How to delete listing for non-existent backup

Walter Blanchard

How to delete listing for non-existent backup
[cross posted performance-maintenance and general NG's]

Since I made the last Complete PC Backup, I've had to reformat the external
drive on which it was saved. Now, when I open Backup Status and
Configuration and select Complete PC Backup, that backup is still listed
even though it's not there:
Last backup was successful
Last successful backup 4/28/2007
Last backup location Data Backup (x)

I would like to be able to clear that entry.

--

______________________________

Walter B
waltblanch[at]tampabay[dot]rr[dot]com
______________________________

James Matthews

Re: How to delete listing for non-existent backup
Search the registery for that date and see if there is something there!

--

http://www.goldwatches.com/watches.asp?Brand=39
"Walter Blanchard" <Walter_B@community.nospam> wrote in message
> [cross posted performance-maintenance and general NG's]
>
> Since I made the last Complete PC Backup, I've had to reformat the
> external drive on which it was saved. Now, when I open Backup Status and
> Configuration and select Complete PC Backup, that backup is still listed
> even though it's not there:
> Last backup was successful
> Last successful backup 4/28/2007
> Last backup location Data Backup (x)
>
> I would like to be able to clear that entry.
>
> --
>
> ______________________________
>
> Walter B
> waltblanch[at]tampabay[dot]rr[dot]com
> ______________________________

Walter Blanchard

Re: How to delete listing for non-existent backup
No joy. I also searched for "Last successful backup" -- nothing.

Hopefully, someone from MS will weigh in on this.

--

______________________________

"James Matthews" <jamesmatt18@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Search the registery for that date and see if there is something there!
>

> --
>
> http://www.goldwatches.com/watches.asp?Brand=39
> "Walter Blanchard" <Walter_B@community.nospam> wrote in message
>> [cross posted performance-maintenance and general NG's]
>>
>> Since I made the last Complete PC Backup, I've had to reformat the
>> external drive on which it was saved. Now, when I open Backup Status and
>> Configuration and select Complete PC Backup, that backup is still listed
>> even though it's not there:
>> Last backup was successful
>> Last successful backup 4/28/2007
>> Last backup location Data Backup (x)
>>
>> I would like to be able to clear that entry.
>>
>> --
>>
>> ______________________________
>>
>> Walter B
>> waltblanch[at]tampabay[dot]rr[dot]com
>> ______________________________

LuckMan212

Re: How to delete listing for non-existent backup

I have the answer for you. This took me a LONG time to figure out,
after much mucking around with deleting hidden files, playing with
SysInternals Process Explorer, ProcMon, RegMon, etc. And deleting
several files in the hidden "System Volume Information" folder, and
tinkering with VssAdmin.exe and WBadmin.exe commands, it boils down to
this...

1. open regedit
2. navigate to :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \
WindowsBackup
3. delete the key (make a backup first if you are worried!!)

Now try opening the control panel (or run sdclt.exe) and you should see
that it has been reset.

--
LuckMan212