Alright guys I signed up for this forum just to provide you with the
fix/work-around for screen flicker.
I've seen people blame everything from audio drivers to integrated
graphics for this issue, however these are not the causes.
Microsoft has a service called Transient Multimon Manager (TMM). This
(supposedly) makes it easier to run multiple displays. It also causes
the annoying flash we all hate so much.
Here's how to fix it:
- Click on the Start button (pearl? ball? orb?).
- Type "Task Scheduler" and hit Enter.
- On the left-hand side, click "Task Scheduler Local" (you should
already be there, but just in case).
- Expand "Task Scheduler Library," then "Microsoft," then "Windows,"
then click "MobilePC."
- Up top, you'll see a task called "TMM." Click it, and on the
right-hand side, click "Disable."
- You're done. [image:
It seems that this fix is great if you
are not using an external monitor. If you need to use an external
monitor you -may- need to reverse this as needed for full functionality
with an external monitor.