Task manager

Rick Parker

Task manager
I am unable to run an info gathering tool to send to my Anti-virus software
vendor. Is there any way that I can capture the info in task manager, save to
a folder and send it to them?
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Task manager
If this is a tool that was provided by the anti-virus vendor, they should
have instructions for running it? We have no information on the tool, which
areas of the OS it is trying to access or what data it is collecting?

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Rick Parker" <RickParker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am unable to run an info gathering tool to send to my Anti-virus software
> vendor. Is there any way that I can capture the info in task manager, save
> a folder and send it to them?

Rick Parker

Re: Task manager
Their tool "stops responding" when I try to run it under Vista. Even in safe
mode. They are trying to collect their product info; processes and services;
events; hardware and software installed. I am dealing with their tech
support, but they can't seem to be able to figure out. I know that this is
their problem, but I'm trying to do anything that will help.

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> If this is a tool that was provided by the anti-virus vendor, they should
> have instructions for running it? We have no information on the tool, which
> areas of the OS it is trying to access or what data it is collecting?
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "Rick Parker" <RickParker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am unable to run an info gathering tool to send to my Anti-virus software
> > vendor. Is there any way that I can capture the info in task manager, save
> > a folder and send it to them?

Rick Rogers

Re: Task manager
Hi,

Right click the tool, use 'run as administrator'. See if this helps.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

> Their tool "stops responding" when I try to run it under Vista. Even in
> safe
> mode. They are trying to collect their product info; processes and
> services;
> events; hardware and software installed. I am dealing with their tech
> support, but they can't seem to be able to figure out. I know that this is
> their problem, but I'm trying to do anything that will help.
>
> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:
>
>> If this is a tool that was provided by the anti-virus vendor, they should
>> have instructions for running it? We have no information on the tool,
>> which
>> areas of the OS it is trying to access or what data it is collecting?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Ronnie Vernon
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>

>> "Rick Parker" <RickParker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am unable to run an info gathering tool to send to my Anti-virus
>> >software
>> > vendor. Is there any way that I can capture the info in task manager,
>> > save
>> > a folder and send it to them?

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Task manager
Rick

That program is trying to access restricted areas in Vista. If the program
does not ask you for administrator privileges, then it is not compatible
with Vista.

Take Rick Rogers advice and force the program to run as administrator. If
this works, then you need to tell the developers of that program to make it
compatible with Vista.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

"Rick Parker" <RickParker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Their tool "stops responding" when I try to run it under Vista. Even in
> safe
> mode. They are trying to collect their product info; processes and
> services;
> events; hardware and software installed. I am dealing with their tech
> support, but they can't seem to be able to figure out. I know that this is
> their problem, but I'm trying to do anything that will help.
>
> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:
>
>> If this is a tool that was provided by the anti-virus vendor, they should
>> have instructions for running it? We have no information on the tool,
>> which
>> areas of the OS it is trying to access or what data it is collecting?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Ronnie Vernon
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>

>> "Rick Parker" <RickParker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am unable to run an info gathering tool to send to my Anti-virus
>> >software
>> > vendor. Is there any way that I can capture the info in task manager,
>> > save
>> > a folder and send it to them?

Rick Parker

Re: Task manager
It still wouldn't work, even when forced to run as administrator. This is the
error message that I receive:
Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: PSInfo.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 00000000
Fault Module Name: StackHash_e52f
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 69575c32
OS Version: 6.0.6000.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: e52f
Additional Information 2: e98dfca8bcf81bc1740adb135579ad53
Additional Information 3: 860f
Additional Information 4: 6eabdd9e0dc94904be3b39a1c0583635

I tried running it in safe mode with the same result.