MESSAGE:- lh has stopped working.

Seth

MESSAGE:- lh has stopped working.
Hi. If I'm in the wrong section, I apologise.

I am playing a game called, Black & White, which played fine on XP.

Now I am on Vista home premium the game keeps on crashing, giving me a
message saying, "lh has stopped working".

I have downloaded patches from the game web site. Can someone inform me what
I can do about this, and how.

Yours most greatfully.
Gary.
Rick Rogers

Re: MESSAGE:- lh has stopped working.
Hi Seth,

What does the game vendor state about using the game under Vista? Is it
supported?
Have you tried using compatibility mode for XP?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Seth" <Seth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. If I'm in the wrong section, I apologise.
>
> I am playing a game called, Black & White, which played fine on XP.
>
> Now I am on Vista home premium the game keeps on crashing, giving me a
> message saying, "lh has stopped working".
>
> I have downloaded patches from the game web site. Can someone inform me
> what
> I can do about this, and how.
>
> Yours most greatfully.
> Gary.

Seth

Re: MESSAGE:- lh has stopped working.
Hi Rick. Thanks for your reply.

I actually have it in compatibility mode now to solve an earlier glitch.
I am a member of a forum related to the game, and no one there has come
across this message.
Do you have any idea what this "Microsoft Windows" message means?

Seth.

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Seth,
>
> What does the game vendor state about using the game under Vista? Is it
> supported?
> Have you tried using compatibility mode for XP?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Seth" <Seth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi. If I'm in the wrong section, I apologise.
> >
> > I am playing a game called, Black & White, which played fine on XP.
> >
> > Now I am on Vista home premium the game keeps on crashing, giving me a
> > message saying, "lh has stopped working".
> >
> > I have downloaded patches from the game web site. Can someone inform me
> > what
> > I can do about this, and how.
> >
> > Yours most gratefully.
> > Gary.

Rick Rogers

Re: MESSAGE:- lh has stopped working.
Hi,

Vista is simply reporting that the application has stopped running. As to
why it stopped, the application section of the event viewer may hold some
clues. Ultimately, the issue is one that should be resolved by the software
vendor. You might look at your AV application as a possible cause, as some
of the more agressive ones can cause these sorts of issues.

--

> Hi Rick. Thanks for your reply.
>
> I actually have it in compatibility mode now to solve an earlier glitch.
> I am a member of a forum related to the game, and no one there has come
> across this message.
> Do you have any idea what this "Microsoft Windows" message means?
>
> Seth.
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi Seth,
>>
>> What does the game vendor state about using the game under Vista? Is it
>> supported?
>> Have you tried using compatibility mode for XP?
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "Seth" <Seth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi. If I'm in the wrong section, I apologise.
>> >
>> > I am playing a game called, Black & White, which played fine on XP.
>> >
>> > Now I am on Vista home premium the game keeps on crashing, giving me a
>> > message saying, "lh has stopped working".
>> >
>> > I have downloaded patches from the game web site. Can someone inform me
>> > what
>> > I can do about this, and how.
>> >
>> > Yours most gratefully.
>> > Gary.

Seth

Re: MESSAGE:- lh has stopped working.
Rick.

Thanks for taking the time to help. I shall now dive into the depths of my
computer and see what I come up with.

Again, thanks for your help.
Seth.