Windows activation problem

Alan West

Windows activation problem
I installed windows vista and activated it online without any problems.
Yesterday I upgraded my motherboard BIOS, now vista wants me to re-activate
windows. When I try to reactivate windows I am told that this activation
number is already in use!

What can I do to reactivate vista?
Rock

Re: Windows activation problem
"Alan West" wrote
>I installed windows vista and activated it online without any problems.
> Yesterday I upgraded my motherboard BIOS, now vista wants me to
> re-activate
> windows. When I try to reactivate windows I am told that this activation
> number is already in use!
>
> What can I do to reactivate vista?

Of course, because you used it already. Do the phone activation.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Alan West

Re: Windows activation problem
Why would Vista require re activation when I upgrade M/B BIOS?

"Rock" wrote:

> "Alan West" wrote
> >I installed windows vista and activated it online without any problems.
> > Yesterday I upgraded my motherboard BIOS, now vista wants me to
> > re-activate
> > windows. When I try to reactivate windows I am told that this activation
> > number is already in use!
> >
> > What can I do to reactivate vista?

> Of course, because you used it already. Do the phone activation.
>
> --
> Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

John Barnett MVP

Re: Windows activation problem
Just telephone the activation line.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

Web: http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
Web: http://vistasupport.mvps.org

mail/post..

"Alan West" <Alan West@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsC4B4803-F665-4473-8FC1-09DA840F2A43@microsoft.com...
>I installed windows vista and activated it online without any problems.
> Yesterday I upgraded my motherboard BIOS, now vista wants me to
> re-activate
> windows. When I try to reactivate windows I am told that this activation
> number is already in use!
>
> What can I do to reactivate vista?

Mac

Re: Windows activation problem
Because Vista uses an algorithm to decide if a significant part of your
computer has changed.

> Why would Vista require re activation when I upgrade M/B BIOS?
>
> "Rock" wrote:
>
>> "Alan West" wrote
>> >I installed windows vista and activated it online without any problems.
>> > Yesterday I upgraded my motherboard BIOS, now vista wants me to
>> > re-activate
>> > windows. When I try to reactivate windows I am told that this
>> > activation
>> > number is already in use!
>> >
>> > What can I do to reactivate vista?

>> Of course, because you used it already. Do the phone activation.
>>
>> --
>> Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Elden Fenison

Re: Windows activation problem
On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 16:08:52 +0100, "John Barnett MVP"
<freelanceit@mvps.org.NOSPAM> wrote:
>Just telephone the activation line.

I will say I've had to do this numerous times and it's normally quite
painless. In spite of the general hassles with activation, Microsoft
seems to have their telephone people well-trained.

--
-=Elden=-
http://www.moondog.org
JulesKremer

Elden Fenison schreef:
> On Mon, 25 Jun 2007 16:08:52 +0100, "John Barnett MVP"
> <freelanceit@mvps.org.NOSPAM> wrote:
>> Just telephone the activation line.

> I will say I've had to do this numerous times and it's normally quite
> painless. In spite of the general hassles with activation, Microsoft
> seems to have their telephone people well-trained.

Still, upgrading bios should not lead to reactivation, as it will not
lead to hardware serial number change. It is just annoying. The music
industry is stopping with bugging customers with it, and so should MS.
It is only annoying the paying customer, the ones who are using it
illegally just download another crack. They don't care. I pay for my
software, and then I don't expect or want to be bugged by stuff like this.

Jules