What i like about Windows Vista and what i don't

James Matthews

What i like about Windows Vista and what i don't
When I was considering to buying a PC with windows vista the first thoughts
that came to my mind was everyone telling me that they heard that it isn't
good and it breaks programs.... I thought you know what got to give this a
try.. So I got a PC booted up windows vista the first things I realized was
the nice UI! Now I have used XGL and Beryl under Linux and have one tip for
people. If mega UI and effects are your things ditch MAC go to Linux but if
they aren't stay right here! Ok after exploring a bit and trying out all the
new cool features I realized that Windows Vista is Windows XP done right!
What I mean is that in widows XP you are running with admin rights if you
get hacked you are finished by some program that can load malware into your
computer and there will be no way you can remove it! Now I am not saying
that windows vista is immune to malware but when I look at it I see
Microsoft heading more in the way of Linux and Unix based OS'S in regard to
UAC now people complain well UAC breaks programs! They are wrong! Why should
a media player need admin rights! What they really should say is that the
programs are broken! Next with internet explorer. People are complaining
that it breaks all there old ActiveX controls! Same reason as before!
Microsoft released an API for them and they run in a limited setting! But no
they need to run with administrator right! Yah... Windows Mail I love it
works great! One annoying thing was that if you run disk cleanup it deletes
your hibernation file which disables hibernate but that can be remedied by
running the command line in administrator mode and typing in "powercfg -h
on" without the quotes!

Please forgive my ramblings

A devout Linux and Windows user

James