blocking approved applets

Sally

blocking approved applets
I am part of a 'group' that has its own chat room.
I had no trouble getting into the web site with XP but Vista blocks the ActiveX control that is required, even though I approved it.
The notice comes up, "Windows has blocked this software because it can't verify the publisher.
It does not give me a choice to ignore, just ok that it is blocked, and won't let me get into the site.
I have searched for help on this, but nothing comes up.
Please help.

Malke

Sally wrote:
> It has been almost 2 weeks. no one has an answer???
>
> "Sally " <ladytyger@shaw.ca <mailto:ladytyger@shaw.ca>> wrote in
> message news:F32165AC-1D88-407D-980C-C086A456E43C@microsoft.com...
> I am part of a 'group' that has its own chat room.
> I had no trouble getting into the web site with XP but Vista blocks
> the ActiveX control that is required, even though I approved it.
> The notice comes up, "Windows has blocked this software because it
> can't verify the publisher.
> It does not give me a choice to ignore, just ok that it is blocked,
> and won't let me get into the site.
> I have searched for help on this, but nothing comes up.
> Please help.

If no one has given you an answer, it is probably because no one has an
answer. We don't know what the website is or what chat software is being
used.

You should contact the webmaster at the site hosting your chat room and
ask whether the chat software they are using is Vista-compatible. Tell
them what the problem is and have them solve the issue with their site,
their software.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers