ASR in Vista

Francisco

ASR in Vista
I am trying to find ASR in Vista and cannot find it. Not even in help and
support. Where is it? I read that you can use USB devices instead of
disquette. Is it true?
Peter

Re: ASR in Vista
Windows Speech Recognition? Start/All Programs/Accessories/Ease of Access
or Start/Control Panel/Ease of Access

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
"Francisco" <Francisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to find ASR in Vista and cannot find it. Not even in help and
> support. Where is it? I read that you can use USB devices instead of
> disquette. Is it true?

Francisco

Re: ASR in Vista
No, Automatic System Recovery

"Peter" wrote:

> Windows Speech Recognition? Start/All Programs/Accessories/Ease of Access
> or Start/Control Panel/Ease of Access
>
> --
> Peter
> Toronto, Canada
> XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate Triple Boot
> P4 HT @ 3ghz, 4gb DDR, 700gb HDD
> Soundblaster Audigy 4 PCI Sound
> ATI Radeon X1650 Pro AGP Graphics
> "Francisco" <Francisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am trying to find ASR in Vista and cannot find it. Not even in help and
> > support. Where is it? I read that you can use USB devices instead of
> > disquette. Is it true?

CMShepard

Re: ASR in Vista
Start/Help and Support/ASR
gives me 4 articles to read.
1. 1 System recovery and reliability for IT Pros
2. 2 System Restore: frequently asked questions
3. 3 Back up and restore: frequently asked questions
4. 4 Data recovery strategies for IT Pros

I am running Ultimate.

> No, Automatic System Recovery
>
> "Peter" wrote:
>
>> Windows Speech Recognition? Start/All Programs/Accessories/Ease of
>> Access
>> or Start/Control Panel/Ease of Access
>>
>> --
>> Peter
>> Toronto, Canada
>> XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate Triple Boot
>> P4 HT @ 3ghz, 4gb DDR, 700gb HDD
>> Soundblaster Audigy 4 PCI Sound
>> ATI Radeon X1650 Pro AGP Graphics
>> "Francisco" <Francisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am trying to find ASR in Vista and cannot find it. Not even in help
>> >and
>> > support. Where is it? I read that you can use USB devices instead of
>> > disquette. Is it true?

Peter

Re: ASR in Vista
Oops, sorry, I don't know the answer.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate Triple Boot
P4 HT @ 3ghz, 4gb DDR, 700gb HDD
Soundblaster Audigy 4 PCI Sound
ATI Radeon X1650 Pro AGP Graphics
"Francisco" <Francisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> No, Automatic System Recovery
>
> "Peter" wrote:
>
>> Windows Speech Recognition? Start/All Programs/Accessories/Ease of
>> Access
>> or Start/Control Panel/Ease of Access
>>
>> --
>> Peter
>> Toronto, Canada
>> XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate Triple Boot
>> P4 HT @ 3ghz, 4gb DDR, 700gb HDD
>> Soundblaster Audigy 4 PCI Sound
>> ATI Radeon X1650 Pro AGP Graphics
>> "Francisco" <Francisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am trying to find ASR in Vista and cannot find it. Not even in help
>> >and
>> > support. Where is it? I read that you can use USB devices instead of
>> > disquette. Is it true?

Francisco

Re: ASR in Vista
Yes, but none of them are called ASR as in XP. i think that the one described
as restore from an installation CD or DVD is the equivalent

"CMShepard" wrote:

> Start/Help and Support/ASR
> gives me 4 articles to read.
> 1. 1 System recovery and reliability for IT Pros
> 2. 2 System Restore: frequently asked questions
> 3. 3 Back up and restore: frequently asked questions
> 4. 4 Data recovery strategies for IT Pros
>
> I am running Ultimate.
>
> "Francisco" <Francisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > No, Automatic System Recovery
> >
> > "Peter" wrote:
> >
> >> Windows Speech Recognition? Start/All Programs/Accessories/Ease of
> >> Access
> >> or Start/Control Panel/Ease of Access
> >>
> >> --
> >> Peter
> >> Toronto, Canada
> >> XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate Triple Boot
> >> P4 HT @ 3ghz, 4gb DDR, 700gb HDD
> >> Soundblaster Audigy 4 PCI Sound
> >> ATI Radeon X1650 Pro AGP Graphics

Francisco

Re: ASR in Vista
That´s OK. By the way, speech recognizion works quite well.

"Peter" wrote:

> Oops, sorry, I don't know the answer.
>
> --
> Peter
> Toronto, Canada
> XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate Triple Boot
> P4 HT @ 3ghz, 4gb DDR, 700gb HDD
> Soundblaster Audigy 4 PCI Sound
> ATI Radeon X1650 Pro AGP Graphics
> "Francisco" <Francisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > No, Automatic System Recovery
> >
> > "Peter" wrote:
> >
> >> Windows Speech Recognition? Start/All Programs/Accessories/Ease of
> >> Access
> >> or Start/Control Panel/Ease of Access
> >>
> >> --
> >> Peter
> >> Toronto, Canada
> >> XP Pro SP2 x 2 + Vista Ultimate Triple Boot
> >> P4 HT @ 3ghz, 4gb DDR, 700gb HDD
> >> Soundblaster Audigy 4 PCI Sound
> >> ATI Radeon X1650 Pro AGP Graphics

Rock

Re: ASR in Vista
"Francisco" wrote
>I am trying to find ASR in Vista and cannot find it. Not even in help and
> support. Where is it? I read that you can use USB devices instead of
> disquette. Is it true?

There is no ASR in Vista. That is a feature associated with ntbackup
available in XP Pro ( and I gave up on that years ago. It never worked
properly). Ntbackup was dropped in Vista.

In Vista Business and Ultimate there is Complete PC Backup which is a type
of drive imaging. With that the system can be restored by booting from the
Vista DVD.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]