Desktop Blink at Startup - ANNOYING

frustratedguy

Desktop Blink at Startup - ANNOYING
I am running Vista Home Prof. on a Vaio. When I boot up everything works but
after I log in and the desktop appears, after about 3 seconds the whole
screen blinks, as in turns black for no more than a second, then comes back
on and finishes loading.

I noticed that it always does this before it finished loading the items in
the taskbar by the clock. And it does NOT do it when I startup in Safe Mode.
I have checked MSconfig and turned off some of the startup items. I'm
wondering if there is a program or service starting in the background that
might cause this.
Peter

Re: Desktop Blink at Startup - ANNOYING
My desktop does exactly the same thing. It's the video card initializing I
think.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
"frustratedguy" <frustratedguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running Vista Home Prof. on a Vaio. When I boot up everything works
>but
> after I log in and the desktop appears, after about 3 seconds the whole
> screen blinks, as in turns black for no more than a second, then comes
> back
> on and finishes loading.
>
> I noticed that it always does this before it finished loading the items in
> the taskbar by the clock. And it does NOT do it when I startup in Safe
> Mode.
> I have checked MSconfig and turned off some of the startup items. I'm
> wondering if there is a program or service starting in the background that
> might cause this.

frustratedguy

Re: Desktop Blink at Startup - ANNOYING
I wondered about the video card myself. Could it be a driver problem? I can't
find anything on any forums about it. Please let me know if you find a way to
fix this, or if I should just ignore it.

Thanks Peter.

"Peter" wrote:

> My desktop does exactly the same thing. It's the video card initializing I
> think.
>
> --
> Peter
> Toronto, Canada
> P4 HT @ 3ghz, 4gb DDR, 700gb HDD
> Soundblaster Audigy 4
> ATI Radeon 9550 AGP Graphics
> "frustratedguy" <frustratedguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am running Vista Home Prof. on a Vaio. When I boot up everything works
> >but
> > after I log in and the desktop appears, after about 3 seconds the whole
> > screen blinks, as in turns black for no more than a second, then comes
> > back
> > on and finishes loading.
> >
> > I noticed that it always does this before it finished loading the items in
> > the taskbar by the clock. And it does NOT do it when I startup in Safe
> > Mode.
> > I have checked MSconfig and turned off some of the startup items. I'm
> > wondering if there is a program or service starting in the background that
> > might cause this.

Peter

Re: Desktop Blink at Startup - ANNOYING
It only does it once in a while here. Have you checked online if you have
the latest video drivers for whatever card you have.

--
>I wondered about the video card myself. Could it be a driver problem? I
>can't
> find anything on any forums about it. Please let me know if you find a way
> fix this, or if I should just ignore it.
>
> Thanks Peter.
>

> "Peter" wrote:
>
>> My desktop does exactly the same thing. It's the video card initializing
>> think.
>>
>> --
>> Peter
>> Toronto, Canada
>> P4 HT @ 3ghz, 4gb DDR, 700gb HDD
>> Soundblaster Audigy 4
>> ATI Radeon 9550 AGP Graphics
>> "frustratedguy" <frustratedguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
>> message
>> >I am running Vista Home Prof. on a Vaio. When I boot up everything works
>> >but
>> > after I log in and the desktop appears, after about 3 seconds the
>> > whole
>> > screen blinks, as in turns black for no more than a second, then comes
>> > back
>> > on and finishes loading.
>> >
>> > I noticed that it always does this before it finished loading the items
>> > in
>> > the taskbar by the clock. And it does NOT do it when I startup in Safe
>> > Mode.
>> > I have checked MSconfig and turned off some of the startup items. I'm
>> > wondering if there is a program or service starting in the background
>> > that
>> > might cause this.

Ghost Rider

frustratedguy wrote:
> I wondered about the video card myself. Could it be a driver problem? I can't
> find anything on any forums about it. Please let me know if you find a way to
> fix this, or if I should just ignore it.

i don't think there is a fix, i'd just ignore it and not worry about it.

just my 2 cents,
ghost

tzmy79@gmail.com

On 23 Maj, 22:21, "Peter" <pet...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> It only does it once in a while here. Have you checked online if you have
> the latest video drivers for whatever card you have.
>
> --
> Peter
> Toronto, Canada
> P4 HT @ 3ghz, 4gb DDR, 700gb HDD
> Soundblaster Audigy 4
> ATI Radeon 9550 AGP Graphics"frustratedguy" <frustrated...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >I wondered about the video card myself. Could it be a driver problem? I
> >can't
> > find anything on any forums about it. Please let me know if you find a way
> > fix this, or if I should just ignore it.

> > Thanks Peter.

> > "Peter" wrote:

> >> My desktop does exactly the same thing. It's the video card initializing
> >> think.

> >> --
> >> Peter
> >> Toronto, Canada
> >> P4 HT @ 3ghz, 4gb DDR, 700gb HDD
> >> Soundblaster Audigy 4
> >> ATI Radeon 9550 AGP Graphics
> >> "frustratedguy" <frustrated...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> >> message

Hi

I have the same situation on my toshiba.
Drivers are up to date.
That is normal, as Peter said, graphic card is initializing , do not
worry about that, after few weeks you will not see it

TZMY