Hibernate

James Matthews

Hibernate
What alternatives do I have to hibernating the computer!

Thanks

--

http://www.goldwatches.com/watches.asp?Brand=39
Rick Rogers

Re: Hibernate
Powering it off.

What are you trying to achieve?

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"James Matthews" <jamesmatt18@gmail.com> wrote in message
> What alternatives do I have to hibernating the computer!
> Thanks
>
> --
>
> http://www.goldwatches.com/watches.asp?Brand=39

James Matthews

Re: Hibernate
To be able to tottaly poweroff the system and resume it exactly where i was
before now i have to wait for all these programs to start up with windows xp
i was able to start faster!

--

> Powering it off.
>
> What are you trying to achieve?
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "James Matthews" <jamesmatt18@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> What alternatives do I have to hibernating the computer!
>> Thanks
>>
>> --
>>
>> http://www.goldwatches.com/watches.asp?Brand=39

Rick Rogers

Re: Hibernate
Hi James,

Well, then no, there aren't any other alternatives. Hibernate is the
function you need to use. I would examine carefully the hardware on the
system and check for updated drivers as well as making sure all the software
involved is Vista compliant. There's no real reason that it shouldn't work
similar to the way XP did.

--

> To be able to tottaly poweroff the system and resume it exactly where i
> was before now i have to wait for all these programs to start up with
> windows xp i was able to start faster!
>
> --
>
> http://www.goldwatches.com/watches.asp?Brand=39
>> Powering it off.
>>
>> What are you trying to achieve?
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "James Matthews" <jamesmatt18@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> What alternatives do I have to hibernating the computer!
>>> Thanks
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> http://www.goldwatches.com/watches.asp?Brand=39

James Matthews

Re: Hibernate
I agree just where is it? I don't see it anywhere in the options!

Thanks

James

--

> Hi James,
>
> Well, then no, there aren't any other alternatives. Hibernate is the
> function you need to use. I would examine carefully the hardware on the
> system and check for updated drivers as well as making sure all the
> software involved is Vista compliant. There's no real reason that it
> shouldn't work similar to the way XP did.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "James Matthews" <jamesmatt18@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> To be able to tottaly poweroff the system and resume it exactly where i
>> was before now i have to wait for all these programs to start up with
>> windows xp i was able to start faster!
>>
>> --
>>
>> http://www.goldwatches.com/watches.asp?Brand=39
>> "Rick Rogers" <rick@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> Powering it off.
>>>
>>> What are you trying to achieve?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best of Luck,

>>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>> My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com

Rick Rogers

Re: Hibernate
Where is what?

Drivers for the hardware should be obtained from the device manaufacturer's
site, not Windows Update or the Vista disk. Some may be obtained from the
system manufacturer as well, but I've often found them to be a version or
two behind.

As to software, again the vendor is the best source of information. Programs
need to be Vista compatible, and this may require a patch or upgrade to work
properly and not cause interference with other system functions. Some
upgrades may not be free. Be prepared as well that some programs may not
have any means of being fully compatible. In this case, your choices are
limited to either removing them or not have a properly operating system.

If a system is not fully compliant with the hiberate (now called "sleep")
function, it may not appear in the power options or shutdown menu.

--

>I agree just where is it? I don't see it anywhere in the options!
>
> Thanks
>
> James
>
> --
>
> http://www.goldwatches.com/watches.asp?Brand=39
>> Hi James,
>>
>> Well, then no, there aren't any other alternatives. Hibernate is the
>> function you need to use. I would examine carefully the hardware on the
>> system and check for updated drivers as well as making sure all the
>> software involved is Vista compliant. There's no real reason that it
>> shouldn't work similar to the way XP did.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "James Matthews" <jamesmatt18@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> To be able to tottaly poweroff the system and resume it exactly where i
>>> was before now i have to wait for all these programs to start up with
>>> windows xp i was able to start faster!
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>> http://www.goldwatches.com/watches.asp?Brand=39

James Matthews

Re: Hibernate
I found the issue!

I ran the windows clean-up wiz and it delete's the hibernate file! So the
solutition is to go into the command line as an admin and type in
powercfg -h on and it comes back!

Thanks for the help

James