Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Screen Flickering

microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2007
Rachysunshine
 

Posts: n/a
Screen Flickering
My screen has been flickering ever since I installed Vista in Feb 07. Have
searched for solutions to no avail. The flickering used to temporarily stop
when computer went into sleep mode. It now flickers all the time. Anyone
have ideas on how to fix this?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2007
Neil Harley
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Screen Flickering
Rachysunshine wrote:
> My screen has been flickering ever since I installed Vista in Feb 07. Have
> searched for solutions to no avail. The flickering used to temporarily stop
> when computer went into sleep mode. It now flickers all the time. Anyone
> have ideas on how to fix this?


faulty monitor maybe? can you hook it up to another computer and see if
it's the same? Or hook another monitor to your pc and see if that flickers.
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-25-2007
Tim
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Screen Flickering
Hard to tell exactly what you mean by flickering (i.e. display goes
completely black and then back on...an extreme flicker...or if it's more of
a "60 Hertz" flicker). If this is a CRT monitor have you tried adjusting the
screen refresh rate?

Tim

"Rachysunshine" <Rachysunshine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:218B95B9-48E6-43A1-809A-EDE7DB2EEEEF@microsoft.com...
> My screen has been flickering ever since I installed Vista in Feb 07.
> Have
> searched for solutions to no avail. The flickering used to temporarily
> stop
> when computer went into sleep mode. It now flickers all the time. Anyone
> have ideas on how to fix this?


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-26-2007
Rachysunshine
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Screen Flickering
I have tried that. The flickering is more of flashing a copy of whatever
happens to be on the moniter at the time. I have tried updating my drivers
and all that jazz. The moniter is a flat panel lcd.

"Neil Harley" wrote:

> Rachysunshine wrote:
> > My screen has been flickering ever since I installed Vista in Feb 07. Have
> > searched for solutions to no avail. The flickering used to temporarily stop
> > when computer went into sleep mode. It now flickers all the time. Anyone
> > have ideas on how to fix this?

>
> faulty monitor maybe? can you hook it up to another computer and see if
> it's the same? Or hook another monitor to your pc and see if that flickers.
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-26-2007
Rachysunshine
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Screen Flickering
The flickering is more of flashing a copy of whatever happens to be on the
screen at the time. I have tried updating my drivers and all that jazz.
The moniter is a flat panel lcd. I'm glad I don't get seizures because all
this flashing would surely bring one on!


"Tim" wrote:

> Hard to tell exactly what you mean by flickering (i.e. display goes
> completely black and then back on...an extreme flicker...or if it's more of
> a "60 Hertz" flicker). If this is a CRT monitor have you tried adjusting the
> screen refresh rate?
>
> Tim
>
> "Rachysunshine" <Rachysunshine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:218B95B9-48E6-43A1-809A-EDE7DB2EEEEF@microsoft.com...
> > My screen has been flickering ever since I installed Vista in Feb 07.
> > Have
> > searched for solutions to no avail. The flickering used to temporarily
> > stop
> > when computer went into sleep mode. It now flickers all the time. Anyone
> > have ideas on how to fix this?

>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-23-2007
Merrick
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Screen Flickering
Hi. I'm having a similar problem. In my case, at random times, the screen
will flicker, then everything that was there becomes bigger then flicker back
to normal size. It never lasts more than a few seconds and can occur anywhere
from once to about 7 times in an hour. It's so annoying. Anyone, please
help. I've read that flickering is a common problem with Vista. I just
haven't come across one where everything on screen becomes enlarged. I dont
really know where to go. Thanks.



"Rachysunshine" wrote:

> The flickering is more of flashing a copy of whatever happens to be on the
> screen at the time. I have tried updating my drivers and all that jazz.
> The moniter is a flat panel lcd. I'm glad I don't get seizures because all
> this flashing would surely bring one on!
>
>
> "Tim" wrote:
>
> > Hard to tell exactly what you mean by flickering (i.e. display goes
> > completely black and then back on...an extreme flicker...or if it's more of
> > a "60 Hertz" flicker). If this is a CRT monitor have you tried adjusting the
> > screen refresh rate?
> >
> > Tim
> >
> > "Rachysunshine" <Rachysunshine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:218B95B9-48E6-43A1-809A-EDE7DB2EEEEF@microsoft.com...
> > > My screen has been flickering ever since I installed Vista in Feb 07.
> > > Have
> > > searched for solutions to no avail. The flickering used to temporarily
> > > stop
> > > when computer went into sleep mode. It now flickers all the time. Anyone
> > > have ideas on how to fix this?

> >

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-25-2007
stallen
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Screen Flickering

Alright guys I signed up for this forum just to provide you with the
fix/work-around for screen flicker.

I've seen people blame everything from audio drivers to integrated
graphics for this issue, however these are not the causes.

Microsoft has a service called Transient Multimon Manager (TMM). This
(supposedly) makes it easier to run multiple displays. It also causes
the annoying flash we all hate so much.

Here's how to fix it:
- Click on the Start button (pearl? ball? orb?).
- Type "Task Scheduler" and hit Enter.
- On the left-hand side, click "Task Scheduler Local" (you should
already be there, but just in case).
- Expand "Task Scheduler Library," then "Microsoft," then "Windows,"
then click "MobilePC."
- Up top, you'll see a task called "TMM." Click it, and on the
right-hand side, click "Disable."
- You're done. [image:
http://forum.notebookreview.com/imag...ies/smile.gif]
It seems that this fix is great if you
are not using an external monitor. If you need to use an external
monitor you -may- need to reverse this as needed for full functionality
with an external monitor.


--
stallen
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 09-20-2007
Sadeememe
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Screen Flickering


"stallen" wrote:

>
> Alright guys I signed up for this forum just to provide you with the
> fix/work-around for screen flicker.
>
> I've seen people blame everything from audio drivers to integrated
> graphics for this issue, however these are not the causes.
>
> Microsoft has a service called Transient Multimon Manager (TMM). This
> (supposedly) makes it easier to run multiple displays. It also causes
> the annoying flash we all hate so much.
>
> Here's how to fix it:
> - Click on the Start button (pearl? ball? orb?).
> - Type "Task Scheduler" and hit Enter.
> - On the left-hand side, click "Task Scheduler Local" (you should
> already be there, but just in case).
> - Expand "Task Scheduler Library," then "Microsoft," then "Windows,"
> then click "MobilePC."
> - Up top, you'll see a task called "TMM." Click it, and on the
> right-hand side, click "Disable."
> - You're done. [image:
> http://forum.notebookreview.com/imag...ies/smile.gif]
> It seems that this fix is great if you
> are not using an external monitor. If you need to use an external
> monitor you -may- need to reverse this as needed for full functionality
> with an external monitor.
>
>
> --
> stallen
> Call it flickering or flashing, but the only time I have this problem is when I try to UNZIP the one and only file that I have zipped. When I try to open (expand)) the the file whatever I have running in the window begins to flash. I am able to close any running programs except for the browser(s). The only way out of it is to "switch user" or do a cold boot. I know for sure it is not a monitor issue, buecause as I said it is ONLY when I try to open that one file. Which incidentally a Chat file that is saved in "received files" in documents. My issue seems to be a bit more "pin pointed" so may have a different solution other than a monitor issue. Any suggestions?

Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 02-02-2008
Shirley V
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Screen Flickering
I just started using this forum, I think it's the greatest place to come,
solved 2 problems this morning already. I've followed your instructions and
hope it works. Just wish I knew all the stuff like you do.
--
Thanks


"stallen" wrote:

>
> Alright guys I signed up for this forum just to provide you with the
> fix/work-around for screen flicker.
>
> I've seen people blame everything from audio drivers to integrated
> graphics for this issue, however these are not the causes.
>
> Microsoft has a service called Transient Multimon Manager (TMM). This
> (supposedly) makes it easier to run multiple displays. It also causes
> the annoying flash we all hate so much.
>
> Here's how to fix it:
> - Click on the Start button (pearl? ball? orb?).
> - Type "Task Scheduler" and hit Enter.
> - On the left-hand side, click "Task Scheduler Local" (you should
> already be there, but just in case).
> - Expand "Task Scheduler Library," then "Microsoft," then "Windows,"
> then click "MobilePC."
> - Up top, you'll see a task called "TMM." Click it, and on the
> right-hand side, click "Disable."
> - You're done. [image:
> http://forum.notebookreview.com/imag...ies/smile.gif]
> It seems that this fix is great if you
> are not using an external monitor. If you need to use an external
> monitor you -may- need to reverse this as needed for full functionality
> with an external monitor.
>
>
> --
> stallen
>

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 07-09-2008
smylena
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Screen Flickering

Thanks so much!!! This was tremendous help!!!

stallen;433443 Wrote:
> Alright guys I signed up for this forum just to provide you with the
> fix/work-around for screen flicker.
>
> I've seen people blame everything from audio drivers to integrated
> graphics for this issue, however these are not the causes.
>
> Microsoft has a service called Transient Multimon Manager (TMM). This
> (supposedly) makes it easier to run multiple displays. It also causes
> the annoying flash we all hate so much.
>
> Here's how to fix it:
> > >

- Click on the Start button (pearl? ball? orb?).
- Type "Task Scheduler" and hit Enter.
- On the left-hand side, click "Task Scheduler Local" (you should
> already be there, but just in case).

- Expand "Task Scheduler Library," then "Microsoft," then
> "Windows," then click "MobilePC."

- Up top, you'll see a task called "TMM." Click it, and on the
> right-hand side, click "Disable."

- You're done. '[image:
> http://forum.notebookreview.com/images/smilies/smile.gif]'
> (http://forum.notebookreview.com/imag...lies/smile.gif)
> > >

>
> It seems that this fix is great if
> you are not using an external monitor. If you need to use an external
> monitor you -may- need to reverse this as needed for full
> functionality with an external monitor.



--
smylena
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Screen Flickering After Sleep mrblah1 microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 05-12-2007 10:46
flickering screen =?Utf-8?B?ZGF2aWQ=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 1 04-08-2007 03:37
Screen Keeps Flickering/Blacking Out =?Utf-8?B?Q2hpcA==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance maintenance 6 04-04-2007 18:36
Screen flickering on vista boot sequence Mark Ryan microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 0 03-12-2007 18:14
Re: Screen flickering with Vista RC2 =?Utf-8?B?Y3RlbGxpczE1Ng==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 02-28-2007 17:43




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 21:55.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120