System restore on vista?

algirl

System restore on vista?
Hey guys, i'm trying to do a system restore... i select the system restore i
enable the box with the text saying to show restore points with more than 5
days but...the first restore point that i have it's from 15 may... and i
wanted to restore to ends of april.

my question is...how can i restore to a specific date in april? i already
installed vista in April.
can someone help me? thanks in advance

Malke

Re: System restore on vista?
algirl wrote:
> Hey guys, i'm trying to do a system restore... i select the system restore i
> enable the box with the text saying to show restore points with more than 5
> days but...the first restore point that i have it's from 15 may... and i
> wanted to restore to ends of april.
>
> my question is...how can i restore to a specific date in april? i already
> installed vista in April.
> can someone help me? thanks in advance

If you don't have any System Restore points showing for April, then
there aren't any. System Restore keeps the most recent points and drops
the older ones. System Restore is really best for going back only a few
days, two weeks tops. Maybe if you tell us about your problems we could
help you with them.

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
algirl

Re: System restore on vista?
hi malke. thanks for your help.
well thats bad.. i remember that in windows xp i had restores of weeks
earlier..lots of them. i remember once i made a restore of almost 3 months
old.
well... i have a USB wireless pen from SMC (SMCUSBW-EU) and i think windows
update, updated the drivers of this device...and since that it stopped
working.
i already downloaded the new vista drivers from SMC website but i always get
the message:
"the name is already been used as service name or as a name to be shown in
the service" ...

thanks

"Malke" wrote:

> algirl wrote:
> > Hey guys, i'm trying to do a system restore... i select the system restore i
> > enable the box with the text saying to show restore points with more than 5
> > days but...the first restore point that i have it's from 15 may... and i
> > wanted to restore to ends of april.
> >
> > my question is...how can i restore to a specific date in april? i already
> > installed vista in April.
> > can someone help me? thanks in advance
> >

> If you don't have any System Restore points showing for April, then
> there aren't any. System Restore keeps the most recent points and drops
> the older ones. System Restore is really best for going back only a few
> days, two weeks tops. Maybe if you tell us about your problems we could
> help you with them.
>

> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Rick Rogers

Re: System restore on vista?
Hi,

Click start, type 'device manager' and click ok. Expand the USB branch and
locate your device. Double click it. On the driver tab, you should find a
button to rollback the driver to the previous version if it has been
updated.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/