End-User License Agreement

Sidney Friedman

End-User License Agreement
I just bought a new laptop with Vista Ultimate. I then installed MS Office
2003 on the new computer. However, whenever I want to open an MS Office
program I get a message that says "you must accept the End-User License to
use this software. If you don't accept, this application will quit". When
I "accept" the program runs fine.

I never had this experience with this same software on my XP computers. Is
this something new with Vista and can the message be removed?

Any help will be appreciated.

Sidney

Nepatsfan

Re: End-User License Agreement
In news:Ci24i.1291$C96.1010@newssvr23.news.prodigy.ne t,
Sidney Friedman <counsel2@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I just bought a new laptop with Vista Ultimate. I then
> installed MS
> Office 2003 on the new computer. However, whenever I want to
> open an
> MS Office program I get a message that says "you must accept
> the
> End-User License to use this software. If you don't accept,
> this
> application will quit". When I "accept" the program runs
> fine.
>
> I never had this experience with this same software on my XP
> computers. Is this something new with Vista and can the
> message be
> removed?
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Sidney

Take a look at this article.

You must accept the Office End User License Agreement every
time that you start an Office program
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884202

Good luck

Nepatsfan

Bruce Chambers

Sidney Friedman wrote:
> I just bought a new laptop with Vista Ultimate. I then installed MS Office
> 2003 on the new computer. However, whenever I want to open an MS Office
> program I get a message that says "you must accept the End-User License to
> use this software. If you don't accept, this application will quit". When
> I "accept" the program runs fine.
>
> I never had this experience with this same software on my XP computers.

Then someone else had opened an Office application and accepted the
Office EULA prior to your using it.

> Is
> this something new with Vista and can the message be removed?

No, this is purely and Office function, and the operating system is
immaterial.

--

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

Davcal

Re: End-User License Agreement
Being a new Laptop, did this MS Office come pre-installed as an offer by any
chance ?
If it did, it's a trial version, say for 3 months, and they will bug you
until you buy.
My advice, uninstall it all, and use your own software.
I'm finding MS to be very intrusive more & more.

"Sidney Friedman" <counsel2@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:Ci24i.1291$C96.1010@newssvr23.news.prodigy.ne t...
>I just bought a new laptop with Vista Ultimate. I then installed MS Office
>2003 on the new computer. However, whenever I want to open an MS Office
>program I get a message that says "you must accept the End-User License to
>use this software. If you don't accept, this application will quit". When
>I "accept" the program runs fine.
>
> I never had this experience with this same software on my XP computers.
> Is this something new with Vista and can the message be removed?
>
> Any help will be appreciated.
>
> Sidney

Sidney Friedman

Re: End-User License Agreement
I bought MS Office to use on my XP OS Laptop. Now that I have a Vista
Laptop also I installed the very same program on the new machine. This is
NOT a trial software but bought for $$. I uninstalled the Office 2007
software that came with the laptop, also uninstalled Office 3003 and then
reinstalled it.

Any ideas??

"Davcal" <davcal@dav.cal> wrote in message
> Being a new Laptop, did this MS Office come pre-installed as an offer by
> any chance ?
> If it did, it's a trial version, say for 3 months, and they will bug
> you until you buy.
> My advice, uninstall it all, and use your own software.
> I'm finding MS to be very intrusive more & more.
>

> "Sidney Friedman" <counsel2@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> news:Ci24i.1291$C96.1010@newssvr23.news.prodigy.ne t...
>>I just bought a new laptop with Vista Ultimate. I then installed MS
>>Office 2003 on the new computer. However, whenever I want to open an MS
>>Office program I get a message that says "you must accept the End-User
>>License to use this software. If you don't accept, this application will
>>quit". When I "accept" the program runs fine.
>>
>> I never had this experience with this same software on my XP computers.
>> Is this something new with Vista and can the message be removed?
>>
>> Any help will be appreciated.
>>
>> Sidney

Sidney Friedman

Re: End-User License Agreement
So what would you suggest?

> Sidney Friedman wrote:
>> I just bought a new laptop with Vista Ultimate. I then installed MS
>> Office 2003 on the new computer. However, whenever I want to open an MS
>> Office program I get a message that says "you must accept the End-User
>> License to use this software. If you don't accept, this application will
>> quit". When I "accept" the program runs fine.
>>
>> I never had this experience with this same software on my XP computers.

> Then someone else had opened an Office application and accepted the Office
> EULA prior to your using it.
>

>> Is this something new with Vista and can the message be removed?
>>

> No, this is purely and Office function, and the operating system is
> immaterial.
>

> --
>
> Bruce Chambers
>
> Help us help you:
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

> Many people would rather die than think; in fact, most do. -Bertrand
> Russell

Ramesh, MS-MVP

Re: End-User License Agreement
Hi Sidney,

See:

"You must accept the Office End User License Agreement every time that you start an Office program"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/884202

--
Regards,

Windows« Troubleshooting http://www.winhelponline.com