Problems and solutions

ben strong

Problems and solutions
I have 330 critical problems on my problems and solutions page. Every day I
check for solutions and to date one solution has been sent and it didn't
apply to me. According to the report only one problem is being researched.
My display adaptor crashes daily, also msn, windows explorer and more. I have
been online with techs (w/screen shareing) many many hours and have tried all
other liinks and resources that I can find, includeing my vidio card (third
one) any ideas?
Tim

Re: Problems and solutions
Hmmm...I'm trying really hard to understand your post. What is this list of
problems and solutions you are talking about? What are your hardware specs?
Who have you been asking for help? Etc., etc. It sounds more like you are
venting about a lack of solutions for your 330 critical problems. If so, I
don't think you will get much help by just venting...please provide more
information and ask more definitive questions and you just might get some
solutions.

Tim

"ben strong" <benstrong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have 330 critical problems on my problems and solutions page. Every day I
> check for solutions and to date one solution has been sent and it didn't
> apply to me. According to the report only one problem is being researched.
> My display adaptor crashes daily, also msn, windows explorer and more. I
> have
> been online with techs (w/screen shareing) many many hours and have tried
> all
> other liinks and resources that I can find, includeing my vidio card
> (third
> one) any ideas?

Cal Bear '66

Re: Problems and solutions
Problems and Solutions list

Control Panel > Problem Reports and Solutions

"Tim" <tim_at_overthere.com> wrote in message
> Hmmm...I'm trying really hard to understand your post. What is this list of
> problems and solutions you are talking about? What are your hardware specs?
> Who have you been asking for help? Etc., etc. It sounds more like you are
> venting about a lack of solutions for your 330 critical problems. If so, I
> don't think you will get much help by just venting...please provide more
> information and ask more definitive questions and you just might get some
> solutions.
>
> Tim
>
> "ben strong" <benstrong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have 330 critical problems on my problems and solutions page. Every day I
>> check for solutions and to date one solution has been sent and it didn't
>> apply to me. According to the report only one problem is being researched.
>> My display adaptor crashes daily, also msn, windows explorer and more. I have
>> been online with techs (w/screen shareing) many many hours and have tried all
>> other liinks and resources that I can find, includeing my vidio card (third
>> one) any ideas?

Tim

Re: Problems and solutions
Oh *that* problems and solutions page ;-)

But it still would be nice if the OP would be a bit more specific on what
problem he would like help on as I can't see his list from where I am
sitting.

Tim

"Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
> Problems and Solutions list
>
> Control Panel > Problem Reports and Solutions
>

> "Tim" <tim_at_overthere.com> wrote in message
>> Hmmm...I'm trying really hard to understand your post. What is this list
>> of problems and solutions you are talking about? What are your hardware
>> specs? Who have you been asking for help? Etc., etc. It sounds more like
>> you are venting about a lack of solutions for your 330 critical problems.
>> If so, I don't think you will get much help by just venting...please
>> provide more information and ask more definitive questions and you just
>> might get some solutions.
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> "ben strong" <benstrong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>>I have 330 critical problems on my problems and solutions page. Every day
>>> check for solutions and to date one solution has been sent and it didn't
>>> apply to me. According to the report only one problem is being
>>> researched.
>>> My display adaptor crashes daily, also msn, windows explorer and more. I
>>> have
>>> been online with techs (w/screen shareing) many many hours and have
>>> tried all
>>> other liinks and resources that I can find, includeing my vidio card
>>> (third
>>> one) any ideas?

Cal Bear '66

Re: Problems and solutions
TRUE!

I've begun to just completely ignore these posts that are mostly rants with no
specific details. My ESP is broken, my crystal ball is broken and my telepathic
abilities are nil.

> Oh *that* problems and solutions page ;-)
>
> But it still would be nice if the OP would be a bit more specific on what
> problem he would like help on as I can't see his list from where I am sitting.
>
> Tim
>
> "Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
>> Problems and Solutions list
>>
>> Control Panel > Problem Reports and Solutions
>>

>> "Tim" <tim_at_overthere.com> wrote in message
>>> Hmmm...I'm trying really hard to understand your post. What is this list of
>>> problems and solutions you are talking about? What are your hardware specs?
>>> Who have you been asking for help? Etc., etc. It sounds more like you are
>>> venting about a lack of solutions for your 330 critical problems. If so, I
>>> don't think you will get much help by just venting...please provide more
>>> information and ask more definitive questions and you just might get some
>>> solutions.
>>>
>>> Tim

Tim

Re: Problems and solutions
Good point...and good advice. But you did a fine job figuring out the list
he was referring to.

> TRUE!
>
> I've begun to just completely ignore these posts that are mostly rants
> with no specific details. My ESP is broken, my crystal ball is broken and
> my telepathic abilities are nil.
>

> "Tim" <tim_at_overthere.com> wrote in message
>> Oh *that* problems and solutions page ;-)
>>
>> But it still would be nice if the OP would be a bit more specific on what
>> problem he would like help on as I can't see his list from where I am
>> sitting.
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> "Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
>>> Problems and Solutions list
>>>
>>> Control Panel > Problem Reports and Solutions

ben strong

Re: Problems and solutions
tHE LIST IS ONE THAT YOU MUST NOT BE FAMILIAR WITH, THE ANSWER i NEED IS
WHERE TOI GO TO GET SOME HELP NOT SOME SMART ANSWER!

"Tim" wrote:

> Good point...and good advice. But you did a fine job figuring out the list
> he was referring to.
>
> Tim
>
> "Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
> > TRUE!
> >
> > I've begun to just completely ignore these posts that are mostly rants
> > with no specific details. My ESP is broken, my crystal ball is broken and
> > my telepathic abilities are nil.
> >

> > "Tim" <tim_at_overthere.com> wrote in message
> >> Oh *that* problems and solutions page ;-)
> >>
> >> But it still would be nice if the OP would be a bit more specific on what
> >> problem he would like help on as I can't see his list from where I am
> >> sitting.
> >>
> >> Tim

Cal Bear '66

Re: Problems and solutions
For anyone to help you, you have to be very specific with what your problem is.
Go ONE problem at a time, describe exactly what the problem is, specifically
when and how the problem occurs, what your computer configuration is, what
specific hardware is giving you problems, what specific application is giving
you problems, what exact error messages your receive, what are the fault bucket
IDs in Problem Reports and Solutions, etc. Give as much detail as you can.

We can understand your frustrations, but ranting will get you nowhere. We are
not sitting at your machine. No one is paid to provide help in these newsgroups.
We are all volunteers and are here to learn as well as to help, our only reward
is to successfully solve each others problems.

> tHE LIST IS ONE THAT YOU MUST NOT BE FAMILIAR WITH, THE ANSWER i NEED IS
> WHERE TOI GO TO GET SOME HELP NOT SOME SMART ANSWER!
>
> "Tim" wrote:
>
>> Good point...and good advice. But you did a fine job figuring out the list
>> he was referring to.
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> "Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
>> > TRUE!
>> >
>> > I've begun to just completely ignore these posts that are mostly rants
>> > with no specific details. My ESP is broken, my crystal ball is broken and
>> > my telepathic abilities are nil.

Malke

Re: Problems and solutions
ben strong wrote:
> tHE LIST IS ONE THAT YOU MUST NOT BE FAMILIAR WITH, THE ANSWER i NEED IS
> WHERE TOI GO TO GET SOME HELP NOT SOME SMART ANSWER!

Yelling at people who are trying to help you is counter-productive. You
are not expressing yourself clearly and you are not providing enough
information to get help from people WHO CAN'T SEE YOUR COMPUTER. We
actually want to help you but you are making it impossible.

This link will show you what details to include in your next post if you
want to get focused help:

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

If you can't do this, then /Yellow_Pages/Computer_Repair.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
ben strong

Re: Problems and solutions
Another smart answer, yellow pages? thanks and I hope you are entertaining to
your friends and buds.