How to block startup programs

UFOPEACE

How to block startup programs
I think ive got some p2p programs installed from my xp (like kazaa nitro e
emule) witch i think start together with my windows n uses all my band...
want to block them n when i wanna use alow.
Was expecting it easy now like just click n alow or block but the defender
seens to be just for informations and not for actions.
Ps: Sorry my english
LOVE N PEACE!
Cheers
Dana Cline - MVP

Re: How to block startup programs
Go to microsoft.com, search for "Autoruns". Great utility for managing
startup programs...

Dana Cline - MCE MVP

"UFOPEACE" <UFOPEACE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I think ive got some p2p programs installed from my xp (like kazaa nitro e
> emule) witch i think start together with my windows n uses all my band...
> want to block them n when i wanna use alow.
> Was expecting it easy now like just click n alow or block but the defender
> seens to be just for informations and not for actions.
> Ps: Sorry my english
> LOVE N PEACE!
> Cheers

Ryka

Re: How to block startup programs
Does this work for Vista Home Premium?

"Dana Cline - MVP" <dcline@scriptpro.com> wrote in message
> Go to microsoft.com, search for "Autoruns". Great utility for managing
> startup programs...
>
> Dana Cline - MCE MVP
>
> "UFOPEACE" <UFOPEACE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I think ive got some p2p programs installed from my xp (like kazaa nitro e
>> emule) witch i think start together with my windows n uses all my band...
>> want to block them n when i wanna use alow.
>> Was expecting it easy now like just click n alow or block but the
>> defender
>> seens to be just for informations and not for actions.
>> Ps: Sorry my english
>> LOVE N PEACE!
>> Cheers

Dana Cline - MVP

Re: How to block startup programs
Yes, and I think it even works on XP...

Dana Cline - MCE MVP

"Ryka" <Ryka@dancin'shoes.com> wrote in message
> Does this work for Vista Home Premium?
>

> "Dana Cline - MVP" <dcline@scriptpro.com> wrote in message
>> Go to microsoft.com, search for "Autoruns". Great utility for managing
>> startup programs...
>>
>> Dana Cline - MCE MVP
>>
>> "UFOPEACE" <UFOPEACE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I think ive got some p2p programs installed from my xp (like kazaa nitro
>>> emule) witch i think start together with my windows n uses all my
>>> band...
>>> want to block them n when i wanna use alow.
>>> Was expecting it easy now like just click n alow or block but the
>>> defender
>>> seens to be just for informations and not for actions.
>>> Ps: Sorry my english
>>> LOVE N PEACE!
>>> Cheers

Mike Hall MVP

Re: How to block startup programs
Start each program in turn and look in the respective program
options/preferences for ways to prevent the program starting with Windows..
this is how you SHOULD do it..

For me, if a program does not have this function, I tend to remove and
forget about the program..

--

Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User