windows vista is running really slow

kalembutte

windows vista is running really slow
my computer is a GT5408 gateway windows vista and started running really slow
out of nowhere i just want to know how to fix it because its getting
irritating
vistageek

RE: windows vista is running really slow
can you tell me your configuration please? also what is the Performance score
of your PC? it can be found out in the performace information and tools in
the control panel.
Have you been experiencing slow speeds since you installed vista or is it
just their recent problem?

"kalembutte" wrote:

> my computer is a GT5408 gateway windows vista and started running really slow
> out of nowhere i just want to know how to fix it because its getting
> irritating

kalembutte

RE: windows vista is running really slow
i dont really know my configuration but this is what i found
my performance score is 3.0 and i have a
windows vista home permium
intel core 2 duo processor 4300 @ 1.80GHz
(RAM)1014MB
32-bit operating system
sorry i dont really dont know that much about computers

"vistageek" wrote:

> can you tell me your configuration please? also what is the Performance score
> of your PC? it can be found out in the performace information and tools in
> the control panel.
> Have you been experiencing slow speeds since you installed vista or is it
> just their recent problem?
>
> "kalembutte" wrote:
>
> > my computer is a GT5408 gateway windows vista and started running really slow
> > out of nowhere i just want to know how to fix it because its getting
> > irritating

mikeyhsd

Re: windows vista is running really slow
open the Task Manager and take a look at what is using the most CPU.

mikeyhsd@comcast.net

"kalembutte" <kalembutte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4AFC42F6-F67B-4C39-A1CA-4294D5EFFF47@microsoft.com...
my computer is a GT5408 gateway windows vista and started running really slow
out of nowhere i just want to know how to fix it because its getting
irritating
anandk

Re: windows vista is running really slow
ul have top check up for malware infections first. so run ur av and anti-spy
first. if that doesnt work try these :

1. Restrict the no. of start-ups. Why have programs starting up when you
dont really use them. Even those you use can always be started manually by
clicking on the. I personally prefer not to have ANY starups. I click on my
Internet Defense Suite manually, before connecting to the Internet. So decide
for yourself which one's you really need as start-ups.
2. Disable services which one may not require. For example, if your pc is a
stand-alone one, there may be sevral services which you can disable or switch
over to manual mode. Auto-starting and closing down of services takes time &
resources. These can be saved. BlackViper's Vista Service Configurations is
an excellent guide to follow.
3. Reducing visual effects (eye candy).
Right-click on “My Computer” > Properties > Advanced > Performance-Settings
> Visual Effects > Adjust for best performance > Apply > OK.

To allow the themes and the glass effects, you may have to check on the
boxes : enable transperant glass and use visual styles; this way atleast the
spirit of Vista will be preserved- else be prepared for a really bland Vista
! Use your discretion. I know disabling all can actually negate the purpose
of 'eye-friendly' Vista.

there are more at www.winvistaclub/tips.html but usually these 3 would
suffice.
--