BlueScreen and then some

Jsny05

BlueScreen and then some
Just recently bought a new laptop, with Vista premium on it. oh 5 days ive
had it, Vista has BlueScreened on my TWICE!

another little annoying thing is the little pop ups that ask if you wish to
continue. now lets thing about this, if i clicked on a program to run, then i
want it to RUN. i dont want some little window that pops up and asks if i
want to Continue or cancel. And also ive had problems while using Firefox. To
me it seems that Vista does not like firefox on account that it keeps saying
that firefox has caused a problem (when it didnt) and that the only solution
is to close it. now after repeated problems while using firefox and repeated
error messages, Vista has froze up and by that i mean the screen blinks off
and then comes back on with the Blue screen. Now the simple answer to this
from most of you is to stop using firefox and to use internet explorer. I
don't think so. I despise using explorer as i have encountered problems with
IE 7.

So now MY SOLUTION to this whole problem is Goodbye Vista, and Hello again
to XP! I never liked Vista from the get go when it was released on account of
it resembles Mac OSX A LOT! That and Vista is a resource hog. I have Dual
AMD 64 bit processors and a gig of memory, and when i look at my task
manager, i seem to be using more than half of the memory on this thing. And i
Barely have a thing on here. First thing i killed was that Side Bar. That
alone ate up alot of power.

So that is about how i feel with Microsoft Vista.
Lord Takyon

Re: BlueScreen and then some
"Jsny05" <Jsny05@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just recently bought a new laptop, with Vista premium on it. oh 5 days ive
> had it, Vista has BlueScreened on my TWICE!
>
> another little annoying thing is the little pop ups that ask if you wish
> continue. now lets thing about this, if i clicked on a program to run,
> then i
> want it to RUN. i dont want some little window that pops up and asks if i
> want to Continue or cancel. And also ive had problems while using Firefox.
> me it seems that Vista does not like firefox on account that it keeps
> saying
> that firefox has caused a problem (when it didnt) and that the only
> solution
> is to close it. now after repeated problems while using firefox and
> repeated
> error messages, Vista has froze up and by that i mean the screen blinks
> off
> and then comes back on with the Blue screen. Now the simple answer to this
> from most of you is to stop using firefox and to use internet explorer. I
> don't think so. I despise using explorer as i have encountered problems
> with
> IE 7.
>
> So now MY SOLUTION to this whole problem is Goodbye Vista, and Hello again
> to XP! I never liked Vista from the get go when it was released on account
> of
> it resembles Mac OSX A LOT! That and Vista is a resource hog. I have Dual
> AMD 64 bit processors and a gig of memory, and when i look at my task
> manager, i seem to be using more than half of the memory on this thing.
> And i
> Barely have a thing on here. First thing i killed was that Side Bar. That
> alone ate up alot of power.
>
> So that is about how i feel with Microsoft Vista.

That irritating pop up is called UAC, it can be turned off.

Also, if your laptop came with Vista pre-installed have you removed all the
crap and trimmed up the stuff that runs at startup?

--
Can't think of a sig at the moment.
Read this instead.

Lord Takyon

Re: BlueScreen and then some
"Jsny05" <Jsny05@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just recently bought a new laptop, with Vista premium on it. oh 5 days ive
> had it, Vista has BlueScreened on my TWICE!
>
> another little annoying thing is the little pop ups that ask if you wish
> continue. now lets thing about this, if i clicked on a program to run,
> then i
> want it to RUN. i dont want some little window that pops up and asks if i
> want to Continue or cancel. And also ive had problems while using Firefox.
> me it seems that Vista does not like firefox on account that it keeps
> saying
> that firefox has caused a problem (when it didnt) and that the only
> solution
> is to close it. now after repeated problems while using firefox and
> repeated
> error messages, Vista has froze up and by that i mean the screen blinks
> off
> and then comes back on with the Blue screen. Now the simple answer to this
> from most of you is to stop using firefox and to use internet explorer. I
> don't think so. I despise using explorer as i have encountered problems
> with
> IE 7.
>
> So now MY SOLUTION to this whole problem is Goodbye Vista, and Hello again
> to XP! I never liked Vista from the get go when it was released on account
> of
> it resembles Mac OSX A LOT! That and Vista is a resource hog. I have Dual
> AMD 64 bit processors and a gig of memory, and when i look at my task
> manager, i seem to be using more than half of the memory on this thing.
> And i
> Barely have a thing on here. First thing i killed was that Side Bar. That
> alone ate up alot of power.
>
> So that is about how i feel with Microsoft Vista.

Also, Vista manages memory differently from XP, it does tend to use more.
Although, like I said in other post, trim up the crap that may be starting
with Vista, it made a huge difference for me.

--
Can't think of a sig at the moment.
Read this instead.

Rock

Re: BlueScreen and then some
"Jsny05" <Jsny05@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> Just recently bought a new laptop, with Vista premium on it. oh 5 days ive
> had it, Vista has BlueScreened on my TWICE!

This is an issue with the setup from the laptop manufacturer. If they ship
you a new computer that blue screens, then they didn't do their job
correctly. Don't blame the OS.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]