timedate.cpl appears when atempting to ajust time.

KitKat

timedate.cpl appears when atempting to ajust time.
*This started a while back i cannot change the time of my system at all.

*Clicking once on the clock brings ud the multch clock desplay and "Change
Date and time settings..." When clicking "Change date time settings..." a
text document named timedate.cpl opens with code and garble in it.

*Right clicking over the clock (in the taskbar) brings up small menu (the
menu u always get when right clicking over somthing) and in this menu there
is an option named "Ajust Date/Time" that also launces time.cpl

*Clicking Date and time from the control pannel menu does still launch date
and time.

How would i go about fixing the others? Anyone have the same problem? Thanx

KitKat

RE: timedate.cpl appears when atempting to ajust time.
Anyone? I know somone else must know why this is happening plz check it out
or give somone a heads up that might know,

kitkat ~ thanx!
chrisw

"KitKat" <KitKat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> *This started a while back i cannot change the time of my system at all.
>
> *Clicking once on the clock brings ud the multch clock desplay and "Change
> Date and time settings..." When clicking "Change date time settings..." a
> text document named timedate.cpl opens with code and garble in it.
>
> *Right clicking over the clock (in the taskbar) brings up small menu (the
> menu u always get when right clicking over somthing) and in this menu
> there
> is an option named "Ajust Date/Time" that also launces time.cpl
>
> *Clicking Date and time from the control pannel menu does still launch
> date
> and time.
>
> How would i go about fixing the others? Anyone have the same problem?
> Thanx

I'm running Vista Ultimate and I have never seen this behavior! Have you run
a virus check on your system? Did this behavior occur after a recent install
of a new program? Have you tried doing a system restore to an earlier time?
How long is "awhile back"?

Chris

KitKat

Re: timedate.cpl appears when atempting to ajust time.
i have no idea ive never had to change the date and time, i have 3 clocks
enabled on the time panel but i changed those threw the control pannel (cause
thats the way i usually do it) but now i saw there was a link in the time
window with (single mouseclick brings up time pannel) so i clicked it and a
text document opend timedate.cpl

Will a System Repair fix this off the instalation cd, i dont want to restore
cause i dont know how far gback that is ext. thanx if not what other ways can
i fix it thanx alot for reading

kitkat