Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

WindowsUpdate_8024D00A WindowsUpdate_dt000

microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-25-2007
Michelle
 

Posts: n/a
WindowsUpdate_8024D00A WindowsUpdate_dt000
Just minding my own business and decided to check for any windows updates
because I saw a flash informing me that an upgrade for Windows Vista was
available to address some minor problems with my computer. Anyway, when I
tried to check for any updates, I received a notice telling me that "Windows
could not search for new updates" and the following subject was displayed
"WindowsUpdate_8024D00A WindowsUpdate_dt000". A search of the online
Knowledge Base turned up no results??? Any ideas what is going on here???
--
Michelle
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-25-2007
Rick Rogers
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WindowsUpdate_8024D00A WindowsUpdate_dt000
Hi Michelle,

Click start, type 'windowsupdate.log' and hit <enter>, then copy/paste the
details from the most recent session (at the bottom) into a reply.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

"Michelle" <GirlFriendTess@hotmail.com(NoSpamPlease)> wrote in message
news:97D92FA4-AD1C-45F4-B5DC-6F42CD6E0E51@microsoft.com...
> Just minding my own business and decided to check for any windows updates
> because I saw a flash informing me that an upgrade for Windows Vista was
> available to address some minor problems with my computer. Anyway, when I
> tried to check for any updates, I received a notice telling me that
> "Windows
> could not search for new updates" and the following subject was displayed
> "WindowsUpdate_8024D00A WindowsUpdate_dt000". A search of the online
> Knowledge Base turned up no results??? Any ideas what is going on here???
> --
> Michelle


Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2007
Mark Elvester
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WindowsUpdate_8024D00A WindowsUpdate_dt000
Rick,

I have been fighting the same problem for about a week. Having read your
message to Michele I hope she won't mind if you help me also. Part of todays
section of the log is appended at the end.

Thank's for any help you may give.

Mark

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Michelle,
>
> Click start, type 'windowsupdate.log' and hit <enter>, then copy/paste the
> details from the most recent session (at the bottom) into a reply.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,
>
> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
>
> "Michelle" <GirlFriendTess@hotmail.com(NoSpamPlease)> wrote in message
> news:97D92FA4-AD1C-45F4-B5DC-6F42CD6E0E51@microsoft.com...
> > Just minding my own business and decided to check for any windows updates
> > because I saw a flash informing me that an upgrade for Windows Vista was
> > available to address some minor problems with my computer. Anyway, when I
> > tried to check for any updates, I received a notice telling me that
> > "Windows
> > could not search for new updates" and the following subject was displayed
> > "WindowsUpdate_8024D00A WindowsUpdate_dt000". A search of the online
> > Knowledge Base turned up no results??? Any ideas what is going on here???
> > --
> > Michelle

>
>

2007-06-29 17:53:44:200 1148 d9c AU Triggering AU detection through
DetectNow API
2007-06-29 17:53:44:200 1148 d9c AU Triggering Online detection
(non-interactive)
2007-06-29 17:53:44:200 1148 85c AU #############
2007-06-29 17:53:44:200 1148 85c AU ## START ## AU: Search for updates
2007-06-29 17:53:44:200 1148 85c AU #########
2007-06-29 17:53:44:215 1148 85c AU <<## SUBMITTED ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {CA9B35F8-8E9B-4421-802D-0C502EB04ABA}]
2007-06-29 17:53:44:215 1148 1b0 Agent *************
2007-06-29 17:53:44:215 1148 1b0 Agent ** START ** Agent: Finding updates
[CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2007-06-29 17:53:44:215 1148 1b0 Agent *********
2007-06-29 17:53:44:215 1148 1b0 Setup Checking for agent SelfUpdate
2007-06-29 17:53:44:215 1148 1b0 Setup Client version: Core: 6.0.5840.16384
Aux: 6.0.5840.16384
2007-06-29 17:53:50:272 1148 1b0 Setup FATAL: Error: Unsupported System
Configuration for Selfupdate and Detection
2007-06-29 17:53:50:272 1148 1b0 Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate check failed to
download package information, error = 0x8024D00A
2007-06-29 17:53:50:272 1148 1b0 Setup FATAL: SelfUpdate check failed, err =
0x8024D00A
2007-06-29 17:53:50:272 1148 1b0 Agent * WARNING: Skipping scan,
self-update check returned 0x8024D00A
2007-06-29 17:53:50:303 1148 1b0 Agent * WARNING: Exit code = 0x8024D00A
2007-06-29 17:53:50:303 1148 1b0 Agent *********
2007-06-29 17:53:50:303 1148 1b0 Agent ** END ** Agent: Finding updates
[CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2007-06-29 17:53:50:303 1148 1b0 Agent *************
2007-06-29 17:53:50:303 1148 1b0 Agent WARNING: WU client failed Searching
for update with error 0x8024d00a
2007-06-29 17:53:50:303 1148 1b0 AU >>## RESUMED ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {CA9B35F8-8E9B-4421-802D-0C502EB04ABA}]
2007-06-29 17:53:50:303 1148 1b0 AU # WARNING: Search callback failed,
result = 0x8024D00A
2007-06-29 17:53:50:303 1148 1b0 AU # WARNING: Failed to find updates with
error code 8024D00A
2007-06-29 17:53:50:303 1148 1b0 AU #########
2007-06-29 17:53:50:303 1148 1b0 AU ## END ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {CA9B35F8-8E9B-4421-802D-0C502EB04ABA}]
2007-06-29 17:53:50:303 1148 1b0 AU #############
2007-06-29 17:53:50:303 1148 1b0 AU AU setting next detection timeout to
2007-06-30 03:53:50
2007-06-29 17:53:55:280 1148 708 Report REPORT EVENT:
{A343C437-44DF-421B-8E72-D5236F0E36EE} 2007-06-29
17:53:50:272-0500 1 148 101 {D67661EB-2423-451D-BF5D-13199E37DF28} 1 8024d00a SelfUpdate Failure Software
Synchronization Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x8024d00a.
2007-06-29 17:54:07:398 1148 85c Shutdwn user declined update at shutdown
2007-06-29 17:54:07:398 1148 85c AU AU initiates service shutdown
2007-06-29 17:54:07:398 1148 85c AU ########### AU: Uninitializing
Automatic Updates ###########
2007-06-29 17:54:07:585 1148 85c Service *********
2007-06-29 17:54:07:585 1148 85c Service ** END ** Service: Service exit
[Exit code = 0x240001]
2007-06-29 17:54:07:585 1148 85c Service *************
2007-06-29 19:57:50:051 1076 a6c Misc =========== Logging initialized
(build: 6.0.5840.16384, tz: -0500) ===========
2007-06-29 19:57:50:145 1076 a6c Misc = Process:
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
2007-06-29 19:57:50:223 1076 a6c Misc = Module:
c:\windows\system32\wuaueng.dll
2007-06-29 19:57:50:051 1076 a6c Service *************
2007-06-29 19:57:50:301 1076 a6c Service ** START ** Service: Service startup
2007-06-29 19:57:50:379 1076 a6c Service *********
2007-06-29 19:57:50:457 1076 a6c Agent * WU client version 6.0.5840.16384
2007-06-29 19:57:50:457 1076 a6c Agent * Base directory:
C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution
2007-06-29 19:57:50:582 1076 a6c Agent * Access type: No proxy
2007-06-29 19:57:50:660 1076 a6c Agent * Network state: Connected
2007-06-29 19:57:50:738 1076 a6c Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate is in an error
state
2007-06-29 19:58:35:717 1076 a6c Agent *********** Agent: Initializing
Windows Update Agent ***********
2007-06-29 19:58:35:717 1076 a6c Agent *********** Agent: Initializing
global settings cache ***********
2007-06-29 19:58:35:717 1076 a6c Agent * WSUS server: <NULL>
2007-06-29 19:58:35:717 1076 a6c Agent * WSUS status server: <NULL>
2007-06-29 19:58:35:717 1076 a6c Agent * Target group: (Unassigned
Computers)
2007-06-29 19:58:35:717 1076 a6c Agent * Windows Update access disabled: No
2007-06-29 19:58:35:996 1076 a6c DnldMgr Download manager restoring 0
downloads
2007-06-29 19:58:35:997 1076 a6c AU ########### AU: Initializing Automatic
Updates ###########
2007-06-29 19:58:35:997 1076 a6c AU # Approval type: Pre-download notify
(User preference)
2007-06-29 19:58:35:998 1076 a6c Report *********** Report: Initializing
static reporting data ***********
2007-06-29 19:58:35:998 1076 a6c Report * OS Version = 6.0.5840.0.0.65792
2007-06-29 19:58:35:998 1076 a6c Report * OS Product Type = 0x00000001
2007-06-29 19:58:36:171 1076 a6c Report * Computer Brand = System
manufacturer
2007-06-29 19:58:36:171 1076 a6c Report * Computer Model = System Product
Name
2007-06-29 19:58:36:174 1076 a6c Report * Bios Revision = ASUS P5N32-E SLI
ACPI BIOS Revision 1002
2007-06-29 19:58:36:174 1076 a6c Report * Bios Name = Phoenix - AwardBIOS
v6.00PG
2007-06-29 19:58:36:174 1076 a6c Report * Bios Release Date =
2007-03-28T00:00:00
2007-06-29 19:58:36:174 1076 a6c Report * Locale ID = 1033
2007-06-29 19:58:36:182 1076 a6c AU AU finished delayed initialization
2007-06-29 19:58:36:182 1076 a6c AU #############
2007-06-29 19:58:36:182 1076 a6c AU ## START ## AU: Search for updates
2007-06-29 19:58:36:182 1076 a6c AU #########
2007-06-29 19:58:36:402 1076 a6c AU <<## SUBMITTED ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {DA1E6702-56ED-4C19-9C6B-8D644D9EF1C8}]
2007-06-29 19:58:36:402 1076 c6c Agent *************
2007-06-29 19:58:36:402 1076 c6c Agent ** START ** Agent: Finding updates
[CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2007-06-29 19:58:36:402 1076 c6c Agent *********
2007-06-29 19:58:46:058 1076 c6c Driver DriverUtil marking
{7A1757B9-6308-4F96-91C5-11EFF8C69378}.100 e_detectionStateInstallable
2007-06-29 19:58:46:058 1076 c6c Driver Matched driver to device
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_037F&SUBSYS_CB841043&REV_A2
2007-06-29 19:58:46:058 1076 c6c Driver Status: 0x180000a, ProblemNumber:
00000000
2007-06-29 19:58:46:058 1076 c6c Driver Calculated driver attributes as
0x00000000
2007-06-29 19:58:48:024 1076 c6c Agent * Added update
{7A1757B9-6308-4F96-91C5-11EFF8C69378}.100 to search result
2007-06-29 19:58:48:024 1076 c6c Agent * Found 1 updates and 28 categories
in search
2007-06-29 19:58:48:024 1076 c6c Agent *********
2007-06-29 19:58:48:024 1076 c6c Agent ** END ** Agent: Finding updates
[CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2007-06-29 19:58:48:024 1076 c6c Agent *************
2007-06-29 19:58:48:039 1076 c6c Report REPORT EVENT:
{8E2D65E4-7645-4CC0-A395-32725226972C} 2007-06-29
19:58:35:997-0500 1 202 102 {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000} 0 0 AutomaticUpdates Success Content Install Reboot completed.
2007-06-29 19:58:48:039 1076 a58 AU >>## RESUMED ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {DA1E6702-56ED-4C19-9C6B-8D644D9EF1C8}]
2007-06-29 19:58:48:039 1076 a58 AU # 1 updates detected
2007-06-29 19:58:48:039 1076 a58 AU #########
2007-06-29 19:58:48:039 1076 a58 AU ## END ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {DA1E6702-56ED-4C19-9C6B-8D644D9EF1C8}]
2007-06-29 19:58:48:039 1076 a58 AU #############
2007-06-29 21:29:01:749 1076 7a0 AU Triggering AU detection through
DetectNow API
2007-06-29 21:29:01:749 1076 7a0 AU Triggering Online detection (interactive)
2007-06-29 21:29:01:749 1076 a6c AU #############
2007-06-29 21:29:01:749 1076 a6c AU ## START ## AU: Search for updates
2007-06-29 21:29:01:749 1076 a6c AU #########
2007-06-29 21:29:01:749 1076 a6c AU <<## SUBMITTED ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {E2742FF3-390A-47E9-9DE3-9D41E6D40387}]
2007-06-29 21:29:01:749 1076 c40 Agent *************
2007-06-29 21:29:01:749 1076 c40 Agent ** START ** Agent: Finding updates
[CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2007-06-29 21:29:01:749 1076 c40 Agent *********
2007-06-29 21:29:01:749 1076 c40 Setup Checking for agent SelfUpdate
2007-06-29 21:29:01:780 1076 c40 Setup Client version: Core: 6.0.5840.16384
Aux: 6.0.5840.16384
2007-06-29 21:29:02:748 1076 c40 Setup FATAL: Error: Unsupported System
Configuration for Selfupdate and Detection
2007-06-29 21:29:02:748 1076 c40 Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate check failed to
download package information, error = 0x8024D00A
2007-06-29 21:29:02:748 1076 c40 Setup FATAL: SelfUpdate check failed, err =
0x8024D00A
2007-06-29 21:29:02:748 1076 c40 Agent * WARNING: Skipping scan,
self-update check returned 0x8024D00A
2007-06-29 21:29:02:748 1076 c40 Agent * WARNING: Exit code = 0x8024D00A
2007-06-29 21:29:02:748 1076 c40 Agent *********
2007-06-29 21:29:02:748 1076 c40 Agent ** END ** Agent: Finding updates
[CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2007-06-29 21:29:02:748 1076 c40 Agent *************
2007-06-29 21:29:02:748 1076 c40 Agent WARNING: WU client failed Searching
for update with error 0x8024d00a
2007-06-29 21:29:02:748 1076 460 AU >>## RESUMED ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {E2742FF3-390A-47E9-9DE3-9D41E6D40387}]
2007-06-29 21:29:02:748 1076 460 AU # WARNING: Search callback failed,
result = 0x8024D00A
2007-06-29 21:29:02:748 1076 460 AU # WARNING: Failed to find updates with
error code 8024D00A
2007-06-29 21:29:02:748 1076 460 AU #########
2007-06-29 21:29:02:748 1076 460 AU ## END ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {E2742FF3-390A-47E9-9DE3-9D41E6D40387}]
2007-06-29 21:29:02:748 1076 460 AU #############
2007-06-29 21:29:02:748 1076 460 AU AU setting next detection timeout to
2007-06-30 07:29:02
2007-06-29 21:29:07:755 1076 104 Report REPORT EVENT:
{F78CC49B-EE83-4DD4-A035-CF57D68EB030} 2007-06-29
21:29:02:748-0500 1 148 101 {D67661EB-2423-451D-BF5D-13199E37DF28} 1 8024d00a SelfUpdate Failure Software
Synchronization Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x8024d00a.
2007-06-29 21:50:43:615 1076 90c Report Uploading 4 events using cached
cookie, reporting URL =
http://stats.update.microsoft.com/Re...ebService.asmx
2007-06-29 21:50:46:253 1076 90c Report Reporter successfully uploaded 4
events.
2007-06-29 21:57:38:839 1076 c08 AU Triggering AU detection through
DetectNow API
2007-06-29 21:57:38:839 1076 c08 AU Triggering Online detection (interactive)
2007-06-29 21:57:38:839 1076 a6c AU #############
2007-06-29 21:57:38:839 1076 a6c AU ## START ## AU: Search for updates
2007-06-29 21:57:38:839 1076 a6c AU #########
2007-06-29 21:57:38:839 1076 a6c AU <<## SUBMITTED ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {3A4728A7-4CDE-4898-93A7-3E2506F55A11}]
2007-06-29 21:57:38:839 1076 c40 Agent *************
2007-06-29 21:57:38:839 1076 c40 Agent ** START ** Agent: Finding updates
[CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2007-06-29 21:57:38:839 1076 c40 Agent *********
2007-06-29 21:57:38:839 1076 c40 Setup Checking for agent SelfUpdate
2007-06-29 21:57:38:839 1076 c40 Setup Client version: Core: 6.0.5840.16384
Aux: 6.0.5840.16384
2007-06-29 21:57:39:869 1076 c40 Setup FATAL: Error: Unsupported System
Configuration for Selfupdate and Detection
2007-06-29 21:57:39:869 1076 c40 Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate check failed to
download package information, error = 0x8024D00A
2007-06-29 21:57:39:869 1076 c40 Setup FATAL: SelfUpdate check failed, err =
0x8024D00A
2007-06-29 21:57:39:869 1076 c40 Agent * WARNING: Skipping scan,
self-update check returned 0x8024D00A
2007-06-29 21:57:39:884 1076 c40 Agent * WARNING: Exit code = 0x8024D00A
2007-06-29 21:57:39:884 1076 c40 Agent *********
2007-06-29 21:57:39:884 1076 c40 Agent ** END ** Agent: Finding updates
[CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2007-06-29 21:57:39:884 1076 c40 Agent *************
2007-06-29 21:57:39:884 1076 c40 Agent WARNING: WU client failed Searching
for update with error 0x8024d00a
2007-06-29 21:57:39:884 1076 ed0 AU >>## RESUMED ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {3A4728A7-4CDE-4898-93A7-3E2506F55A11}]
2007-06-29 21:57:39:884 1076 ed0 AU # WARNING: Search callback failed,
result = 0x8024D00A
2007-06-29 21:57:39:884 1076 ed0 AU # WARNING: Failed to find updates with
error code 8024D00A
2007-06-29 21:57:39:884 1076 ed0 AU #########
2007-06-29 21:57:39:884 1076 ed0 AU ## END ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {3A4728A7-4CDE-4898-93A7-3E2506F55A11}]
2007-06-29 21:57:39:884 1076 ed0 AU #############
2007-06-29 21:57:39:884 1076 ed0 AU AU setting next detection timeout to
2007-06-30 07:57:39
2007-06-29 21:57:44:876 1076 ed0 Report REPORT EVENT:
{04973640-683C-45DE-9A07-95B2B114BB8D} 2007-06-29
21:57:39:869-0500 1 148 101 {D67661EB-2423-451D-BF5D-13199E37DF28} 1 8024d00a SelfUpdate Failure Software
Synchronization Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x8024d00a.
2007-06-29 21:58:49:063 1076 c3c AU ########### AU: Setting new AU options
###########
2007-06-29 21:58:49:063 1076 c3c AU Setting AU Approval Type to 4
2007-06-29 21:58:49:063 1076 c3c AU Setting Install Schedule Day to 0
2007-06-29 21:58:49:063 1076 c3c AU Setting Install Schedule Time to 22
2007-06-29 21:58:49:063 1076 c3c AU # Policy changed, AU refresh required
= No
2007-06-29 21:58:49:063 1076 c3c AU # Approval type: Scheduled (User
preference)
2007-06-29 21:58:49:063 1076 c3c AU # Scheduled install day/time: Every
day at 22:00
2007-06-29 21:58:49:063 1076 c3c AU # Auto-install minor updates: Yes
(User preference)
2007-06-29 21:58:49:063 1076 c3c AU AU settings changed through User
Preference.
2007-06-29 21:58:49:063 1076 c3c AU Setting AU scheduled install time to
2007-06-30 03:00:00
2007-06-29 22:00:10:012 1076 a6c AU Forced install timer expired for
scheduled install
2007-06-29 22:00:10:012 1076 a6c AU UpdateDownloadProperties: 0 download(s)
are still in progress.
2007-06-29 22:00:10:012 1076 a6c AU Setting AU scheduled install time to
2007-07-01 03:00:00
2007-06-29 22:01:18:901 1076 24c AU Triggering AU detection through
DetectNow API
2007-06-29 22:01:18:901 1076 24c AU Triggering Online detection (interactive)
2007-06-29 22:01:18:901 1076 a6c AU #############
2007-06-29 22:01:18:901 1076 a6c AU ## START ## AU: Search for updates
2007-06-29 22:01:18:901 1076 a6c AU #########
2007-06-29 22:01:18:901 1076 a6c AU <<## SUBMITTED ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {83505F1A-2B9C-48CE-AB0D-D6DFFA4EAAC1}]
2007-06-29 22:01:18:901 1076 8e4 Agent *************
2007-06-29 22:01:18:901 1076 8e4 Agent ** START ** Agent: Finding updates
[CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2007-06-29 22:01:18:901 1076 8e4 Agent *********
2007-06-29 22:01:18:901 1076 8e4 Setup Checking for agent SelfUpdate
2007-06-29 22:01:18:901 1076 8e4 Setup Client version: Core: 6.0.5840.16384
Aux: 6.0.5840.16384
2007-06-29 22:01:24:860 1076 8e4 Setup FATAL: Error: Unsupported System
Configuration for Selfupdate and Detection
2007-06-29 22:01:24:860 1076 8e4 Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate check failed to
download package information, error = 0x8024D00A
2007-06-29 22:01:24:860 1076 8e4 Setup FATAL: SelfUpdate check failed, err =
0x8024D00A
2007-06-29 22:01:24:860 1076 8e4 Agent * WARNING: Skipping scan,
self-update check returned 0x8024D00A
2007-06-29 22:01:24:860 1076 8e4 Agent * WARNING: Exit code = 0x8024D00A
2007-06-29 22:01:24:860 1076 8e4 Agent *********
2007-06-29 22:01:24:860 1076 8e4 Agent ** END ** Agent: Finding updates
[CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2007-06-29 22:01:24:860 1076 8e4 Agent *************
2007-06-29 22:01:24:860 1076 8e4 Agent WARNING: WU client failed Searching
for update with error 0x8024d00a
2007-06-29 22:01:24:860 1076 d40 AU >>## RESUMED ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {83505F1A-2B9C-48CE-AB0D-D6DFFA4EAAC1}]
2007-06-29 22:01:24:860 1076 d40 AU # WARNING: Search callback failed,
result = 0x8024D00A
2007-06-29 22:01:24:860 1076 d40 AU # WARNING: Failed to find updates with
error code 8024D00A
2007-06-29 22:01:24:860 1076 d40 AU #########
2007-06-29 22:01:24:860 1076 d40 AU ## END ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {83505F1A-2B9C-48CE-AB0D-D6DFFA4EAAC1}]
2007-06-29 22:01:24:860 1076 d40 AU #############
2007-06-29 22:01:24:860 1076 d40 AU AU setting next detection timeout to
2007-06-30 08:01:24
2007-06-29 22:01:24:860 1076 d40 AU Setting AU scheduled install time to
2007-07-01 03:00:00
2007-06-29 22:01:29:868 1076 c40 Report REPORT EVENT:
{A1F76227-8FD7-4024-8FB1-DD07E61DC1B4} 2007-06-29
22:01:24:860-0500 1 148 101 {D67661EB-2423-451D-BF5D-13199E37DF28} 1 8024d00a SelfUpdate Failure Software
Synchronization Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x8024d00a.
2007-06-29 22:23:19:038 1076 a6c Shutdwn user declined update at shutdown
2007-06-29 22:23:19:038 1076 a6c AU AU initiates service shutdown
2007-06-29 22:23:19:038 1076 a6c AU ########### AU: Uninitializing
Automatic Updates ###########
2007-06-29 22:23:19:474 1076 a6c Service *********
2007-06-29 22:23:19:474 1076 a6c Service ** END ** Service: Service exit
[Exit code = 0x240001]
2007-06-29 22:23:19:474 1076 a6c Service *************
2007-06-29 22:26:46:877 1124 f14 Misc =========== Logging initialized
(build: 6.0.5840.16384, tz: -0500) ===========
2007-06-29 22:26:46:986 1124 f14 Misc = Process:
C:\Windows\system32\svchost.exe
2007-06-29 22:26:47:126 1124 f14 Misc = Module:
c:\windows\system32\wuaueng.dll
2007-06-29 22:26:46:877 1124 f14 Service *************
2007-06-29 22:26:47:251 1124 f14 Service ** START ** Service: Service startup
2007-06-29 22:26:47:329 1124 f14 Service *********
2007-06-29 22:26:47:407 1124 f14 Agent * WU client version 6.0.5840.16384
2007-06-29 22:26:47:423 1124 f14 Agent * Base directory:
C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution
2007-06-29 22:26:47:501 1124 f14 Agent * Access type: No proxy
2007-06-29 22:26:47:579 1124 f14 Agent * Network state: Connected
2007-06-29 22:26:47:719 1124 f14 Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate is in an error
state
2007-06-29 22:27:32:725 1124 f14 Agent *********** Agent: Initializing
Windows Update Agent ***********
2007-06-29 22:27:32:725 1124 f14 Agent *********** Agent: Initializing
global settings cache ***********
2007-06-29 22:27:32:725 1124 f14 Agent * WSUS server: <NULL>
2007-06-29 22:27:32:725 1124 f14 Agent * WSUS status server: <NULL>
2007-06-29 22:27:32:725 1124 f14 Agent * Target group: (Unassigned
Computers)
2007-06-29 22:27:32:725 1124 f14 Agent * Windows Update access disabled: No
2007-06-29 22:27:32:912 1124 f14 DnldMgr Download manager restoring 0
downloads
2007-06-29 22:27:32:912 1124 f14 AU ########### AU: Initializing Automatic
Updates ###########
2007-06-29 22:27:32:912 1124 f14 AU # Approval type: Scheduled (User
preference)
2007-06-29 22:27:32:912 1124 f14 AU # Scheduled install day/time: Every
day at 22:00
2007-06-29 22:27:32:912 1124 f14 AU # Auto-install minor updates: Yes
(User preference)
2007-06-29 22:27:32:912 1124 f14 AU Setting AU scheduled install time to
2007-07-01 03:00:00
2007-06-29 22:27:32:912 1124 f14 Report *********** Report: Initializing
static reporting data ***********
2007-06-29 22:27:32:912 1124 f14 Report * OS Version = 6.0.5840.0.0.65792
2007-06-29 22:27:32:912 1124 f14 Report * OS Product Type = 0x00000001
2007-06-29 22:27:33:115 1124 f14 Report * Computer Brand = System
manufacturer
2007-06-29 22:27:33:115 1124 f14 Report * Computer Model = System Product
Name
2007-06-29 22:27:33:115 1124 f14 Report * Bios Revision = ASUS P5N32-E SLI
ACPI BIOS Revision 1002
2007-06-29 22:27:33:115 1124 f14 Report * Bios Name = Phoenix - AwardBIOS
v6.00PG
2007-06-29 22:27:33:115 1124 f14 Report * Bios Release Date =
2007-03-28T00:00:00
2007-06-29 22:27:33:115 1124 f14 Report * Locale ID = 1033
2007-06-29 22:27:33:115 1124 f14 AU AU finished delayed initialization
2007-06-29 22:27:33:115 1124 f14 AU #############
2007-06-29 22:27:33:115 1124 f14 AU ## START ## AU: Search for updates
2007-06-29 22:27:33:115 1124 f14 AU #########
2007-06-29 22:27:33:318 1124 f14 AU <<## SUBMITTED ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {9DDA9CB5-B752-40D5-8B1A-BCE13BFC62E3}]
2007-06-29 22:27:33:318 1124 ab8 Agent *************
2007-06-29 22:27:33:318 1124 ab8 Agent ** START ** Agent: Finding updates
[CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2007-06-29 22:27:33:318 1124 ab8 Agent *********
2007-06-29 22:27:41:055 1124 ab8 Driver DriverUtil marking
{7A1757B9-6308-4F96-91C5-11EFF8C69378}.100 e_detectionStateInstallable
2007-06-29 22:27:41:055 1124 ab8 Driver Matched driver to device
PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_037F&SUBSYS_CB841043&REV_A2
2007-06-29 22:27:41:055 1124 ab8 Driver Status: 0x180000a, ProblemNumber:
00000000
2007-06-29 22:27:41:055 1124 ab8 Driver Calculated driver attributes as
0x00000000
2007-06-29 22:27:42:584 1124 ab8 Agent * Added update
{7A1757B9-6308-4F96-91C5-11EFF8C69378}.100 to search result
2007-06-29 22:27:42:584 1124 ab8 Agent * Found 1 updates and 28 categories
in search
2007-06-29 22:27:42:600 1124 ab8 Agent *********
2007-06-29 22:27:42:600 1124 ab8 Agent ** END ** Agent: Finding updates
[CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2007-06-29 22:27:42:600 1124 ab8 Agent *************
2007-06-29 22:27:42:600 1124 ab8 Report REPORT EVENT:
{14C2E1CB-EE5E-430F-A2AA-04B75ADC352D} 2007-06-29
22:27:32:912-0500 1 202 102 {00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000} 0 0 AutomaticUpdates Success Content Install Reboot completed.
2007-06-29 22:27:42:600 1124 d98 AU >>## RESUMED ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {9DDA9CB5-B752-40D5-8B1A-BCE13BFC62E3}]
2007-06-29 22:27:42:600 1124 d98 AU # 1 updates detected
2007-06-29 22:27:42:600 1124 d98 AU #########
2007-06-29 22:27:42:600 1124 d98 AU ## END ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {9DDA9CB5-B752-40D5-8B1A-BCE13BFC62E3}]
2007-06-29 22:27:42:600 1124 d98 AU #############
2007-06-29 22:27:42:600 1124 d98 AU Setting AU scheduled install time to
2007-07-01 03:00:00
2007-06-29 22:31:32:608 1124 f68 AU Triggering AU detection through
DetectNow API
2007-06-29 22:31:32:608 1124 f68 AU Triggering Online detection (interactive)
2007-06-29 22:31:32:608 1124 f14 AU #############
2007-06-29 22:31:32:608 1124 f14 AU ## START ## AU: Search for updates
2007-06-29 22:31:32:608 1124 f14 AU #########
2007-06-29 22:31:32:623 1124 f14 AU <<## SUBMITTED ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {325D7C08-3CF3-47DA-82DA-B2B23283C96C}]
2007-06-29 22:31:32:623 1124 d98 Agent *************
2007-06-29 22:31:32:623 1124 d98 Agent ** START ** Agent: Finding updates
[CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2007-06-29 22:31:32:623 1124 d98 Agent *********
2007-06-29 22:31:32:623 1124 d98 Setup Checking for agent SelfUpdate
2007-06-29 22:31:32:623 1124 d98 Setup Client version: Core: 6.0.5840.16384
Aux: 6.0.5840.16384
2007-06-29 22:31:38:115 1124 d98 Setup FATAL: Error: Unsupported System
Configuration for Selfupdate and Detection
2007-06-29 22:31:38:115 1124 d98 Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate check failed to
download package information, error = 0x8024D00A
2007-06-29 22:31:38:115 1124 d98 Setup FATAL: SelfUpdate check failed, err =
0x8024D00A
2007-06-29 22:31:38:115 1124 d98 Agent * WARNING: Skipping scan,
self-update check returned 0x8024D00A
2007-06-29 22:31:38:115 1124 d98 Agent * WARNING: Exit code = 0x8024D00A
2007-06-29 22:31:38:115 1124 d98 Agent *********
2007-06-29 22:31:38:115 1124 d98 Agent ** END ** Agent: Finding updates
[CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2007-06-29 22:31:38:115 1124 d98 Agent *************
2007-06-29 22:31:38:115 1124 d98 Agent WARNING: WU client failed Searching
for update with error 0x8024d00a
2007-06-29 22:31:38:115 1124 96c AU >>## RESUMED ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {325D7C08-3CF3-47DA-82DA-B2B23283C96C}]
2007-06-29 22:31:38:115 1124 96c AU # WARNING: Search callback failed,
result = 0x8024D00A
2007-06-29 22:31:38:115 1124 96c AU # WARNING: Failed to find updates with
error code 8024D00A
2007-06-29 22:31:38:115 1124 96c AU #########
2007-06-29 22:31:38:115 1124 96c AU ## END ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {325D7C08-3CF3-47DA-82DA-B2B23283C96C}]
2007-06-29 22:31:38:115 1124 96c AU #############
2007-06-29 22:31:38:115 1124 96c AU AU setting next detection timeout to
2007-06-30 08:31:38
2007-06-29 22:31:38:115 1124 96c AU Setting AU scheduled install time to
2007-07-01 03:00:00
2007-06-29 22:31:43:122 1124 d98 Report REPORT EVENT:
{C52FE9A1-B6A8-4EAB-95D8-CC274E1E77B3} 2007-06-29
22:31:38:115-0500 1 148 101 {D67661EB-2423-451D-BF5D-13199E37DF28} 1 8024d00a SelfUpdate Failure Software
Synchronization Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x8024d00a.

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2007
theredlineboss
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WindowsUpdate_8024D00A WindowsUpdate_dt000
Likewise, I am having the same problem. Running Vista Ultimate, build 5840,
in a home network. My copy of vista was distributed by Microsoft at the
January launch, and is activated.
I am running the beta of Windows Home server on my network, but this issue
occurs even with that machine off, and the connector software turned off.
Last update I was able to receive was on 6-10.

Below is the a portion of windowsupdate.log:

2007-06-30 09:02:21:713 1172 1630 AU Triggering AU detection through
DetectNow API
2007-06-30 09:02:21:713 1172 1630 AU Triggering Online detection (interactive)
2007-06-30 09:02:21:714 1172 1088 AU #############
2007-06-30 09:02:21:714 1172 1088 AU ## START ## AU: Search for updates
2007-06-30 09:02:21:714 1172 1088 AU #########
2007-06-30 09:02:21:720 1172 1088 AU <<## SUBMITTED ## AU: Search for
updates [CallId = {405D7DD0-33B4-4359-949E-EEF7FC8C8689}]
2007-06-30 09:02:21:721 1172 8a0 Agent *************
2007-06-30 09:02:21:721 1172 8a0 Agent ** START ** Agent: Finding updates
[CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2007-06-30 09:02:21:721 1172 8a0 Agent *********
2007-06-30 09:02:21:721 1172 8a0 Setup Checking for agent SelfUpdate
2007-06-30 09:02:21:722 1172 8a0 Setup Client version: Core: 6.0.5840.16384
Aux: 6.0.5840.16384
2007-06-30 09:02:22:399 1172 8a0 Setup FATAL: Error: Unsupported System
Configuration for Selfupdate and Detection
2007-06-30 09:02:22:399 1172 8a0 Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate check failed to
download package information, error = 0x8024D00A
2007-06-30 09:02:22:399 1172 8a0 Setup FATAL: SelfUpdate check failed, err =
0x8024D00A
2007-06-30 09:02:22:399 1172 8a0 Agent * WARNING: Skipping scan,
self-update check returned 0x8024D00A
2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 Agent * WARNING: Exit code = 0x8024D00A
2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 Agent *********
2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 Agent ** END ** Agent: Finding updates
[CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 Agent *************
2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 Agent WARNING: WU client failed Searching
for update with error 0x8024d00a
2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 AU >>## RESUMED ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {405D7DD0-33B4-4359-949E-EEF7FC8C8689}]
2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 AU # WARNING: Search callback failed,
result = 0x8024D00A
2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 AU # WARNING: Failed to find updates with
error code 8024D00A
2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 AU #########
2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 AU ## END ## AU: Search for updates
[CallId = {405D7DD0-33B4-4359-949E-EEF7FC8C8689}]
2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 AU #############
2007-06-30 09:02:22:417 1172 8a0 AU AU setting next detection timeout to
2007-06-30 18:02:22
2007-06-30 09:02:27:399 1172 1148 Report REPORT EVENT:
{39264D3F-55E4-46C1-A3C6-C72B7C602095} 2007-06-30
09:02:22:399-0400 1 148 101 {D67661EB-2423-451D-BF5D-13199E37DF28} 1 8024d00a SelfUpdate Failure Software
Synchronization Windows Update Client failed to detect with error 0x8024d00a.


Regards-
Robert
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-30-2007
Dennis Pack
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WindowsUpdate_8024D00A WindowsUpdate_dt000
theredlineboss:
Build 5840 is a beta build which has expired. You need to purchase a
copy of Vista. The final RTM build is 6000. Have a great day.

--
Dennis Pack
XP x64, Vista Enterprise x64
Office Prof. Plus 2007

"theredlineboss" <theredlineboss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:FEEAA92D-2071-4542-A49A-ABB84A8C5822@microsoft.com...
> Likewise, I am having the same problem. Running Vista Ultimate, build
> 5840,
> in a home network. My copy of vista was distributed by Microsoft at the
> January launch, and is activated.
> I am running the beta of Windows Home server on my network, but this issue
> occurs even with that machine off, and the connector software turned off.
> Last update I was able to receive was on 6-10.
>
> Below is the a portion of windowsupdate.log:
>
> 2007-06-30 09:02:21:713 1172 1630 AU Triggering AU detection through
> DetectNow API
> 2007-06-30 09:02:21:713 1172 1630 AU Triggering Online detection
> (interactive)
> 2007-06-30 09:02:21:714 1172 1088 AU #############
> 2007-06-30 09:02:21:714 1172 1088 AU ## START ## AU: Search for updates
> 2007-06-30 09:02:21:714 1172 1088 AU #########
> 2007-06-30 09:02:21:720 1172 1088 AU <<## SUBMITTED ## AU: Search for
> updates [CallId = {405D7DD0-33B4-4359-949E-EEF7FC8C8689}]
> 2007-06-30 09:02:21:721 1172 8a0 Agent *************
> 2007-06-30 09:02:21:721 1172 8a0 Agent ** START ** Agent: Finding updates
> [CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
> 2007-06-30 09:02:21:721 1172 8a0 Agent *********
> 2007-06-30 09:02:21:721 1172 8a0 Setup Checking for agent SelfUpdate
> 2007-06-30 09:02:21:722 1172 8a0 Setup Client version: Core:
> 6.0.5840.16384
> Aux: 6.0.5840.16384
> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:399 1172 8a0 Setup FATAL: Error: Unsupported System
> Configuration for Selfupdate and Detection
> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:399 1172 8a0 Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate check failed to
> download package information, error = 0x8024D00A
> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:399 1172 8a0 Setup FATAL: SelfUpdate check failed, err
> =
> 0x8024D00A
> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:399 1172 8a0 Agent * WARNING: Skipping scan,
> self-update check returned 0x8024D00A
> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 Agent * WARNING: Exit code = 0x8024D00A
> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 Agent *********
> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 Agent ** END ** Agent: Finding updates
> [CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 Agent *************
> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 Agent WARNING: WU client failed Searching
> for update with error 0x8024d00a
> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 AU >>## RESUMED ## AU: Search for
> updates
> [CallId = {405D7DD0-33B4-4359-949E-EEF7FC8C8689}]
> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 AU # WARNING: Search callback failed,
> result = 0x8024D00A
> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 AU # WARNING: Failed to find updates
> with
> error code 8024D00A
> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 AU #########
> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 AU ## END ## AU: Search for updates
> [CallId = {405D7DD0-33B4-4359-949E-EEF7FC8C8689}]
> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 AU #############
> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:417 1172 8a0 AU AU setting next detection timeout to
> 2007-06-30 18:02:22
> 2007-06-30 09:02:27:399 1172 1148 Report REPORT EVENT:
> {39264D3F-55E4-46C1-A3C6-C72B7C602095} 2007-06-30
> 09:02:22:399-0400 1 148 101 {D67661EB-2423-451D-BF5D-13199E37DF28} 1
> 8024d00a SelfUpdate Failure Software
> Synchronization Windows Update Client failed to detect with error
> 0x8024d00a.
>
>
> Regards-
> Robert


Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2007
Rick Rogers
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WindowsUpdate_8024D00A WindowsUpdate_dt000
Hi Mark,

Your build version shows as 6.0.5840.16384, which is a beta build that is
no longer supported.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

"Mark Elvester" <mmmpc293 at comcast dot net> wrote in message
news:385E2AA5-5BD4-4977-B7C9-4A2DE7C1F362@microsoft.com...
> Rick,
>
> I have been fighting the same problem for about a week. Having read your
> message to Michele I hope she won't mind if you help me also. Part of
> todays
> section of the log is appended at the end.
>
> Thank's for any help you may give.
>
> Mark
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi Michelle,
>>
>> Click start, type 'windowsupdate.log' and hit <enter>, then copy/paste
>> the
>> details from the most recent session (at the bottom) into a reply.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,
>>
>> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>> My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
>>
>> "Michelle" <GirlFriendTess@hotmail.com(NoSpamPlease)> wrote in message
>> news:97D92FA4-AD1C-45F4-B5DC-6F42CD6E0E51@microsoft.com...
>> > Just minding my own business and decided to check for any windows
>> > updates
>> > because I saw a flash informing me that an upgrade for Windows Vista
>> > was
>> > available to address some minor problems with my computer. Anyway, when
>> > I
>> > tried to check for any updates, I received a notice telling me that
>> > "Windows
>> > could not search for new updates" and the following subject was
>> > displayed
>> > "WindowsUpdate_8024D00A WindowsUpdate_dt000". A search of the online
>> > Knowledge Base turned up no results??? Any ideas what is going on
>> > here???
>> > --
>> > Michelle

>>
>>


<snip>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2007
Rick Rogers
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WindowsUpdate_8024D00A WindowsUpdate_dt000
Yep.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

"Dennis Pack" <dennispack@hotmail.nospam.com> wrote in message
news:E5D271D2-14B2-4960-A96E-A5AD2EDD7B70@microsoft.com...
> theredlineboss:
> Build 5840 is a beta build which has expired. You need to purchase
> a copy of Vista. The final RTM build is 6000. Have a great day.
>
> --
> Dennis Pack
> XP x64, Vista Enterprise x64
> Office Prof. Plus 2007
>
> "theredlineboss" <theredlineboss@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:FEEAA92D-2071-4542-A49A-ABB84A8C5822@microsoft.com...
>> Likewise, I am having the same problem. Running Vista Ultimate, build
>> 5840,
>> in a home network. My copy of vista was distributed by Microsoft at the
>> January launch, and is activated.
>> I am running the beta of Windows Home server on my network, but this
>> issue
>> occurs even with that machine off, and the connector software turned off.
>> Last update I was able to receive was on 6-10.
>>
>> Below is the a portion of windowsupdate.log:
>>
>> 2007-06-30 09:02:21:713 1172 1630 AU Triggering AU detection through
>> DetectNow API
>> 2007-06-30 09:02:21:713 1172 1630 AU Triggering Online detection
>> (interactive)
>> 2007-06-30 09:02:21:714 1172 1088 AU #############
>> 2007-06-30 09:02:21:714 1172 1088 AU ## START ## AU: Search for updates
>> 2007-06-30 09:02:21:714 1172 1088 AU #########
>> 2007-06-30 09:02:21:720 1172 1088 AU <<## SUBMITTED ## AU: Search for
>> updates [CallId = {405D7DD0-33B4-4359-949E-EEF7FC8C8689}]
>> 2007-06-30 09:02:21:721 1172 8a0 Agent *************
>> 2007-06-30 09:02:21:721 1172 8a0 Agent ** START ** Agent: Finding
>> updates
>> [CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
>> 2007-06-30 09:02:21:721 1172 8a0 Agent *********
>> 2007-06-30 09:02:21:721 1172 8a0 Setup Checking for agent SelfUpdate
>> 2007-06-30 09:02:21:722 1172 8a0 Setup Client version: Core:
>> 6.0.5840.16384
>> Aux: 6.0.5840.16384
>> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:399 1172 8a0 Setup FATAL: Error: Unsupported System
>> Configuration for Selfupdate and Detection
>> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:399 1172 8a0 Setup WARNING: SelfUpdate check failed
>> to
>> download package information, error = 0x8024D00A
>> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:399 1172 8a0 Setup FATAL: SelfUpdate check failed,
>> err =
>> 0x8024D00A
>> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:399 1172 8a0 Agent * WARNING: Skipping scan,
>> self-update check returned 0x8024D00A
>> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 Agent * WARNING: Exit code =
>> 0x8024D00A
>> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 Agent *********
>> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 Agent ** END ** Agent: Finding
>> updates
>> [CallerId = AutomaticUpdates]
>> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 Agent *************
>> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 Agent WARNING: WU client failed
>> Searching
>> for update with error 0x8024d00a
>> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 AU >>## RESUMED ## AU: Search for
>> updates
>> [CallId = {405D7DD0-33B4-4359-949E-EEF7FC8C8689}]
>> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 AU # WARNING: Search callback failed,
>> result = 0x8024D00A
>> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 AU # WARNING: Failed to find updates
>> with
>> error code 8024D00A
>> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 AU #########
>> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 AU ## END ## AU: Search for updates
>> [CallId = {405D7DD0-33B4-4359-949E-EEF7FC8C8689}]
>> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:416 1172 8a0 AU #############
>> 2007-06-30 09:02:22:417 1172 8a0 AU AU setting next detection timeout to
>> 2007-06-30 18:02:22
>> 2007-06-30 09:02:27:399 1172 1148 Report REPORT EVENT:
>> {39264D3F-55E4-46C1-A3C6-C72B7C602095} 2007-06-30
>> 09:02:22:399-0400 1 148 101 {D67661EB-2423-451D-BF5D-13199E37DF28} 1
>> 8024d00a SelfUpdate Failure Software
>> Synchronization Windows Update Client failed to detect with error
>> 0x8024d00a.
>>
>>
>> Regards-
>> Robert

>


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2007
Mark Elvester
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WindowsUpdate_8024D00A WindowsUpdate_dt000
Hi Rick,

Sorry, I have one more question. I received my copy at the launch this year.
Did I misunderstand? Was that only supposed to be a beta version?

I did not install it till the beginning of May because I was building a new
computer to install it on. Did I miss some upgrade date?

Mark
Thank you again for your help.


"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> Your build version shows as 6.0.5840.16384, which is a beta build that is
> no longer supported.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,
>
> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
>
> "Mark Elvester" <mmmpc293 at comcast dot net> wrote in message
> news:385E2AA5-5BD4-4977-B7C9-4A2DE7C1F362@microsoft.com...
> > Rick,
> >
> > I have been fighting the same problem for about a week. Having read your
> > message to Michele I hope she won't mind if you help me also. Part of
> > todays
> > section of the log is appended at the end.
> >
> > Thank's for any help you may give.
> >
> > Mark
> >
> > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Michelle,
> >>
> >> Click start, type 'windowsupdate.log' and hit <enter>, then copy/paste
> >> the
> >> details from the most recent session (at the bottom) into a reply.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,
> >>
> >> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> >> My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
> >>
> >> "Michelle" <GirlFriendTess@hotmail.com(NoSpamPlease)> wrote in message
> >> news:97D92FA4-AD1C-45F4-B5DC-6F42CD6E0E51@microsoft.com...
> >> > Just minding my own business and decided to check for any windows
> >> > updates
> >> > because I saw a flash informing me that an upgrade for Windows Vista
> >> > was
> >> > available to address some minor problems with my computer. Anyway, when
> >> > I
> >> > tried to check for any updates, I received a notice telling me that
> >> > "Windows
> >> > could not search for new updates" and the following subject was
> >> > displayed
> >> > "WindowsUpdate_8024D00A WindowsUpdate_dt000". A search of the online
> >> > Knowledge Base turned up no results??? Any ideas what is going on
> >> > here???
> >> > --
> >> > Michelle
> >>
> >>

>
> <snip>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-01-2007
Rick Rogers
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WindowsUpdate_8024D00A WindowsUpdate_dt000
Hi Mark,

Apparently you were given one of the prerelease builds, not a final version.
I wasn't at any of the launches, so I don't know what they were handing out.
Run winver from the start prompt, the final build is 6000, if yours reads
otherwise then you have a beta build and it's no longer being supported.
You'd have to purchase a release version if this is the case.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

"Mark Elvester" <mmmpc293 at comcast dot net> wrote in message
news:8BEFCFFD-D222-4EDD-8C57-3839075B41D2@microsoft.com...
> Hi Rick,
>
> Sorry, I have one more question. I received my copy at the launch this
> year.
> Did I misunderstand? Was that only supposed to be a beta version?
>
> I did not install it till the beginning of May because I was building a
> new
> computer to install it on. Did I miss some upgrade date?
>
> Mark
> Thank you again for your help.
>
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> Your build version shows as 6.0.5840.16384, which is a beta build that
>> is
>> no longer supported.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,
>>
>> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>> My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
>>
>> "Mark Elvester" <mmmpc293 at comcast dot net> wrote in message
>> news:385E2AA5-5BD4-4977-B7C9-4A2DE7C1F362@microsoft.com...
>> > Rick,
>> >
>> > I have been fighting the same problem for about a week. Having read
>> > your
>> > message to Michele I hope she won't mind if you help me also. Part of
>> > todays
>> > section of the log is appended at the end.
>> >
>> > Thank's for any help you may give.
>> >
>> > Mark
>> >
>> > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Hi Michelle,
>> >>
>> >> Click start, type 'windowsupdate.log' and hit <enter>, then copy/paste
>> >> the
>> >> details from the most recent session (at the bottom) into a reply.
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> Best of Luck,
>> >>
>> >> Rick Rogers, aka "Nutcase" - Microsoft MVP
>> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>> >> My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
>> >>
>> >> "Michelle" <GirlFriendTess@hotmail.com(NoSpamPlease)> wrote in message
>> >> news:97D92FA4-AD1C-45F4-B5DC-6F42CD6E0E51@microsoft.com...
>> >> > Just minding my own business and decided to check for any windows
>> >> > updates
>> >> > because I saw a flash informing me that an upgrade for Windows Vista
>> >> > was
>> >> > available to address some minor problems with my computer. Anyway,
>> >> > when
>> >> > I
>> >> > tried to check for any updates, I received a notice telling me that
>> >> > "Windows
>> >> > could not search for new updates" and the following subject was
>> >> > displayed
>> >> > "WindowsUpdate_8024D00A WindowsUpdate_dt000". A search of the online
>> >> > Knowledge Base turned up no results??? Any ideas what is going on
>> >> > here???
>> >> > --
>> >> > Michelle
>> >>
>> >>

>>
>> <snip>
>>
>>


Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 07-06-2007
Mark Elvester
 

Posts: n/a
Re: WindowsUpdate_8024D00A WindowsUpdate_dt000
Robert,

Did you find out if there was supposed to be an upgrade for those who went
to the launch? Or are we supposed to go out and buy the upgrade. I'm supposed
to have a valid license so I thought they might have a demo version on the MS
website that I could download. I was then going to apply my license to that.
I can't find any info. on this. Please, let me know if you discover anything.

Mark


"theredlineboss" wrote:

> Likewise, I am having the same problem. Running Vista Ultimate, build 5840,
> in a home network. My copy of vista was distributed by Microsoft at the
> January launch, and is activated.
> I am running the beta of Windows Home server on my network, but this issue
> occurs even with that machine off, and the connector software turned off.
> Last update I was able to receive was on 6-10.
>
>
> Regards-
> Robert

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
WindowsUpdate_8000FFFF WindowsUpdate_dt000 =?Utf-8?B?RXJpYyBzaGF3?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 16 11-26-2009 06:11
WindowsUpdate_80096004 WindowsUpdate_dt000" =?Utf-8?B?YWJsZW1hbjI=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 2 03-20-2007 00:23




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 07:54.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120