Unable to detect PC Backup DVD

jchen

Unable to detect PC Backup DVD
Hello guys,
I am using Vista Ultimate. I when I use entire PC restore, it detects
backups in my HDD (D, and I can resotre from it. But it doesn't detects any
of my backup DVDs, one 03-11 DVD and two 05-28 DVDs. What should I do? I want
to recover from backup 05-28 and I didn't do that on my HDD. I am pretty
screwed right now.

Please help, thank you guys.
Cal Bear '66

Re: Unable to detect PC Backup DVD
I believe (haven't tried it myself, though), that you have to insert the LAST
disk of the backup set FIRST. Have you tried this?

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"jchen" <jchen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello guys,
> I am using Vista Ultimate. I when I use entire PC restore, it detects
> backups in my HDD (D, and I can resotre from it. But it doesn't detects any
> of my backup DVDs, one 03-11 DVD and two 05-28 DVDs. What should I do? I want
> to recover from backup 05-28 and I didn't do that on my HDD. I am pretty
> screwed right now.
>
> Please help, thank you guys.

jchen

Re: Unable to detect PC Backup DVD
Yeah, I tried that already.
I tried single disc 03-11 backup.
Disc1 05-28 Backup and Disc2 05-28 Backup.
Any other ideas?
Thank you.

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> I believe (haven't tried it myself, though), that you have to insert the LAST
> disk of the backup set FIRST. Have you tried this?
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "jchen" <jchen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello guys,
> > I am using Vista Ultimate. I when I use entire PC restore, it detects
> > backups in my HDD (D, and I can resotre from it. But it doesn't detects any
> > of my backup DVDs, one 03-11 DVD and two 05-28 DVDs. What should I do? I want
> > to recover from backup 05-28 and I didn't do that on my HDD. I am pretty
> > screwed right now.
> >
> > Please help, thank you guys.

JoRene Anderson

Re: Unable to detect PC Backup DVD
I think the same general problem exists in Windows One Care...the backup
module doesn't want to recognize its own backup disk that it made and then
even verified. I can't tell you what to do, but if MS can't find a fix for
this, they will have lots of unhappy customers. Can you send a support
request to Microsoft? Maybe they can help you.
I've sent a request for One Care due to the same problem. They started by
asking me to boot with almost all the startup programs stopped. I doubt
this will help, but I haven't had time to try it yet.

"jchen" <jchen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello guys,
> I am using Vista Ultimate. I when I use entire PC restore, it detects
> backups in my HDD (D, and I can resotre from it. But it doesn't detects
> any
> of my backup DVDs, one 03-11 DVD and two 05-28 DVDs. What should I do? I
> want
> to recover from backup 05-28 and I didn't do that on my HDD. I am pretty
> screwed right now.
>
> Please help, thank you guys.

jchen

Re: Unable to detect PC Backup DVD
Hello, thank you for the reply.
I doubt that will do anything. I am booting directly from Windows Vista
Installation CD. You can think it as the HDD is empty. Although, it may work
since it scaned for Windows drive at begining. It kinda sucks that the backup
feature is not what I have in mind. I just want to boot with bakcup DVD and
recover. I really don't care anything else.