Battery meter not showing time remaining

diesel

Battery meter not showing time remaining
In my Laptop with Vista Home Prem installed the battery meter in the system
tray only shows the percentage of battery life remaining. It does not show
the estimated time remaining. My two other Vista Premium laptops did display
both the % and time estimate.

Is there a setting to turn it on?

Thanks.
Rick Rogers

Re: Battery meter not showing time remaining
Hi,

My HP laptop only shows the charge percentage as well and I know of no way
to alter this. I suspect that what is displayed is determined by the power
management drivers, so there are no settings that can be adjusted. Time
remaining under battery power is very dependent on the level of usage as
well, so any estimations of time remaining (which is all those really are,
estimates) based on percentage of discharge could be off considerably if
usage is heavy or light.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"diesel" <diesel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In my Laptop with Vista Home Prem installed the battery meter in the
> system
> tray only shows the percentage of battery life remaining. It does not
> show
> the estimated time remaining. My two other Vista Premium laptops did
> display
> both the % and time estimate.
>
> Is there a setting to turn it on?
>
> Thanks.

diesel

Re: Battery meter not showing time remaining
Thanks for the reply.

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> My HP laptop only shows the charge percentage as well and I know of no way
> to alter this. I suspect that what is displayed is determined by the power
> management drivers, so there are no settings that can be adjusted. Time
> remaining under battery power is very dependent on the level of usage as
> well, so any estimations of time remaining (which is all those really are,
> estimates) based on percentage of discharge could be off considerably if
> usage is heavy or light.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "diesel" <diesel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > In my Laptop with Vista Home Prem installed the battery meter in the
> > system
> > tray only shows the percentage of battery life remaining. It does not
> > show
> > the estimated time remaining. My two other Vista Premium laptops did
> > display
> > both the % and time estimate.
> >
> > Is there a setting to turn it on?
> >
> > Thanks.

nycebo

Re: Battery meter not showing time remaining
So what? I used to have time remaining as well. The question isn't whether
or not it's accurate, it's why the remaining time disappeared in the first
place. I've seen two other laptops that show it. What's the deal?

> Thanks for the reply.
>

> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> My HP laptop only shows the charge percentage as well and I know of no
>> way
>> to alter this. I suspect that what is displayed is determined by the
>> power
>> management drivers, so there are no settings that can be adjusted. Time
>> remaining under battery power is very dependent on the level of usage as
>> well, so any estimations of time remaining (which is all those really
>> are,
>> estimates) based on percentage of discharge could be off considerably if
>> usage is heavy or light.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "diesel" <diesel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > In my Laptop with Vista Home Prem installed the battery meter in the
>> > system
>> > tray only shows the percentage of battery life remaining. It does not
>> > show
>> > the estimated time remaining. My two other Vista Premium laptops did
>> > display
>> > both the % and time estimate.
>> >
>> > Is there a setting to turn it on?
>> >
>> > Thanks.

Oz

RE: Battery meter not showing time remaining
I also have and HP. I've thought of deleting hp drivers, but I'm not sure I
should do so. Why does Microsoft have to reinvent the wheel? Why aren't we
getting our darn minutes displayed. Can anyone please help?