Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Start Menu unresponsive

microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-28-2007
Idaho
 

Posts: n/a
Start Menu unresponsive
just bought a new laptop with windows vista pre-installed. start menu
freezes up sometimes. any suggestions?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2007
Rick Rogers
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Start Menu unresponsive
Hi,

Have you installed anything since purchasing the system? Especially
antivirus software, video driver updates, or other security programs. Or was
it like this out of the box?

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

"Idaho" <Idaho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:FEDBC675-FD42-4CD9-9B44-D5E92B863F19@microsoft.com...
> just bought a new laptop with windows vista pre-installed. start menu
> freezes up sometimes. any suggestions?


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2007
Idaho
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Start Menu unresponsive
was like that out of the box, I played around with customizing the start menu
and the problem seems to have resolved itself. not sure why. thanks

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Have you installed anything since purchasing the system? Especially
> antivirus software, video driver updates, or other security programs. Or was
> it like this out of the box?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,
>
> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
>
> "Idaho" <Idaho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:FEDBC675-FD42-4CD9-9B44-D5E92B863F19@microsoft.com...
> > just bought a new laptop with windows vista pre-installed. start menu
> > freezes up sometimes. any suggestions?

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-29-2007
Rock
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Start Menu unresponsive
"Idaho" <Idaho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> was like that out of the box, I played around with customizing the start
> menu
> and the problem seems to have resolved itself. not sure why. thanks
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Have you installed anything since purchasing the system? Especially
>> antivirus software, video driver updates, or other security programs. Or
>> was
>> it like this out of the box?


>> "Idaho" <Idaho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:FEDBC675-FD42-4CD9-9B44-D5E92B863F19@microsoft.com...
>> > just bought a new laptop with windows vista pre-installed. start menu
>> > freezes up sometimes. any suggestions?


If it's giving problems right out of the box contact the computer tech
support to fix it. A new system shouldn't be doing that.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vista Start Menu Issues/Pin to Menu Matt Zee microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 10 07-10-2007 11:04
Unresponsive Start Menu Links Kathleen microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 0 06-24-2007 03:48
Start Menu Unresponsive CommanderJim microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 06-16-2007 11:13
Default Start Menu option missing from Taskbar & Start Menu properties screen lmoiola@gmail.com microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 6 03-03-2007 05:37
TRANSPARENT GLASS MENU IN CLASSIC WINDOWS START MENU Distorted Vision microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 3 03-01-2007 09:00




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:52.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120