when deleting xp in dual boot with vista first.

waher

when deleting xp in dual boot with vista first.
so, having recieved no further reply to my previous post, i take it that no
one knows anyone who has sucessfully achieved this without reinstalling
vista? thanks to miscrosoft for no real help, even telling me it's
impossible. jude

i heard his refrain when the signal changed he was playing real good, for
free. Joni M.

http://www.geocities.com/waher/

AJR

Re: when deleting xp in dual boot with vista first.
Have you been checking for repies to your original post? Follofwing his a
reply I made originally;

"Actually it is easier to set up a XP/Vista dual boot than to remove XP
afterwards. Assuming (I know - lousy word!) XP on C and Vista on D - Vista
installs files - in particuler a hidden folder titled "Boot", which
contains DCDStore data, on C, which if deleted as in deleting the XP Windows
folder will prevent Vista from booting. Also in a dual boot setup, or
"remainder" of such, Vista looks for boot.ini.

safety measure Boot.ini, Boot.bak and Bootsect.bak. Shrink C and add
unallocated space to D.
2. Use BCDEdit (As a command line tool) or a third party program such as
VistaPro to modify Vista to boot directly from D.
3. Reformat and reinstall Vista

Above all - BACKUP!!!!!"

"waher" <waher@optonline.net> wrote in message
> so, having recieved no further reply to my previous post, i take it that
> no one knows anyone who has sucessfully achieved this without reinstalling
> vista? thanks to miscrosoft for no real help, even telling me it's
> impossible. jude
>

> i heard his refrain when the signal changed he was playing real good, for
> free. Joni M.
>
> http://www.geocities.com/waher/

Rock

Re: when deleting xp in dual boot with vista first.
"waher" <waher@optonline.net> wrote
> so, having recieved no further reply to my previous post, i take it that
> no one knows anyone who has sucessfully achieved this without reinstalling
> vista? thanks to miscrosoft for no real help, even telling me it's
> impossible. jude

You did receive replies. Btw, this is a user group, not formal MS tech
support.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Victek

Re: when deleting xp in dual boot with vista first.

"waher" <waher@optonline.net> wrote in message
> so, having recieved no further reply to my previous post, i take it that
> no one knows anyone who has sucessfully achieved this without reinstalling
> vista? thanks to miscrosoft for no real help, even telling me it's
> impossible. jude
>

> i heard his refrain when the signal changed he was playing real good, for
> free. Joni M.
>
> http://www.geocities.com/waher/

I am currently dual-booting XP and Vista. What I've read is you can delete
XP, move/resize the Vista partition to reclaim the space and then boot with
the Vista DVD and do a repair/install. Sounds good, doesn't it? I haven't
tried it though and cannot verify that it works. Perhaps someone here has
tried this and can comment?

waher

Re: when deleting xp in dual boot with vista first.
i finially had to reinstall due to failure of system restore. have a clean
install on a single boot. took 5 hours to reinstall all programs. went
without problems. hoping it holds. so, i havn't tried solution either.
have xp on seperate hard disc, unconnected, just in case.
thanks to
all, jude
"Victek" <Victek@xyz.com> wrote in message

> "waher" <waher@optonline.net> wrote in message
>> so, having recieved no further reply to my previous post, i take it that
>> no one knows anyone who has sucessfully achieved this without
>> reinstalling vista? thanks to miscrosoft for no real help, even telling
>> me it's impossible. jude
>>

>> i heard his refrain when the signal changed he was playing real good, for
>> free. Joni M.
>>
>> http://www.geocities.com/waher/

> I am currently dual-booting XP and Vista. What I've read is you can
> delete XP, move/resize the Vista partition to reclaim the space and then
> boot with the Vista DVD and do a repair/install. Sounds good, doesn't it?
> I haven't tried it though and cannot verify that it works. Perhaps
> someone here has tried this and can comment?

Elden Fenison

Re: when deleting xp in dual boot with vista first.
On Thu, 28 Jun 2007 15:17:24 -0400, "waher" <waher@optonline.net>
wrote:
>i finially had to reinstall due to failure of system restore. have a clean
>install on a single boot. took 5 hours to reinstall all programs. went
>without problems. hoping it holds.

Curious... why would it not "hold"?

--
-=Elden=-