Event Viewer?

Blue Angel

Event Viewer?
How can I clear the event viewer and the other logs to see what my
system just started up with so I can try an correct it?
Thanks:
Blue Angel
Mac

Re: Event Viewer?
Rather than delete - why not just filter the list by creating a custom view?
Or use the Summary of Admin Events from last hour?

"Blue Angel" wrote in message
newshev73pomhjjocj6absc7oaeclmilju3sh@4ax.com...
> How can I clear the event viewer and the other logs to see what my
> system just started up with so I can try an correct it?
> Thanks:
> Blue Angel

Mac

Re: Event Viewer?
If you do want to delete (clear, or archive), see the MS Management Console
Help from which this text is extracted from...

Manage Event Logs

You can use Event Viewer to manage various aspects of your event logs. To do
so, you typically: navigate to and select the event log to manage,
right-click and select Properties to access its properties dialog, and then
update the appropriate values.

You can perform the following log management tasks by using Event Viewer:

Clear an Event Log

Set Maximum Log Size

Set Log Retention Policy

Enable Analytic and Debug Logs

Archive an Event Log

You can also use the wevtutil.exe command line tool to manage your event
logs. Where applicable, the preceding topics include information about how
to accomplish the task from the command line. To learn more about the
wevtutil.exe command-line tool, type wevtutil /? at a command prompt.

"Blue Angel" wrote in message
newshev73pomhjjocj6absc7oaeclmilju3sh@4ax.com...
> How can I clear the event viewer and the other logs to see what my
> system just started up with so I can try an correct it?
> Thanks:
> Blue Angel

Blue Angel

Re: Event Viewer?
On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 14:29:55 +0100, "Mac" <mac@nospam.com> wrote:

Thanks Mac:
I just wanted to make a clean start since I finally got everything
setup the way I think it should be. I found the "Clear Log" button and
got it cleaned. Now I can see what is going on from the start.
Thanks Again for thr reply.
TomP (Blue Angel)

>If you do want to delete (clear, or archive), see the MS Management Console
>Help from which this text is extracted from...
>
>Manage Event Logs
>
>You can use Event Viewer to manage various aspects of your event logs. To do
>so, you typically: navigate to and select the event log to manage,
>right-click and select Properties to access its properties dialog, and then
>update the appropriate values.
>
>You can perform the following log management tasks by using Event Viewer:
>
>Clear an Event Log
>

>Set Maximum Log Size
>

>Set Log Retention Policy
>

>Enable Analytic and Debug Logs
>

>Archive an Event Log
>

>You can also use the wevtutil.exe command line tool to manage your event
>logs. Where applicable, the preceding topics include information about how
>to accomplish the task from the command line. To learn more about the
>wevtutil.exe command-line tool, type wevtutil /? at a command prompt.
>

>"Blue Angel" wrote in message
>newshev73pomhjjocj6absc7oaeclmilju3sh@4ax.com.. .
>> How can I clear the event viewer and the other logs to see what my
>> system just started up with so I can try an correct it?
>> Thanks:
>> Blue Angel

panais

Re: Event Viewer?

Blue Angel
Where you found the clear log button?

--
panais
Paul Montgomery

Re: Event Viewer?
On Tue, 29 Jul 2008 16:43:28 -0500, panais <guest@unknown-email.com>
wrote:

>Blue Angel
>Where you found the clear log button?

Blue Angel left the room June 25, 2007 (that's LAST year, in case
you're wondering) and has never returned.