How to turn off Disc Cleanup

Disc Cleanup

How to turn off Disc Cleanup
Hey there. My windows vista has disc cleanup automatically set to run.
Around every 30 days, I find my media content licenses have been deleted. I
have Windows Media Player 11, which does not allow the backing up of licenses.

How do I turn off the automatic Disc Cleanup feature? Or where do I find
the file where licenses are kept so that I can back them up?
kurtiscragun

RE: How to turn off Disc Cleanup
first did you check
start menu, all programs, accessories, system tools, task scheduler
ifthisisnotit repost and i will post additional solutions i hope this helps.

"Disc Cleanup" wrote:

> Hey there. My windows vista has disc cleanup automatically set to run.
> Around every 30 days, I find my media content licenses have been deleted. I
> have Windows Media Player 11, which does not allow the backing up of licenses.
>
> How do I turn off the automatic Disc Cleanup feature? Or where do I find
> the file where licenses are kept so that I can back them up?

Disc Cleanup

RE: How to turn off Disc Cleanup
I went to the task scheduler, but the disc cleanup is not scheduled to be
done automatically that I can see. Any other ideas?

"kurtiscragun" wrote:

> first did you check
> start menu, all programs, accessories, system tools, task scheduler
> ifthisisnotit repost and i will post additional solutions i hope this helps.
>
> "Disc Cleanup" wrote:
>
> > Hey there. My windows vista has disc cleanup automatically set to run.
> > Around every 30 days, I find my media content licenses have been deleted. I
> > have Windows Media Player 11, which does not allow the backing up of licenses.
> >
> > How do I turn off the automatic Disc Cleanup feature? Or where do I find
> > the file where licenses are kept so that I can back them up?

.Joe

Disc Cleanup;350091 Wrote:
> I went to the task scheduler, but the disc cleanup is not scheduled to
> be
> done automatically that I can see. Any other ideas?
>

> "kurtiscragun" wrote:
>
> > first did you check
> > start menu, all programs, accessories, system tools, task scheduler
> > ifthisisnotit repost and i will post additional solutions i hope this

> helps.
> >
> > "Disc Cleanup" wrote:
> >
> > > Hey there. My windows vista has disc cleanup automatically set to

> run.
> > > Around every 30 days, I find my media content licenses have been

> deleted. I
> > > have Windows Media Player 11, which does not allow the backing up

> of licenses.
> > >
> > > How do I turn off the automatic Disc Cleanup feature? Or where do I

> find
> > > the file where licenses are kept so that I can back them up?

Disc Cleanup * Warning *

I used disc clean up this morning. There were some additional options
for user "backup" or "temp" files. It was a large number (in GB). But I
went ahead and used it anyway.

Very bad.

It deleted all my icons and program menu shortcuts. It is *NOT*
recommended that you use Microsofts Disc Cleanup program.

Thank goodness, I imaged my hard drive last night after installing SP1.

If you'd like to see the imager I used that has now saved me twice,
visit this thread. There are several utilities that I recommend for
Vista:

'Short List of Utilities for Vista'
(http://www.vistax64.com/software/139...ies-vista.html)

--
.Joe

_[image:
http://uswave.net/vistax64/joetmvx64.png] (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
_*::Click_here_for_the_Vista_Forums::* (\"http://www.vistax64.com/index.php?referrerid=17621\")_
_CPU-Z_Verified (\"http://valid.x86-secret.com/show_oc.php?id=323179\")_
Mick Murphy

Re: How to turn off Disc Cleanup
Whatever you are using is NOT vista disk cleanup!!

Get rid of your 3rd party software!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia