VISTA64 fails to enter sleep mode

Damorsoft

VISTA64 fails to enter sleep mode

I know there is some people having this problem, so far there does not
seem to be a fix for this.
The computer attempts to got to sleep but it just starts up again and
carries on.
I have removed all USB devices except for the mouse (no options).
Downloaded the latest drivers from nvidea, my p5b-e bios is 1202 and
is the latest available.

Sleep is good, as it does help reduce power use, so it would be nice
to have.

John Hanley

Re: VISTA64 fails to enter sleep mode

"Damorsoft" <kbrockd@spam.ca> wrote in message

> I know there is some people having this problem, so far there does not
> seem to be a fix for this.
> The computer attempts to got to sleep but it just starts up again and
> carries on.
> I have removed all USB devices except for the mouse (no options).
> Downloaded the latest drivers from nvidea, my p5b-e bios is 1202 and
> is the latest available.
>
> Sleep is good, as it does help reduce power use, so it would be nice
> to have.

I am having similar problem with my Vista 32 bit machine. Furthermore: if I
press the Sleep button again after the first attempt, the whole computer
locks up and will require a hard power off and restart, with all the
attendant blue and black screens. If you are up for a further negative
experience, try invoking sleep a 2nd time right after the first try starts
up again. (Seriously, this would be just if you are curious about how
things behave....)

"John Hanley" <jphanley@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

> "Damorsoft" <kbrockd@spam.ca> wrote in message
>>
>> I know there is some people having this problem, so far there does not
>> seem to be a fix for this.
>> The computer attempts to got to sleep but it just starts up again and
>> carries on.
>> I have removed all USB devices except for the mouse (no options).
>> Downloaded the latest drivers from nvidea, my p5b-e bios is 1202 and
>> is the latest available.
>>
>> Sleep is good, as it does help reduce power use, so it would be nice
>> to have.
>>

> I am having similar problem with my Vista 32 bit machine. Furthermore: if
> I press the Sleep button again after the first attempt, the whole computer
> locks up and will require a hard power off and restart, with all the
> attendant blue and black screens. If you are up for a further negative
> experience, try invoking sleep a 2nd time right after the first try starts
> up again. (Seriously, this would be just if you are curious about how
> things behave....)

Just FYI -- I paid a visit to a local electronics store and tested the Vista
sleep functionality on several machines they had out on display. Each of
them went to sleep and woke up properly; so it will work. Evidently I have
done something to my machine that has buggered the sleep function. If I
figure it out, will share here. I may have to do a Recovery to factory
installation to get rid of whatever I did. Bah.