Sluggish Start Menu actions

beto666

Sluggish Start Menu actions

Can anybody tell me why the actions in the Start Menu are so sluggish,
and how to fix it? When I click on Start > All Programs and I hover the
mouse on the items there, it takes a while to respond with the
highlight. When the item finally highlights, it takes another bit of
time to expand and show the contents of folders. Is there a fix for
this? Are there any issues which you could point me to (Microsoft Help
Center, maybe)? Any registry tips or flaws? Thank you guys.

--
beto666
salasidis@sympatico.ca

Re: Sluggish Start Menu actions
On May 21, 10:39 pm, beto666 <beto666.2qy...@no-mx.forums.net> wrote:
> Can anybody tell me why the actions in theStartMenuare sosluggish,
> and how to fix it? When I click onStart> All Programs and I hover the
> mouse on the items there, it takes a while to respond with the
> highlight. When the item finally highlights, it takes another bit of
> time to expand and show the contents of folders. Is there a fix for
> this? Are there any issues which you could point me to (Microsoft Help
> Center, maybe)? Any registry tips or flaws? Thank you guys.
>
> --
> beto666

I have the same problem, When I tag the start menu, it comes up
instantly, but tag any folder within it, and there is a 3-4 second
pause before it opens.

In addition, open windows explorer, and there is a 5-10 second pause
before it finishes displaying the contents (it opens an empty window
at first)

Things I have tried.

I have rebuilt my index.
I have disabled my CA Antivirus software
I have unmapped my network harddrive
I have disabled USB card drive slots (on my monitor)

Basically I was left with a C:, an A:Floppy, 2 DVDs, as well as 2 USB
Card drives - that had cards in them (taking out the cards makes no
difference - but I did not disable these as they are required).

Anybody have suggestions?

beto666

Re: Sluggish Start Menu actions

I have solved the problem running a scan with RegSupreme by Macecraft

'Windows Optimization and Registry Cleaner Utilities | Macecraft
Software' (http://www.macecraft.com/)

I dunno what it did, but I think it was certainly some faulty registry
entry. A tip though, if you gonna try the prog: don't run "Agressive
Scan", unless you know what you doing.

Good luck.

On Jun 5, 11:48 pm, salasi...@sympatico.ca wrote:
> On May 21, 10:39 pm, beto666 <beto666.2qy...@no-mx.forums.net> wrote:
>
> > Can anybody tell me why the actions in theStartMenuare sosluggish,
> > and how to fix it? When I click onStart> All Programs and I hover the
> > mouse on the items there, it takes a while to respond with the
> > highlight. When the item finally highlights, it takes another bit of
> > time to expand and show the contents of folders. Is there a fix for
> > this? Are there any issues which you could point me to (Microsoft Help
> > Center, maybe)? Any registry tips or flaws? Thank you guys.

> > --
> > beto666

> I have the same problem, When I tag the start menu, it comes up
> instantly, but tag any folder within it, and there is a 3-4 second
> pause before it opens.
>
> In addition, open windows explorer, and there is a 5-10 second pause
> before it finishes displaying the contents (it opens an empty window
> at first)
>
> Things I have tried.
>
> I have rebuilt my index.
> I have disabled my CA Antivirus software
> I have unmapped my network harddrive
> I have disabled USB card drive slots (on my monitor)
>
> Basically I was left with a C:, an A:Floppy, 2 DVDs, as well as 2 USB
> Card drives - that had cards in them (taking out the cards makes no
> difference - but I did not disable these as they are required).
>
> Anybody have suggestions?

The windows explorer problem seems to have fixed itself - 2 index
rebuilds and a reboot later.

The sluggish start menu remains however

The windows installation was new (not an update), therefore I don't
see why there should be registry problems at this stage.