BSOD 98%

Darren

BSOD 98%
I'm finding with my OS (Windows Vista) that when i have i programe running
for Exp: Windows Movie Maker And i ajust my volume that i always get the BSOD
(Blue Screen Of Death) Striaght after. I am wondering if Microsoft is aware
of this problem and is working on a fix.
Rick Rogers

Re: BSOD 98%
Hi Darren,

What is the error code and is there a module involved? Have you updated or
reinstalled sound card drivers? If you go to the control panel and open the
problem reports and solutions, you should be able to locate this error and
check to see if there is any resolution.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Darren" <Darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm finding with my OS (Windows Vista) that when i have i programe running
> for Exp: Windows Movie Maker And i ajust my volume that i always get the
> BSOD
> (Blue Screen Of Death) Striaght after. I am wondering if Microsoft is
> aware
> of this problem and is working on a fix.

Darren

Re: BSOD 98%
BCCode: 50
BCP1: 9A0BA038
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: 86533933
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
Server information: c2ccd4cf-0f8e-4e93-b6fa-01e90270b006

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Darren,
>
> What is the error code and is there a module involved? Have you updated or
> reinstalled sound card drivers? If you go to the control panel and open the
> problem reports and solutions, you should be able to locate this error and
> check to see if there is any resolution.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Darren" <Darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm finding with my OS (Windows Vista) that when i have i programe running
> > for Exp: Windows Movie Maker And i ajust my volume that i always get the
> > BSOD
> > (Blue Screen Of Death) Striaght after. I am wondering if Microsoft is
> > aware
> > of this problem and is working on a fix.

Cal Bear '66

Re: BSOD 98%
Control Panel > Problem Reports and Solutions, click Check for new solutions,
click View problem history, right click problem and select View problem history,
click Copy to clipboard link in the lower left corner (Bucket ID is very
important), past in a reply to this thread.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

> BCCode: 50
> BCP1: 9A0BA038
> BCP2: 00000000
> BCP3: 86533933
> BCP4: 00000000
> OS Version: 6_0_6000
> Service Pack: 0_0
> Product: 768_1
> Server information: c2ccd4cf-0f8e-4e93-b6fa-01e90270b006
>

> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi Darren,
>>
>> What is the error code and is there a module involved? Have you updated or
>> reinstalled sound card drivers? If you go to the control panel and open the
>> problem reports and solutions, you should be able to locate this error and
>> check to see if there is any resolution.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Darren" <Darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm finding with my OS (Windows Vista) that when i have i programe running
>> > for Exp: Windows Movie Maker And i ajust my volume that i always get the
>> > BSOD
>> > (Blue Screen Of Death) Striaght after. I am wondering if Microsoft is
>> > aware
>> > of this problem and is working on a fix.

gizbug

Re: BSOD 98%

Product
Windows

Problem
Shut down unexpectedly

Date
6/28/2007 8:17 PM

Status
Report Sent

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be
available)
Mini062807-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: a
BCP1: 0000000F
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000001
BCP4: 8186E8ED
OS Version: 6_0_6000
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
Server information: 058d2e1b-5456-406b-9801-79a3b33c4175

Thats the BSOD IRQL stop error I get daily.

--
gizbug
Darren

Re: BSOD 98%
Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081

Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be available)
Mini062907-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

View a temporary copy of these files
Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a
copy of the files could harm your computer.

"gizbug" wrote:

> Product
> Windows
>
> Problem
> Shut down unexpectedly
>
> Date
> 6/28/2007 8:17 PM
>
> Status
> Report Sent
>
> Problem signature
> Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
> OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
> Locale ID: 1033
>
> Files that help describe the problem (some files may no longer be
> available)
> Mini062807-01.dmp
> sysdata.xml
> Version.txt
>
> Extra information about the problem
> BCCode: a
> BCP1: 0000000F
> BCP2: 00000002
> BCP3: 00000001
> BCP4: 8186E8ED
> OS Version: 6_0_6000
> Service Pack: 0_0
> Product: 768_1
> Server information: 058d2e1b-5456-406b-9801-79a3b33c4175
>
> Thats the BSOD IRQL stop error I get daily.
>

> --
> gizbug

Fat Bastard

Re: BSOD 98%
If you have a place to upload the mini.dmp to, I can debug it.

"Darren" <Darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm finding with my OS (Windows Vista) that when i have i programe running
> for Exp: Windows Movie Maker And i ajust my volume that i always get the
> BSOD
> (Blue Screen Of Death) Striaght after. I am wondering if Microsoft is
> aware
> of this problem and is working on a fix.

gizbug

Re: BSOD 98%

http://www.sammyhagar.net/media/Mini070207_01.dmp
let me know

bodean@gmail.com

Fat *******;365113 Wrote:
> If you have a place to upload the mini.dmp to, I can debug it.
>

> "Darren" <Darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm finding with my OS (Windows Vista) that when i have i programe

> running
> > for Exp: Windows Movie Maker And i ajust my volume that i always get

> the
> > BSOD
> > (Blue Screen Of Death) Striaght after. I am wondering if Microsoft

> is
> > aware
> > of this problem and is working on a fix.

--
gizbug
Fat Bastard

Re: BSOD 98%
Unfortunately, the dump is not showing an obvious culprit. The bugcheck is
being caused by memory corruption, but it is a new thread and has no parent
information in it. However, it is definitely being created by a driver.
Problem is, I can't tell what driver it is without a kernel dump to get a
stackback trace. Since the issue usually happens when working with your
volume control, it is most likely your sound driver, which we suspected
anyway. I would try updating your sound card driver and see what happens.

"gizbug" <gizbug.2t4201@no-mx.forums.net> wrote in message

> http://www.sammyhagar.net/media/Mini070207_01.dmp
> let me know
>
> bodean@gmail.com
>

> Fat *******;365113 Wrote:
>> If you have a place to upload the mini.dmp to, I can debug it.
>>

>> "Darren" <Darren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm finding with my OS (Windows Vista) that when i have i programe

>> running
>> > for Exp: Windows Movie Maker And i ajust my volume that i always get

>> the
>> > BSOD
>> > (Blue Screen Of Death) Striaght after. I am wondering if Microsoft

>> is
>> > aware
>> > of this problem and is working on a fix.

> --
> gizbug

gizbug

Re: BSOD 98%

I haven't been home for 2 days, and today (the day I came home) it looks
like the BSOD happened. Happened prior to arriving home.
I took my XFI out of the system last week and have been using the
Realtek Audio97 drivers for vista. No sound has been used/touched in 2
days I was gone on the system. How do I get you the kernal file?

--
gizbug