Is Vista unstable still unstable?

Mr Zhang

Is Vista unstable still unstable?
Hi, my pc is Core 2 2.13 gb with 2 gb ram and using wnidow vista home preimun
preinstalled by Acer company. I notice that when it goes to sleep mode and
return, always it become unstable. is that normal? when I open 2 internet
explorer, it will hang. if I use pc for about 3 to 5 hours, it will also
becom unstable. I know by rebooting, it will cure these problems... But ..
everytime reboot is not fun as it takes minutes to shutdown and boot up. I
saw my company leave the pc on for 24 hrs by 7. Why theirs rarely hang while
my home pc always hang. End up I dare not install anything yet beside those
auto update which it prompt me and i click from microsoft. is there something
i can do to maximise the pc? Core 2 duo doesn't seems to be fast. My old
window 98 pentimun 2 400 MHz seems to be even more stable and faster. Of
course, that pc can't play many games. but can vista be stable enough to let
me play? I won't want to get into a game only to hang at the critical moment.
It will be painful. Please anyone can advise me at zhangsky@singmail.com .
Also, does anyone know who to tell window mail to know which mail is junk
mail, is phishing mail and so on? I notice whenever I down mails, I have to
check the inbox, the junk mails and the delete folder as the mails any how
get slot in. pls advise. thanks - mr Zhang
Dana Cline - MVP

Re: Is Vista unstable still unstable?
I bet your problem is that Acer added various junkware when they built your
PC. This can certainly impact performance and stability. I suggest you
uninstall everything you can, especially the stuff you don't really need.
Use Microsoft's "autoruns" program to turn off startup software. Google for
"vista performance tweaks" to find web sites with specific tweaks.

You'll probably want to repost your Windows Mail question in another
newsgroup for best response...

Dana Cline - MCE MVP

"Mr Zhang" <MrZhang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, my pc is Core 2 2.13 gb with 2 gb ram and using wnidow vista home
> preimun
> preinstalled by Acer company. I notice that when it goes to sleep mode and
> return, always it become unstable. is that normal? when I open 2 internet
> explorer, it will hang. if I use pc for about 3 to 5 hours, it will also
> becom unstable. I know by rebooting, it will cure these problems... But ..
> everytime reboot is not fun as it takes minutes to shutdown and boot up. I
> saw my company leave the pc on for 24 hrs by 7. Why theirs rarely hang
> while
> my home pc always hang. End up I dare not install anything yet beside
> those
> auto update which it prompt me and i click from microsoft. is there
> something
> i can do to maximise the pc? Core 2 duo doesn't seems to be fast. My old
> window 98 pentimun 2 400 MHz seems to be even more stable and faster. Of
> course, that pc can't play many games. but can vista be stable enough to
> let
> me play? I won't want to get into a game only to hang at the critical
> moment.
> It will be painful. Please anyone can advise me at zhangsky@singmail.com .
> Also, does anyone know who to tell window mail to know which mail is junk
> mail, is phishing mail and so on? I notice whenever I down mails, I have
> check the inbox, the junk mails and the delete folder as the mails any how
> get slot in. pls advise. thanks - mr Zhang

Richard Urban

Re: Is Vista unstable still unstable?
For many people Vista never was "unstable". I suggest you clean out the junk
supplied by Acer and then install Vista compatible applications such as
antivirus and anti spyware apps.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from George Ankner:

"Mr Zhang" <MrZhang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, my pc is Core 2 2.13 gb with 2 gb ram and using wnidow vista home
> preimun
> preinstalled by Acer company. I notice that when it goes to sleep mode and
> return, always it become unstable. is that normal? when I open 2 internet
> explorer, it will hang. if I use pc for about 3 to 5 hours, it will also
> becom unstable. I know by rebooting, it will cure these problems... But ..
> everytime reboot is not fun as it takes minutes to shutdown and boot up. I
> saw my company leave the pc on for 24 hrs by 7. Why theirs rarely hang
> while
> my home pc always hang. End up I dare not install anything yet beside
> those
> auto update which it prompt me and i click from microsoft. is there
> something
> i can do to maximise the pc? Core 2 duo doesn't seems to be fast. My old
> window 98 pentimun 2 400 MHz seems to be even more stable and faster. Of
> course, that pc can't play many games. but can vista be stable enough to
> let
> me play? I won't want to get into a game only to hang at the critical
> moment.
> It will be painful. Please anyone can advise me at zhangsky@singmail.com .
> Also, does anyone know who to tell window mail to know which mail is junk
> mail, is phishing mail and so on? I notice whenever I down mails, I have
> check the inbox, the junk mails and the delete folder as the mails any how
> get slot in. pls advise. thanks - mr Zhang

Julian

> For many people Vista never was "unstable". I suggest you clean out the
> junk supplied by Acer and then install Vista compatible applications such
> as antivirus and anti spyware apps.

NB.
PC vendors supply particular applications not on any technical
grounds but solely because their palms have been greased.

The applications are loss leaders.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Loss_leader