Blue Screen of Death on Complete PC Backup

Aliem J.

Blue Screen of Death on Complete PC Backup
Everytime I go to do a complete PC backup to my second internal HDD, I get
the BSD...I start the backup normally, and select my second HDD Maxtor 320GB
SATA II 16mb. Then the backup process begins and runs almost what i guess
would be 90%. The screen blinks to the BSD with no error code and I lose all
control over the PC. Each time I have left it alone for several hours, with
no change. I end up having to restart the PC, ofcourse leading to thr startup
selection ( safe mode, etc..). What is going on??? Anyone?
Jill Zoeller [MSFT]

Re: Blue Screen of Death on Complete PC Backup
I've seen this problem reported by other customers and it was due to nVidia
drivers, specifically nvstor.sys. A new version was under development and
was to be added to Windows Update. I'm not 100% sure if it's there now, but
you could give it a try.

"Aliem J." <AliemJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Everytime I go to do a complete PC backup to my second internal HDD, I get
> the BSD...I start the backup normally, and select my second HDD Maxtor
> 320GB
> SATA II 16mb. Then the backup process begins and runs almost what i guess
> would be 90%. The screen blinks to the BSD with no error code and I lose
> all
> control over the PC. Each time I have left it alone for several hours,
> with
> no change. I end up having to restart the PC, ofcourse leading to thr
> startup
> selection ( safe mode, etc..). What is going on??? Anyone?

M.Peco

Re: Blue Screen of Death on Complete PC Backup

"Aliem J." <AliemJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Everytime I go to do a complete PC backup to my second internal HDD, I get
> the BSD...I start the backup normally, and select my second HDD Maxtor
> 320GB
> SATA II 16mb. Then the backup process begins and runs almost what i guess
> would be 90%. The screen blinks to the BSD with no error code and I lose
> all
> control over the PC. Each time I have left it alone for several hours,
> with
> no change. I end up having to restart the PC, ofcourse leading to thr
> startup
> selection ( safe mode, etc..). What is going on??? Anyone?

Nothing unusual. It is a normal behavior of Microsoft software.

M.Peco

Aliem J.

Re: Blue Screen of Death on Complete PC Backup
I don't have any nvidia hardware. I have a ati radeon x500 graphics card.
Anything else it could be ?

"Jill Zoeller [MSFT]" wrote:

> I've seen this problem reported by other customers and it was due to nVidia
> drivers, specifically nvstor.sys. A new version was under development and
> was to be added to Windows Update. I'm not 100% sure if it's there now, but
> you could give it a try.

Jill Zoeller [MSFT]

Re: Blue Screen of Death on Complete PC Backup
Not necessarily the graphics--what about RAID or other nVidia controllers?