freezing screen no sound coming out either

kettleonkel

freezing screen no sound coming out either
ok well here goes this could be 1 problem connected or 2 different problems.

well start up the comp and all is well if either playing a song or games
after about 10 mins i completely lose sound and sometime i can get it back
but other times only rebooting will restore it. the other thing that happens
is that there is a crackling noise and comp freezes not even able to move
mouse so reboot needed there also.
i have checked all drivers and no red crosses or yellow symbols which
suggest all is ok with it.

do i need new speakers is it the sound card all this is going through my
mind so i thought i would ask.

many thanks
Mark Maylon

Re: freezing screen no sound coming out either
Please List your current hardware , especially the type of sound card. I had
a similar issues with a sound blaster and ac'97 . Both turned out to be
driver issues.

Mark

"kettleonkel" <kettleonkel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ok well here goes this could be 1 problem connected or 2 different
> problems.
>
> well start up the comp and all is well if either playing a song or games
> after about 10 mins i completely lose sound and sometime i can get it back
> but other times only rebooting will restore it. the other thing that
> happens
> is that there is a crackling noise and comp freezes not even able to move
> mouse so reboot needed there also.
> i have checked all drivers and no red crosses or yellow symbols which
> suggest all is ok with it.
>
> do i need new speakers is it the sound card all this is going through my
> mind so i thought i would ask.
>
> many thanks

kettleonkel

Re: freezing screen no sound coming out either
ok hope this helps legacy audio drivers or avance ac'97 audio for VIA (R)
AUDIO CONTROLLER i was unsure which is sound card i use xp home edition sp2
thanks for reply