Vista sleep/wake problem

atplum

Vista sleep/wake problem
After I put my computer to sleep, which happens fine, the cpu wakes up by
itself in my bag and goes to critical battery mode. I have found the reason
for wake up, using event viewer, to TCP/IP network program waking the cpu
when it detects that the cpu has moved out of a network I was using before I
put the cpu to sleep. It does not happen when I leave the cpu in one
network, for example at home.
From event viewer (reason for wakeup): TCP/IP, The system detected that
network adapter Wireless Network Connection was connected to the network, and
has initiated normal operation. then it wakes up.
Any suggestions to disable this task from happening when a new network is
detected or a network is left.

mentormatt8 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Vista sleep/wake problem
Quote:
Originally Posted by atplum View Post
After I put my computer to sleep, which happens fine, the cpu wakes up by
itself in my bag and goes to critical battery mode. I have found the reason
for wake up, using event viewer, to TCP/IP network program waking the cpu
when it detects that the cpu has moved out of a network I was using before I
put the cpu to sleep. It does not happen when I leave the cpu in one
network, for example at home.
From event viewer (reason for wakeup): TCP/IP, The system detected that
network adapter Wireless Network Connection was connected to the network, and
has initiated normal operation. then it wakes up.
Any suggestions to disable this task from happening when a new network is
detected or a network is left.
Have you tried Start/Control Panel/System and Maintenance/System/Device Manager/Network Adapters/Your Network Adapter/Wake-Up Capabilities

?
Tae Song

Re: Vista sleep/wake problem

"mentormatt8" <mentormatt8.3znf4d@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message news:mentormatt8.3znf4d@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> atplum;201863 Wrote:

>> After I put my computer to sleep, which happens fine, the cpu wakes up
>> by
>> itself in my bag and goes to critical battery mode. I have found the
>> reason
>> for wake up, using event viewer, to TCP/IP network program waking the
>> cpu
>> when it detects that the cpu has moved out of a network I was using
>> before I
>> put the cpu to sleep. It does not happen when I leave the cpu in one
>> network, for example at home.
>> From event viewer (reason for wakeup): TCP/IP, The system detected
>> that
>> network adapter Wireless Network Connection was connected to the
>> network, and
>> has initiated normal operation. then it wakes up.
>> Any suggestions to disable this task from happening when a new network
>> is
>> detected or a network is left.

> Have you tried Start/Control Panel/System and Maintenance/System/Device
> Manager/Network Adapters/Your Network Adapter/Wake-Up Capabilities
>
> ?
>

> --
> mentormatt8
>
> http://annoyances-resolved.blogspot.com

Why not shutdown completely if it's going into your bag?

Hibernate is the next choice.

Sleep is what you want to lower power consumption for a few minutes while you are away from keyboard. If you're putting away the laptop into your bag, sleep is not the best choice.