Disk Defrag not Working

VistaUser51

Disk Defrag not Working
I have Vista Home Basic and the darn thing won't defrag. I have tried
multiple times to defrag and every time the computer acts like it's defraging
and then says "You could improve performance by defragmenting your
harddrive." This is getting on my nerves. Anybody got any suggestions?
Starboykb

RE: Disk Defrag not Working
Hi, that happen too in Home premium. I find it very slow. So I used the
Auslogics Disk Defrag. You can download it here:
http://www.majorgeeks.com/Auslogics_...rag_d5266.html

"VistaUser51" wrote:

> I have Vista Home Basic and the darn thing won't defrag. I have tried
> multiple times to defrag and every time the computer acts like it's defraging
> and then says "You could improve performance by defragmenting your
> harddrive." This is getting on my nerves. Anybody got any suggestions?

Rick Rogers

Re: Disk Defrag not Working
Hi,

Is there sufficient free space on the drive?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"VistaUser51" <VistaUser51@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Vista Home Basic and the darn thing won't defrag. I have tried
> multiple times to defrag and every time the computer acts like it's
> defraging
> and then says "You could improve performance by defragmenting your
> harddrive." This is getting on my nerves. Anybody got any suggestions?

dmex

Re: Disk Defrag not Working

Disk defrag does work, It works with the lowest priority and takes the
longest time it can to complete. You will need a 3rd party program to
manage defragmenting if you require a fast and effcient client todo this
work.

--
dmex
David A. Lessnau

Re: Disk Defrag not Working
You could try defragging from the Command Prompt. It has to run in Admin
mode, so go to Start and find wherever the program is (I've moved mine, but
I believe it normally sits under All Programs | Accessories). Right-click
on it and select "Run as Administrator." Type "defrag -?" for the options
available. You can probably get by with just typing "defrag" for a default
defragment. I tend to use "defrag -c -w -v" (that defrags all volumes,
attempts to defrag things it normally wouldn't (too big), and gives verbose
reports).

"VistaUser51" <VistaUser51@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Vista Home Basic and the darn thing won't defrag. I have tried
> multiple times to defrag and every time the computer acts like it's
> defraging
> and then says "You could improve performance by defragmenting your
> harddrive." This is getting on my nerves. Anybody got any suggestions?

mikeyhsd

Re: Disk Defrag not Working
defrag does not work as it used to.
it is not as efficient.

I use Auslogic Disk Defrag instead.
FREE, FASTER and runs on xp and vista both 32 and 64 bit versions.

mikeyhsd@comcast.net