Restore problem!

bushi1

Restore problem!

Hi there
Im new in your forum and also in Vista World!

I got a Hp laptop AMD Turion x2 64 2.00 Ghz, 2 GB Ram, 250 GB HDD!
Im having a problem, since my laptop is new, i couldn't install other OS
except Vista (or i could manage it with some serious changes on the
system, which i didn't accept to do)

So, since I'm new in Vista i don't know much about that! Im having a
issue with this laptop a kind of System Restore every time I restart my
computer!
In case that I don't know that the SR is, let me explain my problem

For example: My default folder view is showed only by NAME (like, HDD,
DVD-RW etc). So, i arrange icons by columns (like: name, total size,
free size etc etc). I do that for my desire. When i shut down the
computer, and start it after a while, it goes back to the VISTA DESIRE,
showing again on the folders only NAME, nothing else, like total size,
free size...

So I have to do again the same thing like putting a tick to all those
columns to show up!
Another thing is for example, when i make some changes on a program,
like WINAMP (something like, hide Album ART, hide MEDIA PLAYLIST, use
GLOBAL HOTKEYS etc) and play some music in that everything goes OK. As
soon as I restart the program, Winamp, or the entire PC, it keeps
showing again the same things, liek i didn't disable those thing
before!
Everything goes like the original start up of the program. No matter if
i do those changes or not!
I just took the WINAMP example, cuz its happening with all the programs,
like WMP, VLC, MSN, MOZILLA, Google Chrome, IE8 etc etc!

Or, if I want to change a thing like "START THE PROGRAM when the WINDOWS
START'S" it gives the the pop-up that system changing things and then i
go there and click if i wan't to deny or allow that program to start
when the windows starts! So i click deny!
When i restart the PC, its still there no matter that i selected
permit-denny-allow!
Nothing happens!

Every single change that i made for my own desire, after i restart the
program or the PC, it goes back like i didn't disable those things that
i don'T want!
And its annoying to do those changes every time I go on the PC

So, this has to do with System Restore of VISTA or NOT!
Can I change anything to stop this restore thing that keeps showing
every time I restart my LAPTOP!

Thnx

--
bushi1
FDLeyda

Re: Restore problem!
"bushi1" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi there
> Im new in your forum and also in Vista World!
>
> I got a Hp laptop AMD Turion x2 64 2.00 Ghz, 2 GB Ram, 250 GB HDD!
> Im having a problem, since my laptop is new, i couldn't install other OS
> except Vista (or i could manage it with some serious changes on the
> system, which i didn't accept to do)

************************************************** ************************************************
Since the Laptop is new what OS did it come with ?

bushi1

Re: Restore problem!

Thnx for replaying but i have to add to my previous post that im not
some kind of geek 4 computers

I bought it from a Company in Serbia that has a licence to sell HP
notebooks in Serbia
When i got it, they didn't tell me that it doesn't have any OS
installed. (and i forgot to ask!)

All i could see when i started the notebook for the first time was the
black screen (and a text something like NO OS INSTALLED)

So i tried WIN XP, it didn't accept!
I send my laptop to a service company here in Kosovo, they told me that
I CAN'T instal WIN XP in this kind of Laptops cuz they are designed for
VISTA!

So I had to accept to install VISTA even i didn't know a thing about
it!

So, if you could imagine what i said, a Laptop with 250 HDD and without
OS installed! How do they call it: BOOT or something like that cuz im
not sure!
I hope that i answered your question's and hope that this will help you
out to give me some info's about that changing option's thing every time
i restart my laptop that i told before!

Thnx

--
bushi1