Lost Performance Score

brbrown

Lost Performance Score
When I first had my Vista Home Premium laptop, I was able to access
Performance Information Tools via the Control Panel and the page would show
the "Rate and improve your computers performance" at the top with the
performance details and score below together with the "Update my score"
button at the bottom.
Suddenly, all the performance details and score, together with the "Update
my score" button, have disappeared leaving only the Rate & Improve title
highlighted in blue which does not function when clicked.
Can Anyone please tell me how I can get the performance score details back?

Badger

Re: Lost Performance Score
Have you tried - SFC /SCANNOW to repair or replace missing or corrupt files?

"brbrown" <brbrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I first had my Vista Home Premium laptop, I was able to access
> Performance Information Tools via the Control Panel and the page would
> show
> the "Rate and improve your computers performance" at the top with the
> performance details and score below together with the "Update my score"
> button at the bottom.
> Suddenly, all the performance details and score, together with the "Update
> my score" button, have disappeared leaving only the Rate & Improve title
> highlighted in blue which does not function when clicked.
> Can Anyone please tell me how I can get the performance score details
> back?

brbrown

Re: Lost Performance Score

"Badger" wrote:

> Have you tried - SFC /SCANNOW to repair or replace missing or corrupt files?
>

> "brbrown" <brbrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I first had my Vista Home Premium laptop, I was able to access
> > Performance Information Tools via the Control Panel and the page would
> > show
> > the "Rate and improve your computers performance" at the top with the
> > performance details and score below together with the "Update my score"
> > button at the bottom.
> > Suddenly, all the performance details and score, together with the "Update
> > my score" button, have disappeared leaving only the Rate & Improve title
> > highlighted in blue which does not function when clicked.
> > Can Anyone please tell me how I can get the performance score details
> > back?
> >

> .
> Hello badger. Thanks for that. I'll give it a go and see what happens. I'll post back when done. Brian

brbrown

Re: Lost Performance Score

Hell again. Badger I presume the sfc scan was to be done with the command
prompt which I have tried and I get a message saying that the sfc prompt
cannot be used and can only be used by the administrator. I am the owner and
sole user so how do I do it? Any idea please?
"brbrown" wrote:

> "Badger" wrote:
>
> > Have you tried - SFC /SCANNOW to repair or replace missing or corrupt files?
> >

> > "brbrown" <brbrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When I first had my Vista Home Premium laptop, I was able to access
> > > Performance Information Tools via the Control Panel and the page would
> > > show
> > > the "Rate and improve your computers performance" at the top with the
> > > performance details and score below together with the "Update my score"
> > > button at the bottom.
> > > Suddenly, all the performance details and score, together with the "Update
> > > my score" button, have disappeared leaving only the Rate & Improve title
> > > highlighted in blue which does not function when clicked.
> > > Can Anyone please tell me how I can get the performance score details
> > > back?
> > >

> > .
> > Hello badger. Thanks for that. I'll give it a go and see what happens. I'll post back when done. Brian

Badger

Re: Lost Performance Score
OK, try the following:
Right click CMD.EXE in the start menu and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Then type CD\ and hit enter to put in the root directory.
Try the SFC /SCANNOW to see if it will now work.

Good luck,
Badger

> Hell again. Badger I presume the sfc scan was to be done with the command
> prompt which I have tried and I get a message saying that the sfc prompt
> cannot be used and can only be used by the administrator. I am the owner
> and
> sole user so how do I do it? Any idea please?
> "brbrown" wrote:
>

>> "Badger" wrote:
>>
>> > Have you tried - SFC /SCANNOW to repair or replace missing or corrupt
>> > files?
>> >

>> > "brbrown" <brbrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > >
>> > .
>> > Hello badger. Thanks for that. I'll give it a go and see what happens.
>> > I'll post back when done. Brian

brbrown

Re: Lost Performance Score
Hello Badger
Can't get that to work. It keeps going back to "You must be an administrator
running a console session in order to use the sfc utility". Any ideas? Brian

"Badger" wrote:

> OK, try the following:
> Right click CMD.EXE in the start menu and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.
> Then type CD\ and hit enter to put in the root directory.
> Try the SFC /SCANNOW to see if it will now work.
>
> Good luck,
> Badger
>

> "brbrown" <brbrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Hell again. Badger I presume the sfc scan was to be done with the command
> > prompt which I have tried and I get a message saying that the sfc prompt
> > cannot be used and can only be used by the administrator. I am the owner
> > and
> > sole user so how do I do it? Any idea please?

> .

Badger

Lost Performance Score
Boot into safe mode and try it again, Brian.

Badger

"Badger" <jerrymcm@msn.com> wrote in message
> OK, try the following:
> Right click CMD.EXE in the start menu and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.
> Then type CD\ and hit enter to put in the root directory.
> Try the SFC /SCANNOW to see if it will now work.
>
> Good luck,
> Badger
>

> "brbrown" <brbrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Hell again. Badger I presume the sfc scan was to be done with the command
>> prompt which I have tried and I get a message saying that the sfc prompt
>> cannot be used and can only be used by the administrator. I am the owner
>> and
>> sole user so how do I do it? Any idea please?

brbrown

RE: Lost Performance Score

Hello Badger. I'll give it a try and post back. Many thanks. Brian
"Badger" wrote:

> Boot into safe mode and try it again, Brian.
>
> Badger
>

> "Badger" <jerrymcm@msn.com> wrote in message
> > OK, try the following:
> > Right click CMD.EXE in the start menu and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.
> > Then type CD\ and hit enter to put in the root directory.
> > Try the SFC /SCANNOW to see if it will now work.
> >
> > Good luck,
> > Badger
> >

> > "brbrown" <brbrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> Hell again. Badger I presume the sfc scan was to be done with the command
> >> prompt which I have tried and I get a message saying that the sfc prompt
> >> cannot be used and can only be used by the administrator. I am the owner
> >> and
> >> sole user so how do I do it? Any idea please?

> .

brbrown

RE: Lost Performance Score
Tried in safe mode and got the same results although, after trying it several
times, I got a message saying "Windows file protection could not initiate a
scan of protected system files. The specific error code is 0x000006ba (the
RFC server is unavailable".

"brbrown" wrote:

> Hello Badger. I'll give it a try and post back. Many thanks. Brian
> "Badger" wrote:
>
> > Boot into safe mode and try it again, Brian.
> >
> > Badger
> >

> > "Badger" <jerrymcm@msn.com> wrote in message
> > > OK, try the following:
> > > Right click CMD.EXE in the start menu and select RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR.
> > > Then type CD\ and hit enter to put in the root directory.
> > > Try the SFC /SCANNOW to see if it will now work.
> > >
> > > Good luck,
> > > Badger
> > >

> > > "brbrown" <brbrown@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > .

Badger

Re: Lost Performance Score
Can't help further, Brian,

Sorry, Badger

> Tried in safe mode and got the same results although, after trying it
> several
> times, I got a message saying "Windows file protection could not initiate
> scan of protected system files. The specific error code is 0x000006ba (the
> RFC server is unavailable".

<Snip>