Great Suggestion for Disk Defragmenter

Frank

Great Suggestion for Disk Defragmenter
There should be an advanced option that allows the users to change the speed
or basically the performance quality of the Disk Defragmenter according to
whatever needs or desires that the user may have.

I personally hate seeing the defragmenter run slow because I usually use it
when I am not using my computer and it is very dragging to see it take
forever and not working as hard as it could.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...ce_maintenance
Dana Cline - MVP

Re: Great Suggestion for Disk Defragmenter
There are several ways to do this, I think. I've never tried, but you should
be able to boost the priority of an individual process. I know you can
change Vista's foreground/background process priority, which might help
too...

Or you could invest in Diskeeper, which is a great defragmenter...

Dana Cline - MCE MVP

"Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news7BAD215-C589-43FD-8856-40310A6A6E41@microsoft.com...
> There should be an advanced option that allows the users to change the
> speed
> or basically the performance quality of the Disk Defragmenter according to
> whatever needs or desires that the user may have.
>
> I personally hate seeing the defragmenter run slow because I usually use
> it
> when I am not using my computer and it is very dragging to see it take
> forever and not working as hard as it could.
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...ce_maintenance

mikeyhsd

Re: Great Suggestion for Disk Defragmenter
take a look at Auslogics Disk Defrag.
FREE and works with xp and vista both 32 & 64 bit versions.
fast and has little moving boxes.

mikeyhsd@comcast.net

"Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news7BAD215-C589-43FD-8856-40310A6A6E41@microsoft.com...
There should be an advanced option that allows the users to change the speed
or basically the performance quality of the Disk Defragmenter according to
whatever needs or desires that the user may have.

I personally hate seeing the defragmenter run slow because I usually use it
when I am not using my computer and it is very dragging to see it take
forever and not working as hard as it could.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...ce_maintenance
jsnapper2

On May 15, 8:37 am, "Dana Cline - MVP" <dcl...@scriptpro.com> wrote:
> There are several ways to do this, I think. I've never tried, but you should
> be able to boost the priority of an individual process. I know you can
> change Vista's foreground/background process priority, which might help
> too...
>
> Or you could invest inDiskeeper, which is a great defragmenter...
>
> Dana Cline - MCE MVP
>
> "Frank" <F...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> news7BAD215-C589-43FD-8856-40310A6A6E41@microsoft.com...
>

> > There should be an advanced option that allows the users to change the
> > speed
> > or basically the performance quality of the Disk Defragmenter according to
> > whatever needs or desires that the user may have.

> > I personally hate seeing the defragmenter run slow because I usually use
> > it
> > when I am not using my computer and it is very dragging to see it take
> > forever and not working as hard as it could.

> > this

> >http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/com...us/default...- Hide quoted text -

Another good defrag option is PerfectDisk from Raxco Software.