Cookies for Windows Vista

lmm0611

Cookies for Windows Vista
I cant find cookies for windows vista
Rick Rogers

Re: Cookies for Windows Vista
Hi,

They're here:
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\ Cookies

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"lmm0611" <lmm0611@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I cant find cookies for windows vista

lmm0611

Re: Cookies for Windows Vista
i still cant find them if you could give more details

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> They're here:
> C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\ Cookies
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "lmm0611" <lmm0611@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I cant find cookies for windows vista

Dave

Re: Cookies for Windows Vista
You need to show hidden files.
Open Windows Explorer,
click on Organize
Folder and Search options
View
Hidden Files and Folders
Show hidden files and folders
OK

"lmm0611" <lmm0611@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsEE9A5E2-6DD1-49B0-A837-50FB174ECBE1@microsoft.com...
>i still cant find them if you could give more details
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> They're here:
>> C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\ Cookies
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "lmm0611" <lmm0611@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I cant find cookies for windows vista

lmm0611

Re: Cookies for Windows Vista
i went to AppData then Roaming then Microsoft then Windows and there is no
Cookie folder there

"Dave" wrote:

> You need to show hidden files.
> Open Windows Explorer,
> click on Organize
> Folder and Search options
> View
> Hidden Files and Folders
> Show hidden files and folders
> OK
>

> "lmm0611" <lmm0611@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> newsEE9A5E2-6DD1-49B0-A837-50FB174ECBE1@microsoft.com...
> >i still cant find them if you could give more details
> >
> > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> They're here:
> >> C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\ Cookies
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,

> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Dave

Re: Cookies for Windows Vista
Somebody ate them?

I have 113 cookies in my Cookies folder... and I hardly ever use IE.

>i went to AppData then Roaming then Microsoft then Windows and there is no
> Cookie folder there
>
> "Dave" wrote:
>
>> You need to show hidden files.
>> Open Windows Explorer,
>> click on Organize
>> Folder and Search options
>> View
>> Hidden Files and Folders
>> Show hidden files and folders
>> OK
>>

>> "lmm0611" <lmm0611@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> newsEE9A5E2-6DD1-49B0-A837-50FB174ECBE1@microsoft.com...
>> >i still cant find them if you could give more details

Xenomorph

Re: Cookies for Windows Vista
lol

I found a Twinkie for Windows Vista one time

"lmm0611" <lmm0611@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I cant find cookies for windows vista

Rick Rogers

Re: Cookies for Windows Vista
Hi,

It is, you just don't see it as it's a hidden system folder normally. Just
type it into the address bar and it will come up.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"lmm0611" <lmm0611@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i went to AppData then Roaming then Microsoft then Windows and there is no
> Cookie folder there
>
> "Dave" wrote:
>
>> You need to show hidden files.
>> Open Windows Explorer,
>> click on Organize
>> Folder and Search options
>> View
>> Hidden Files and Folders
>> Show hidden files and folders
>> OK
>>

>> "lmm0611" <lmm0611@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> newsEE9A5E2-6DD1-49B0-A837-50FB174ECBE1@microsoft.com...
>> >i still cant find them if you could give more details

Brad

Re: Cookies for Windows Vista
I am using Vista Home Premium. I routinely monitory browser cookies and
manually block most third-party cookies (doubleclick and other marketing
crapshoot like that).

My cookies used to be in a path
C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\ Cookies\Low

Only three are in Cookies, but I would find many under \Low.

After one of my automated updates, the Low directory is no longer visible.

I verified that my setting for Organize > Folder and Search options > View
Hidden Files and Folders > Show hidden files and folders was selected.

That made no difference.

How may I find all cookies, please?

> "lmm0611" <lmm0611@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I cant find cookies for windows vista

brink

Brad;453203 Wrote:
> I am using Vista Home Premium. I routinely monitory browser cookies and
> manually block most third-party cookies (doubleclick and other
> marketing
> crapshoot like that).
>
> My cookies used to be in a path
> C:\Users\<user>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\ Cookies\Low
>
> Only three are in Cookies, but I would find many under \Low.
>
> After one of my automated updates, the Low directory is no longer
> visible.
>
> I verified that my setting for Organize > Folder and Search options >
> View
> Hidden Files and Folders > Show hidden files and folders was selected.
>
> That made no difference.
>
> How may I find all cookies, please?

Hi Brad,

You almost have it.

You will need to have "Show hidden files and folders" dotted, and "Hide
protected operating system files" unchecked in Folder Options.

A free program called CCleaner has a great built-in cookie manager and
a lot more. You might check it out.

'CCleaner - Home' (http://ccleaner.com/)

Shawn

--