a lot less more
interesting.

The first "fix" was about adjusting the correct link tot XML files. Do I now
need another adjustment to link to the correct CSS files?

Anybody?

--
Nothing is what it seems, but then again that is also true for this
observation.

"dean-dean" wrote:

> In the Registry Editor, select this key:
>
> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.png
>
> In the right pane, the Value Name "Content Type" (no quotes) should have
> Value Data "image/png" (no quotes).
>
> If you don't see "Content Type", or it's data is missing or incorrect, and
> you don't wish to modify it directly, a .reg file to do this can be found
> here:
>
> http://winvista.mvps.org/Ficheros/PNG.reg
>
> "Legend One" <LegendOne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Not sure why. I did that registry fix that someone helped me with here,
> > but
> > the images, pics do not load in the help and support app. They are red
> > x'd,
> > like a web page. I AM online.
> >
> > Thank you.

dean-dean

Re: Help and Support Images Not Loading
You could try this (helpcontentfix_vista.reg); the .reg file fixes the
Content Type values for XML/XSL/PNG/JPG/CSS files.

Pages in Windows Vista Help and Support are not displayed correctly, by
Ramesh Srinivasan:
http://www.winhelponline.com/articles/194/1/

"Burnardo" <Burnardo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> After using the registry-fix to solve the first problem on "Help and
> Support", I encountered the same problem.
> However the registray adjustment for the pictures (PNG) did not solve this
> display problem.
>
> Furthermore there is also a display problem on the fonts. Most probably
> the
> correct CSS cannot be found as well. (if "Help and Support" uses a
> CSS-file
> to display the correct fonts)
> So in my case not only the pictures do not load but the fonts also display
> only in a default value, making the help and support a lot less more
> interesting.
>
> The first "fix" was about adjusting the correct link tot XML files. Do I
> now
> need another adjustment to link to the correct CSS files?
>
> Anybody?
>

> --
> Nothing is what it seems, but then again that is also true for this
> observation.
>

> "dean-dean" wrote:
>
>> In the Registry Editor, select this key:
>>
>> HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.png
>>
>> In the right pane, the Value Name "Content Type" (no quotes) should have
>> Value Data "image/png" (no quotes).
>>
>> If you don't see "Content Type", or it's data is missing or incorrect,
>> and
>> you don't wish to modify it directly, a .reg file to do this can be found
>> here:
>>
>> http://winvista.mvps.org/Ficheros/PNG.reg
>>
>> "Legend One" <LegendOne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Not sure why. I did that registry fix that someone helped me with here,
>> > but
>> > the images, pics do not load in the help and support app. They are red
>> > x'd,
>> > like a web page. I AM online.
>> >
>> > Thank you.

Burnardo

Re: Help and Support Images Not Loading
Yes, This download did it for me....
Apparently the earlier used fix, never applied all corrections needed after
installing Adobe CS3. (That was the bad program that broke the links to the
correct files)

So, thanks for your advice and leave this posting for anuone else who needs
this....

Regards, Burnardo