Windows Explorer Sucks

SapperPest19

Windows Explorer Sucks
Ok...I have vista home premium and don't really care for it.
Especially windows explorer. I'm not a novice so I don't need explorer
to change the columns depending on the content of the folder. I tried
the "apply to folders" option but that doesn't apply the settings to
all the folders. I also want a delete button on the toolbar and cannot
figure out how to add it. Is there any place to actually "fix" these
problems? Or maybe resort to the XP style explorer?
Lord Takyon

Re: Windows Explorer Sucks
"SapperPest19" <bob@laptop2.com> wrote in message
> Ok...I have vista home premium and don't really care for it.
> Especially windows explorer. I'm not a novice so I don't need explorer
> to change the columns depending on the content of the folder. I tried
> the "apply to folders" option but that doesn't apply the settings to
> all the folders. I also want a delete button on the toolbar and cannot
> figure out how to add it. Is there any place to actually "fix" these
> problems? Or maybe resort to the XP style explorer?

Gotta say I would also be happy if I could tell Vista how I want the files
to be displayed, and it could manage to remember it!!!!

It is very irritating how it keeps switching views, it often gets it right,
but often quite wrong too.

--
Can't think of a sig at the moment.
Read this instead.

Mark Veldhuis

Re: Windows Explorer Sucks
In article <O5LjA6ZuHHA.4440@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>,
takyon@blueyonder.co.uk says...
> Gotta say I would also be happy if I could tell Vista how I want the files
> to be displayed, and it could manage to remember it!!!!

For Vista to remember your folder views, try this:
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70...r-folder-view-
settings.html?ltr=W_'

It worked for me.
--

Met vriendelijke groet,
Mark Veldhuis.
Mac

Re: Windows Explorer Sucks

"Mark Veldhuis" <me@privacy.invalid> wrote in message
news:MPG.20ee0ac6a4ee2f9e9896a8@msnews.microsoft.c om...
> In article <O5LjA6ZuHHA.4440@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>,
> takyon@blueyonder.co.uk says...
>> Gotta say I would also be happy if I could tell Vista how I want the
>> files
>> to be displayed, and it could manage to remember it!!!!

> For Vista to remember your folder views, try this:
> http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70...r-folder-view-
> settings.html?ltr=W_'
>
> It worked for me.
> --
>

> Met vriendelijke groet,
> Mark Veldhuis.

SapperPest19

Re: Windows Explorer Sucks
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 19:13:58 +0200, Mark Veldhuis <me@privacy.invalid>
wrote:

>In article <O5LjA6ZuHHA.4440@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>,
>takyon@blueyonder.co.uk says...
>> Gotta say I would also be happy if I could tell Vista how I want the files
>> to be displayed, and it could manage to remember it!!!!

>For Vista to remember your folder views, try this:
>http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70...r-folder-view-
>settings.html?ltr=W_'
>
>It worked for me.

I was all excited until I read "When done resetting, you will need to
reapply your settings for each window type. (EX: Contacts, Music,
Images, program files, etc)." I might have to resort to trying this
because I can't seem to find a fix for windows explorer. This fix is
for windows explorer with music files in this particular folder, for
windows explorer with image files in this particular folder, etc.
Spirit

Re: Windows Explorer Sucks
http://www.v-com.com/product/PowerDesk_Pro_Home.html

Best explorer replacement on the planet! Google and you can find it
fo 9.95..... there is a Free version that is pretty good to available.

http://www.v-com.com/product/PowerDesk_free.html
Free Version

> On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 19:13:58 +0200, Mark Veldhuis <me@privacy.invalid>
> wrote:
>
>>In article <O5LjA6ZuHHA.4440@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl>,
>>takyon@blueyonder.co.uk says...
>>> Gotta say I would also be happy if I could tell Vista how I want the
>>> files
>>> to be displayed, and it could manage to remember it!!!!

>>For Vista to remember your folder views, try this:
>>http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/70...r-folder-view-
>>settings.html?ltr=W_'
>>
>>It worked for me.

> I was all excited until I read "When done resetting, you will need to
> reapply your settings for each window type. (EX: Contacts, Music,
> Images, program files, etc)." I might have to resort to trying this
> because I can't seem to find a fix for windows explorer. This fix is
> for windows explorer with music files in this particular folder, for
> windows explorer with image files in this particular folder, etc.

Donald Lessau

Re: Windows Explorer Sucks

"SapperPest19" <bob@laptop2.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> Ok...I have vista home premium and don't really care for it.
> Especially windows explorer. I'm not a novice so I don't need explorer
> to change the columns depending on the content of the folder. I tried
> the "apply to folders" option but that doesn't apply the settings to
> all the folders. I also want a delete button on the toolbar and cannot
> figure out how to add it. Is there any place to actually "fix" these
> problems? Or maybe resort to the XP style explorer?

Check out XYplorer (Explorer replacement for XP/Vista). It's not free but
it's worth every cent (you can test it free for 30 days, though). It gets
you back to productive work -- despite of Vista

http://www.xyplorer.com/

Don