Screen goes black for a second

Linda

Screen goes black for a second
Shortly after I turn on my computer my screen goes black for a few seconds
and then comes back on. This happens every time I turn it on, it doesn't
seem like it messes anything up when it happens but it has gotten really
annoying. Any ideas on what might be causing this, or what I can do to stop
it? Thanks.
Neil Harley

Re: Screen goes black for a second
Linda wrote:
> Shortly after I turn on my computer my screen goes black for a few
> seconds and then comes back on. This happens every time I turn it
> on, it doesn't seem like it messes anything up when it happens but it
> has gotten really annoying. Any ideas on what might be causing this,
> or what I can do to stop it? Thanks.

If you mean after you hit the power button and at around the time you see
the round Windows logo, it is probably your video drivers loading.

If you mean when you're actually at the desktop I don't know

David Pilditch

"Linda" wrote:

> Shortly after I turn on my computer my screen goes black for a few seconds
> and then comes back on. This happens every time I turn it on, it doesn't
> seem like it messes anything up when it happens but it has gotten really
> annoying. Any ideas on what might be causing this, or what I can do to stop
> it? Thanks.

Hi Linda,

I don't have a solution unfortunately, but I do know that my setup of Vista
does that when it changes between display modes, so for example when I view
the BBC News online using Real player, it has to switch colour modes, so the
monitors will flick black for a second.

Hope you get it sorted.
Ronnie Vernon MVP

Re: Screen goes black for a second
Linda

This could be normal, depending on exactly when it happens. This is usually
just the video resolution switching to the users setting.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Shortly after I turn on my computer my screen goes black for a few seconds
> and then comes back on. This happens every time I turn it on, it doesn't
> seem like it messes anything up when it happens but it has gotten really
> annoying. Any ideas on what might be causing this, or what I can do to
> stop
> it? Thanks.

Dyawlak

Re: Screen goes black for a second
I get that when the NVidia control taskbar program is loaded or when I go in
to the properties for the video display

I wouldnt worry about it

"Linda" <Linda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Shortly after I turn on my computer my screen goes black for a few seconds
> and then comes back on. This happens every time I turn it on, it doesn't
> seem like it messes anything up when it happens but it has gotten really
> annoying. Any ideas on what might be causing this, or what I can do to
> stop
> it? Thanks.

Payne747

Re: Screen goes black for a second

Happens with me too, usually around the time the login screen is
displayed, or shortly after I've logged in. Never been a problem and
I've always put it down to the graphics drivers or Areo theme still

Payne747

Payne747
-- http://www.the-serpent.co.uk --