INSUFFICIENT TEMPORARY FILE SPACE

angel weekes

INSUFFICIENT TEMPORARY FILE SPACE
Can anyone help me? I have a 2420 Acer TravelMate Laptop. I am trying to make
up to date recovery disks. The recovery disk that I have are out of date they
do not have all the programs that I use now, also when I first got my laptop
it was fat and I changed it to ntfs. So when I have had to run disk recovery
it take a long time to my laptop back to how I want it.
When I try to make recovery disk I get a message saying. (disk E)
insufficient temporary file space to execute burn function.
Can anyone explain what this means and how I can fix it.
Thank you.
Mac

Re: INSUFFICIENT TEMPORARY FILE SPACE
When you burn to a disk it store the files your hard disk first, so you need
to make sure you have enough space on the laptop - use disk clean up and
maybe remove files/programs you don't need/use... another alternative is to
compress your laptop drives (or parts thereof) - right click in windows
explorer and select properties to see the compress option.

"angel weekes" <angelweekes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Can anyone help me? I have a 2420 Acer TravelMate Laptop. I am trying to
> make
> up to date recovery disks. The recovery disk that I have are out of date
> they
> do not have all the programs that I use now, also when I first got my
> laptop
> it was fat and I changed it to ntfs. So when I have had to run disk
> recovery
> it take a long time to my laptop back to how I want it.
> When I try to make recovery disk I get a message saying. (disk E)
> insufficient temporary file space to execute burn function.
> Can anyone explain what this means and how I can fix it.
> Thank you.

angel weekes

Re: INSUFFICIENT TEMPORARY FILE SPACE
Hi Mac thanks for answering my question, I have done a disk clean up and
there is 10 GB of space in the back up drive so I donot think its a question
of enough space in the hard drive. Any more ideas, Thanks for help.

"Mac" wrote:

> When you burn to a disk it store the files your hard disk first, so you need
> to make sure you have enough space on the laptop - use disk clean up and
> maybe remove files/programs you don't need/use... another alternative is to
> compress your laptop drives (or parts thereof) - right click in windows
> explorer and select properties to see the compress option.
>
> "angel weekes" <angelweekes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Can anyone help me? I have a 2420 Acer TravelMate Laptop. I am trying to
> > make
> > up to date recovery disks. The recovery disk that I have are out of date
> > they
> > do not have all the programs that I use now, also when I first got my
> > laptop
> > it was fat and I changed it to ntfs. So when I have had to run disk
> > recovery
> > it take a long time to my laptop back to how I want it.
> > When I try to make recovery disk I get a message saying. (disk E)
> > insufficient temporary file space to execute burn function.
> > Can anyone explain what this means and how I can fix it.
> > Thank you.

Rock

Re: INSUFFICIENT TEMPORARY FILE SPACE
"angel weekes" wrote
> Hi Mac thanks for answering my question, I have done a disk clean up and
> there is 10 GB of space in the back up drive so I donot think its a
> question
> of enough space in the hard drive. Any more ideas, Thanks for help.

> "Mac" wrote:
>
>> When you burn to a disk it store the files your hard disk first, so you
>> need
>> to make sure you have enough space on the laptop - use disk clean up and
>> maybe remove files/programs you don't need/use... another alternative is
>> compress your laptop drives (or parts thereof) - right click in windows
>> explorer and select properties to see the compress option.

>> "angel weekes" <angelweekes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> > Can anyone help me? I have a 2420 Acer TravelMate Laptop. I am trying
>> > make
>> > up to date recovery disks. The recovery disk that I have are out of
>> > date
>> > they
>> > do not have all the programs that I use now, also when I first got my
>> > laptop
>> > it was fat and I changed it to ntfs. So when I have had to run disk
>> > recovery
>> > it take a long time to my laptop back to how I want it.
>> > When I try to make recovery disk I get a message saying. (disk E)
>> > insufficient temporary file space to execute burn function.
>> > Can anyone explain what this means and how I can fix it.
>> > Thank you.

Since creating a recovery disk is a function provided by the computer maker
you might want to contact the computer's tech support.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]