CLock Update Error

Bob Sinclair

CLock Update Error
Hello,

I am running Vista Home Premium. When I try to synchronize the clock using
any of the choices on the internet time tab I get an error message that
reads An error occurred while synchronizing time with ___________. I am
running McAfee Security center and I am not sure if that is contributing to
the problem.

Karsten Jensen

Re: CLock Update Error

"Bob Sinclair" <Bob_Sinclair25@comcast.net> skrev i meddelelsen
> Hello,
>
> I am running Vista Home Premium. When I try to synchronize the clock
> using any of the choices on the internet time tab I get an error message
> that reads An error occurred while synchronizing time with ___________. I
> am running McAfee Security center and I am not sure if that is
> contributing to the problem.

It is. Go to the advanced firewall settings in McAfee Security Center, and
enable the service needed for timesync.

Karsten

Bob Sinclair

Re: CLock Update Error
Hello,

Thanks for the help. I had to do what you suggested and in the internet and
network tab, clicked the advanced button the in system services I checked
Network Time Protocol Port 123. It still has not allowed all of the time
update options to work, but I have found one that works.

Thanks,

"Karsten Jensen" <kukshfkjdjpoibvkjdhg@invalid> wrote in message

> "Bob Sinclair" <Bob_Sinclair25@comcast.net> skrev i meddelelsen
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am running Vista Home Premium. When I try to synchronize the clock
>> using any of the choices on the internet time tab I get an error message
>> that reads An error occurred while synchronizing time with ___________.
>> I am running McAfee Security center and I am not sure if that is
>> contributing to the problem.

> It is. Go to the advanced firewall settings in McAfee Security Center, and
> enable the service needed for timesync.
>
> Karsten

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: CLock Update Error
Bob

Just for information, in case someone else has this same problem, which one
of the time providers worked?

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Bob Sinclair" <Bob_Sinclair25@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> Thanks for the help. I had to do what you suggested and in the internet
> and network tab, clicked the advanced button the in system services I
> checked Network Time Protocol Port 123. It still has not allowed all of
> the time update options to work, but I have found one that works.
>
> Thanks,
>

> "Karsten Jensen" <kukshfkjdjpoibvkjdhg@invalid> wrote in message
>>
>> "Bob Sinclair" <Bob_Sinclair25@comcast.net> skrev i meddelelsen
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I am running Vista Home Premium. When I try to synchronize the clock
>>> using any of the choices on the internet time tab I get an error message
>>> that reads An error occurred while synchronizing time with ___________.
>>> I am running McAfee Security center and I am not sure if that is
>>> contributing to the problem.

>> It is. Go to the advanced firewall settings in McAfee Security Center,
>> and enable the service needed for timesync.
>>
>> Karsten

Bob Sinclair

Re: CLock Update Error
Hello,

Call me crazy. Initially when I made the changes only the time-a.nist.gov
tme worked. After your email I went back and checked and they ALL worked.
Including the windows one.

> Bob
>
> Just for information, in case someone else has this same problem, which
> one of the time providers worked?
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "Bob Sinclair" <Bob_Sinclair25@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> Thanks for the help. I had to do what you suggested and in the internet
>> and network tab, clicked the advanced button the in system services I
>> checked Network Time Protocol Port 123. It still has not allowed all of
>> the time update options to work, but I have found one that works.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>

>> "Karsten Jensen" <kukshfkjdjpoibvkjdhg@invalid> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Bob Sinclair" <Bob_Sinclair25@comcast.net> skrev i meddelelsen

>>> It is. Go to the advanced firewall settings in McAfee Security Center,
>>> and enable the service needed for timesync.
>>>
>>> Karsten

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: CLock Update Error
Bob

Thanks, this will help.

--

> Hello,
>
> Call me crazy. Initially when I made the changes only the time-a.nist.gov
> tme worked. After your email I went back and checked and they ALL
> worked. Including the windows one.
>

> "Ronnie Vernon MVP" <rv@invalid.org> wrote in message
>> Bob
>>
>> Just for information, in case someone else has this same problem, which
>> one of the time providers worked?
>>
>> --
>>
>> Ronnie Vernon
>> Microsoft MVP
>> Windows Shell/User
>>

>> "Bob Sinclair" <Bob_Sinclair25@comcast.net> wrote in message
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> Thanks for the help. I had to do what you suggested and in the internet
>>> and network tab, clicked the advanced button the in system services I
>>> checked Network Time Protocol Port 123. It still has not allowed all of
>>> the time update options to work, but I have found one that works.
>>>
>>> Thanks,

Jorge

Re: CLock Update Error
Had same OS version and problem as Sinclair. Took Karsten's advice.
time.windows.com and time-nist.gov error messages on first try and when tried
after all other choices worked properly, each returned a "timeout"
explanation with the error message. THANK YOU ALL
--
Life is not a banquet; it is a covered dish dinner. What do you bring to
the table?

"Ronnie Vernon MVP" wrote:

> Bob
>
> Just for information, in case someone else has this same problem, which one
> of the time providers worked?
>
> --
>
> Ronnie Vernon
> Microsoft MVP
> Windows Shell/User
>

> "Bob Sinclair" <Bob_Sinclair25@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > Thanks for the help. I had to do what you suggested and in the internet
> > and network tab, clicked the advanced button the in system services I
> > checked Network Time Protocol Port 123. It still has not allowed all of
> > the time update options to work, but I have found one that works.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > "Karsten Jensen" <kukshfkjdjpoibvkjdhg@invalid> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Bob Sinclair" <Bob_Sinclair25@comcast.net> skrev i meddelelsen

> >> It is. Go to the advanced firewall settings in McAfee Security Center,
> >> and enable the service needed for timesync.
> >>
> >> Karsten

Zac Toliver

RE: CLock Update Error
Hello Bob,

I am also running windows vista home premium and I am also running McAfee
Security Center. I have the same exact problem as you do. I've tried all of
the servers for syncronizing the time and all of them say an error has
occured.

"Bob Sinclair" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am running Vista Home Premium. When I try to synchronize the clock using
> any of the choices on the internet time tab I get an error message that
> reads An error occurred while synchronizing time with ___________. I am
> running McAfee Security center and I am not sure if that is contributing to
> the problem.

none

Re: CLock Update Error
On Sat, 6 Oct 2007 23:52:00 -0700, Zac Toliver <ztol7527@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Hello Bob,
>
>I am also running windows vista home premium and I am also running McAfee
>Security Center. I have the same exact problem as you do. I've tried all of
>the servers for syncronizing the time and all of them say an error has
>occured.
>
>"Bob Sinclair" wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am running Vista Home Premium. When I try to synchronize the clock using
>> any of the choices on the internet time tab I get an error message that
>> reads An error occurred while synchronizing time with ___________. I am
>> running McAfee Security center and I am not sure if that is contributing to
>> the problem.

Having the same problem, reading all the previous messages in this
thresd I/bve tried to resolve the problem, however when it gets to
make changes to McAfee security center I can't find the advanced
security settings in the firewall.
I have McAfee security center v8.0 build 8.0.244, cant seem to locate
any way t change anything. any help on how to make the changes will be
greatly appreciated. the computer clock is about 50 minutes behind.
TIA
Mark

Re: CLock Update Error
http://www.technipages.com/mcafee-fi...onization.html